07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Read here before posting. You may find the answer.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: has anyone tried to take kratom with you into court?

has anyone tried to take kratom with you into court? 4 months 4 weeks ago #40444

• danyi123
  • danyi123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
im not sure if this is the right place to ask this but at the beginning of next month i have jury duty. i doubt i'll get picked but i still have to go and im not sure how long i'll have to be there so i really want to bring some kratom with me. it is legal in my state but has anyone tried bringing kratom with them into court?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

has anyone tried to take kratom with you into court? 4 months 4 weeks ago #40450

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7641
I served fairly recently and it wasn’t a problem. Hopefully other people have experiences to share - cool question.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, danyi123

has anyone tried to take kratom with you into court? 4 months 4 weeks ago #40451

• danyi123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
did you show them you had it and they said it wasnt a problem or did you sneak it in?

has anyone tried to take kratom with you into court? 4 months 4 weeks ago #40452

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
Neither. It didn’t occur to me as a “sneaking” in. I simply put my purse through and went in. I have ALL KINDS OF STUFF in my purse and I didn’t have to empty it out and explain my purse contents. I’ve never offered to divulge my purse contents to board a plane, either. They scan it, and dig around now and then. I don’t carry a kilo in my bag! LOL

For my service, it was necessary medication to DO THE JOB. Otherwise I would not have been able to serve due to health reasons. I find it fascinating opportunity. Not many people feel the same way about it.

I would recommend you not do it at all! Feeling as if you’re doing something criminal and carrying contraband is bound to be a problem. Definitely don’t take the chance.

I’m transparent about my kratom use, if asked. But I don’t ANNOUNCE it wherever I go.!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, KratoCan, danyi123

Last edit: by Laurie.

has anyone tried to take kratom with you into court? 4 months 4 weeks ago #40454

• danyi123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
i think ill just leave it in my pockets without telling them. even if im caught at least they cant arrest me since its not illegal. i take it for anxiety myself so without it i def wont be able to serve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, KratoCan

has anyone tried to take kratom with you into court? 4 months 4 weeks ago #40456

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
I sympathize...that’s for sure. Too bad managing anxiety causes anxiety. It is a familiar gerbil wheel.

Definitely cool question and it will be great to hear how it went for you. Don’t forget to let us know what you finally decided to do and how it went.

Usually just putting watches and buckles and knives and lighters in the cup - from your person - is what they need. Metal stuff. No homemade jam and no bottled water!
Laurie

has anyone tried to take kratom with you into court? 4 months 4 weeks ago #40457

• danyi123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
i cant even bring an unopened drink like gatorade?

has anyone tried to take kratom with you into court? 4 months 4 weeks ago #40458

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
That was airport security sarcasm. I always forget the rules and put water bottles in my bags. THAT is what gets my purse inspected!

I don’t know if Gatorade is allowed. I had an entire lunch with me!

Try not to get pre-jury duty anxiety. I’ll shut up - that will help.
Laurie

has anyone tried to take kratom with you into court? 4 months 4 weeks ago #40479

• Inland Botanicals
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 229
I've brought it in before when I went for jury duty. I had it in my purse and they actually had to stop me because I accidentally left a knife in there as well (oops). But yea, they looked in my purse and never said anything about the Kratom. And I had like a 50g bag with a kitchen spoon in there :P If you don't carry a purse can you just leave it in your car? They do give breaks if you're picked and expected to serve all day. Good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, danyi123

has anyone tried to take kratom with you into court? 4 months 4 weeks ago #40490

• danyi123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
i wish i could drive right now it would make it so much easier but i had a seizure a couple weeks ago so legally i cant drive for 6 months so ill be getting dropped off.

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds