07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Computers and Technology are clearly a part of every day life, so we should have a section to talk about it. This category is quite extensive, so we'll sub-categorize as needed.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: If someone could plz help

If someone could plz help 1 year 7 hours ago #35116

• Usernametaken
  • Usernametaken's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I’m embarrassed to say my computer skills are subpar. I’m not that old, late 40’s so I should know more. My bday is Monday but I don’t celebrate anymore. I don’t use social media except for here and I only use my phone. Limited finances leave no room for a tablet, laptop or even WiFi. So I need to know how to update my avatar with a picture and would also like to know how to post links. I haven’t tried to update profile today but last time it didn’t work. My email address is wrong. I know there were more important issues to address but thought I read that profiles can be updated now. Oh yea, SMH I don’t even know how to insert pic into an email! I
Have an IPhone if that matters.

Thanks everyone & have a Great Day!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If someone could plz help 1 year 4 hours ago #35128

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8224
It can be done with a phone. Choose EDIT at the top right. For updating your email addy.

I am still learning how to add/change avatars. Hopefully someone with more experience will advise on that.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Usernametaken

If someone could plz help 11 months 4 weeks ago #35168

• aurora77
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • I just want to live with my natural remedies and be left alone.
  • Thank you received: 119
Sooo... Idk if this is what you are looking for, but this is how to do it on an iphone. After login to the website that is. I took some screen shots with some beautifully edited artwork directing you to the appropriate links to get you to what you want.

First, when you login, click on your User Name

Then, click on Avatar on the right hand side...ish...
(from here you can also change your email addy)

Finally, click on Add Avatar to add a pic from your computer, (you will need to tell the system where to find the picture by using the file explorer and directing it to where the pic is) or you can just use the default avatars below the screen you are looking at. Since you have already, I assume that you have the issue fixed. But, idk so here you go ^_^

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Usernametaken

Last edit: by aurora77.

If someone could plz help 11 months 4 weeks ago #35178

• Usernametaken
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Laurie! I tried editing my email before & I wasn’t successful. I hit edit, changed email & expected their to be a done feature or something similar for the changes to take place. Idk if I’m missing something. I’ll try again.

Aurora77 thanks so much for the very detailed directions. That had to take you a lot of time & I greatly appreciate you doing that for me. After reading your instructions, there’s something I’m not familiar with. You mentioned having to let the system know what file to get photo from. My ignorance is showing but Idk how to do that. I’m glad I’m asking questions though cuz how else am I going to learn. I’m way behind in tech & every day that world expands so I need to catch up. If not, I’ll end up more isolated than I already am. I just figured out how to add pic to email, lol. I don’t have anything in my “files”. All my pics are keep under “photos” on IPhone. Do you mind expanding on this aspect?

Much appreciated!! Take Care All

If someone could plz help 11 months 4 weeks ago #35189

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
I think there’s a SAVE button at the bottom.

Yes, I just looked again. Click SAVE at the very bottom (scroll down there)
Laurie

If someone could plz help 11 months 4 weeks ago #35225

• aurora77
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • I just want to live with my natural remedies and be left alone.
  • Thank you received: 119

Usernametaken wrote: Thanks Laurie! I tried editing my email before & I wasn’t successful. I hit edit, changed email & expected their to be a done feature or something similar for the changes to take place. Idk if I’m missing something. I’ll try again.

Aurora77 thanks so much for the very detailed directions. That had to take you a lot of time & I greatly appreciate you doing that for me. After reading your instructions, there’s something I’m not familiar with. You mentioned having to let the system know what file to get photo from. My ignorance is showing but Idk how to do that. I’m glad I’m asking questions though cuz how else am I going to learn. I’m way behind in tech & every day that world expands so I need to catch up. If not, I’ll end up more isolated than I already am. I just figured out how to add pic to email, lol. I don’t have anything in my “files”. All my pics are keep under “photos” on IPhone. Do you mind expanding on this aspect?

Much appreciated!! Take Care All

So basically, you need to let the website know where the picture you want to use is COMING from. So, in this screenshot, when you click Add, it pops up on iPhone with what you see, and the easiest way is definitely Photo Library. The more detailed way is Browse, but that will show you ALL files, instead of just pics. And pics is what you want. So you click on Photo Library, and you can choose a photo. There ARE size requirements, but the system will let you know what is too big and what is too small if you try to use one that is outside the given parameters.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Usernametaken

If someone could plz help 11 months 4 weeks ago #35236

• Usernametaken
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Aurora77 Thanks so much :cheer: To be honest my head is spinning as I try to grasp this, lol :huh: When you say photo library, do you mean click on the photo icon :huh: . I’m going to try this but I highly doubt I’ll be successful. This type of thing is not my calling. I consider myself to be intelligent but my lack of understanding what the majority of people know makes me feel ignorant Once again thanks for your reply! Take Care

Last edit: by Usernametaken.

If someone could plz help 11 months 4 weeks ago #35240

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
All you gotta do is follow the above instructions (thank you aurora77!) and THEN scroll down to SAVE. You got this!
Laurie

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds