Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Read here before posting. You may find the answer.

TOPIC: magnesium to fight tolerance?

Bookmark and Share

magnesium to fight tolerance? 1 year 2 months ago #10013

• Lanie
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 65
Magnesium to fight tolerance does it work for you?
How much?
How often?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

magnesium to fight tolerance? 1 year 2 months ago #10041

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kratom Goes On.
  • Thank you received: 864
Hey Lanie, I take 250mg about 30 minutes before a dose of Kratom once a day if you take Kratom everyday. If you don't then only take it about every third or fourth dose. That seems to help me with my Tolerance. Also St. John's Wort is good for Tolerance.
If anybody has any Questions about Kratom please private message me & I will be glad to answer as soon as I can.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lanie

magnesium to fight tolerance? 1 year 2 months ago #10053

• August Noon
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 183
I am going to give this a shot. I'll pick some up after work. I've never heard the St. John's wort thing. Unfortunate. I just threw away a huge bottle because it didn't do much for me.
#kratomlivesmatter

magnesium to fight tolerance? 1 year 2 months ago #10774

• stray_cat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I must share this about magnesium.

I've been using a specific brand of liquid magnesium for *years* (at least 8 years) to alleviate severe upper thigh and adductor (inner thigh below groin) muscle cramps, and less severe in other areas. Before that, I used just about everything (bananas, gatorade and anything else my research came up with) but nothing worked as well. 2-3 droppers full, under the tongue, chased by water or a packet or 2 of emergen-c. Cramping stops 5-30 seconds after an attack and lasts for at least 24 hrs. I think it works so well due to bio-availability. My intense cramping usually comes on at night when dehydrated (which is often) and water does little to replace the electrolytes lost, as I am a "sweater".

It's called Mega-mag 400mg, made by a Utah company called "Trace Minerals Research". Actually just got 3 4oz bottles in last week. For an idea of how useful it is to me, I carry a 4oz bottle everywhere I go, together with oil of oregano (antibiotic) for cuts. I work in construction.

Hope this helps someone out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nmruska

magnesium to fight tolerance? 1 year 2 months ago #10776

• werewolf
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
"Mega-mag 400mg"

I looked at the reviews for that on amazon. 17% are 1 star. Might be a good idea to take a look at them.

I have been taking magnesium capsules which I also got from amazon - Innovix Labs "Advanced magnesium" at this time. It's supposed to be good for me, or so they say.

To tell the truth I haven't used any kratom for months now. I'd like to get back to it but the thought of that powder going down my muzzle and getting stuck in my throat and discoloring my beautiful fur and the taste and all is rather daunting. I think I'll try it as tea...and look around for the latest greatest tea making recipe in case there is anything that is "new and improved" along those lines.

Oh, I don't have muscle cramps in my thigh, but I do have something along those lines - some sort of nerve damage in the back of my thigh that radiates down to my lower leg and foot. That's why I want to try kratom again. Maybe I should try upping my magnesium dose.

magnesium to fight tolerance? 1 year 2 months ago #10873

• stray_cat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Sorry about the sciatic pain. Been there, 2 lower back surgeries, fortunately the 2nd resolved it but I lost my knee and ankle reflexes from nerve damage. Since magnesium plays a major role in nerve conduction, I hope it doesn't intensify what you have.

I did take a look and saw that 90% of the 1 star reviews were due to the horrid taste and burning sensation. The 2nd most prevalent 1 star reviews seems to be due to past pull date bottles being shipped (I buy mine fresh from allstarhealth.com).

They are correct about the taste but it never bothered me. What I don't do is mix in a glass of any liquid as that makes me almost gag, I always take it sublingually and there is almost no taste there. What might be causing the caustic/burning effect is the high chloride (or maybe any of the other 72 minerals/trace elements) but I chase it down 15 sec. later with water or orange emergen-c and it's gone, my excruciating cramps disappear and stay gone for ~24hrs.

Maybe most people take magnesium just to supplement the mineral, and this might be a poor choice, specially for kids. I use it primarily for the "instant" relief from cramps which I credit to Mega-mag being ionic and highly bioavailable. I'm guessing my cramps come from mineral depletion or dehydration after highly active days, leaving a calcium-magnesium imbalance. I've read that Calcium helps contract muscles and Magnesium helps relax them.

Haven't tried more than 2 or 3 forms of magnesium but since this has worked so dramatically for me, thought I'd throw it out here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds