07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Read here before posting. You may find the answer.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Stomach discomfort with Kratom

Stomach discomfort with Kratom 1 week 3 days ago #35616

• Dstarr66
  • Dstarr66's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Has ANYONE else had stomach cramps/pain with karatom use? I’ve been using only 3-4grams 2x daily for about 2 months. Recently more times than not I get horrible stomach cramps that last about 30 -45 mins. What is this!!!????
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stomach discomfort with Kratom 1 week 3 days ago #35617

• Jazzfan1
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 346
Yes, I have experienced stomach cramps and major discomfort. It seems to only happen when I take a certain vendors Kratom. Also it always happens when I take that kratom in capsule form. Because, Kratom is so different from person to person. I won't mention the vendor of the Kratom that caused me stomach pain/discomfort.
If a certain strain or a certain vendors Kratom causes pain or discomfort. I would stop using it or mix it with other vendors Kratom if you don't want to waste it. This is another good reason to NOT order large quantities of one kind of Kratom.

You could also try contacting the vendor and explaining your situation and see if they will replace it with a different strain. But, please contact them and give them a chance before mentioning that vendor. Give them a chance to work with you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Dstarr66

Last edit: by Jazzfan1.

Stomach discomfort with Kratom 1 week 3 days ago #35623

• Dstarr66
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Jazzfan1- thank you for the response. Here is the thing , I have purchased from the same vendor. I started getting the cramp about the last couple weeks of the kg I first purchased. I purchased another kg from the same vendor but a diff strain. So I’m not sure it the stomach cramps are just rolling over from before or if this strain is causing them since they did start with the previous strain. I never had a prob for almost a month and a half before though. I will contact my vendor, they have been awesome and I’m sure they would help me try and figure it out.

Stomach discomfort with Kratom 1 week 2 days ago #35640

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 429
Hydration I would rule out first... I’m not saying that some Kratom won’t give you stomach cramps but make sure your getting enough fluids. Somthing I like to do is mix in about a Tbs of chia seeds, (juice of 1/2- 1 lemon optional) & 1/4 tsp sea salt in a 12-16 oz of water and let that sit for about 20 minuets for chia seeds to absorb water ... this is amazing for hydrating and has helped with stomach issues I’ve had. And it tastes good .... delicious and good for you either way ...this is a great way to stay hydrated and get electrolytes .

Then Again it’s possible it’s the batch like Jazzfan mentioned.

Hope your stomach starts to feel better sooner than not

Take care

Stomach discomfort with Kratom 1 week 1 day ago #35678

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2912
Dstarr66,

How’s your stomach cramps? Hope you’re feeling much better. Did you ever resolve a cause, or is it an eternal mystery?

Best wishes! Laurie
Laurie

Stomach discomfort with Kratom 1 week 18 hours ago #35685

• Dstarr66
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for asking Laurie! I think it might be the protein I taking. Many times I mix the Kratom in my protein shake before my workout. I use it as a “pre-workout” which works far better than expensive other pre-workouts that cause me to feel jittery and “cracked out” haha I started taking mixing the Kratom with grapefruit juice and drinking protein separate and (knock on wood) I havnt had the problems yet!! I’ll keep this updated as to inform people of mixing with protein. Isn’t such a good idea.(at least for me)

Stomach discomfort with Kratom 1 week 17 hours ago #35686

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
Good so far (fingers crossed)!

You DO know about grapefruit juice being contraindicated with many medications, I hope!

Keep in touch. We can all learn something from your experience - a lot of people suffer with gastric discomfort and maybe your posts can help others as well.

Thanks for the reply!
Laurie

Stomach discomfort with Kratom 1 week 17 hours ago #35687

• Dstarr66
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yrs I know about grapefruit juice and the possibility of drug interactions. I have read a lot promoting grapefruit and Kratom mixtures. So far I feel it actually has a positive effect.

Stomach discomfort with Kratom 1 week 17 hours ago #35688

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
Agreed. I’m glad you’re aware of that is all. Many people use OJ to avoid the possibility of a contadiction with pharmaceutical meds.

Sounds like you’re doing better. That’s great!

Nice seeing you back on the best kratom forum ever ;-)
Laurie

Stomach discomfort with Kratom 1 week 6 minutes ago #35695

• Dstarr66
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
One quick question that I have not found a concrete answer to, and maybe there just isn’t enough evidence yet, but do you know if Kratom has any affect on the liver? I was in liver failure 2 years ago, since, I have gained full function and have a clean bill of health but I’m still a little concerned . Thanks

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds