07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Read here before posting. You may find the answer.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: question about dosage schedule

question about dosage schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #42038

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2685
hey bellacat! im glad you found us. I use the leaf to manage my osteoarthritis and it truly helps. as far as red 95% put me to sleep. naturs cure red thai and red borneo are the only ones I can mix into my day before work blend. my tolerance is higher than I would like and I use the leaf twice a day on work days (sometimes 3 if I have an especially long day ) and mostly not at all on my days off. but im in the middle of my busy work season so I can take a tolerance break in the winter when hours are easier.

but generally every 4-6 hours is the 'standard' for most but I usually don't dose at night im taking phelledendron nightly and occasionally corydalis, skullcap, or wild lettuce which all work for nighttime pain as well. I hope this helps. please don't be afraid to ask anything. we are a very good honest support group!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, bellacat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

question about dosage schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #42042

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 313
I have never had any Kratom be sedating for me. I am not sure why, but some of us are "opposites". What is sedating for some is not sedating for us. The dark red meng da gives me a mood lift and makes be get up and moving. It may be that one strain. I've tried other reds that don't do much for me. I have tried other strains in the past but wasn't paying as much attention to strain versus results to really know. When I first tried the Dark Red meng da it was magic. Pain relief, mood lift, magic.
I also tried the Golden Leaf Green elephant. Very nice too, but I keep going back to old faithful. I am waiting for another order, in the mean time I am doing one gram of Dark red with another green just to switch it up a bit.

I wish I did find a Kratom to be sedating. It would be nice to have something that drifted me off to sleep, but it hasn't worked like that for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373

question about dosage schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #42043

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 313
This thread almost makes me wonder if we could have a thread dedicated to each strain. Reds, greens, whites etc. In spite of the common knowledge of red being sedating, white being energizing, etc. it seems to be all over the map for people. Maybe we can break things down to a finer sort. Sedating reds versus energizing reds etc. Personally, I would like to find a true sedating red. My favorite red, dark red meng da is energizing for me. Maybe it is just that strain.

Something to think about.

question about dosage schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #42044

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7675
I haven’t found a sedating red yet, either. I use them for pain relief and energy with no white needed.
Laurie

question about dosage schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #42057

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
youre right littlebear, and laurie. everyones different! dark red MD and red bali make it sleepytime for me but my husbands an opposite and can take them anytime. red borno from NC is just about gone! we both have been using that, and shared it too. he got his boss to try it, poor guy spewed. I told him he gave him too much!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Tiggermanscrat

question about dosage schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #42146

• bellacat
  • bellacat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
So today I tried cutting my morning does in half (from 2 grams to 1 gram) and then took another gram 7 hours later when my pain returned. The morning dose seemed to help my pain but unfortunately, it ultimately did not work out as I felt nothing from the second dose at all and the arthritis pain in my feet became very intense (much worse than it has been with my regular 2 grams in the am). Maybe I waited too long and the pain had already "set in?" Strange that I felt nothing from the second dose as I had only eaten a small meal several hours prior to taking it. Maybe I need to take a higher dose? Perhaps 1 gram in the morning and 2 grams in the afternoon? I so appreciate all your feedback.
Thank you again!

question about dosage schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #42151

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3298

Perhaps 1 gram in the morning and 2 grams in the afternoon?

This seems like a good plan. 7 hours later I would just take a full dose. I take my morning dose before most of my pain sets in by the end of day I am a mess so my doses are higher.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, bellacat

Last edit: by Nan70.

question about dosage schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #42156

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
bellacat,

you can even dose the same with the same strain and it will still be different some days. even if both times you have an empty stomach! constant learning curve..but yes I think you figured it out. dose a little more closer together. maybe try 1.5 grams 3-4 hrs later to keep things going. once the pain sets its hard to get rid of it. ive had to use 2g of akuamma as well as my dose when that happens. sometimes it creeps up on you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, bellacat

question about dosage schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #42157

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1153
Good morning dear friends! (waving wildly) And how are you all? I'm sorry I've been AWOL lately. (horsepital) UGH. I HATE the cold hard steel and tubes. And vacuous, reptilian eyes of 99.9% of the techs, doctor's and Gnatzi matron head nurses. (and I have a love affair with my over weight, abusive turtle)!! Boy howdy! Was Twink pissed off this morning!!! The 4 a.m. blood letting by the blood techs who hate their jobs..... I was discharged at 8 p.m. last night. I had to get a damned taxi home. Ahhh...... but I have digressed. These damned lungs are going to be the death of me! (plenty of blood work and NO PESTICIDES)! All I know is one day I was in my home minding my own business and the next day I was in the "house of cold steel and cold eyes".

About dosage...... I have to consume 1 and a half teaspoons every 3 to 4 hours to even get CLOSE to controlling my pain. As you good souls know I'm pretty new to Kratom. That being said I notice everyone's dosages and I have to admit I find it a bit disconcerting. It has me wondering if I'm consuming too much..... And I don't want that particular monkey riding on the back of my psyche right at the moment. But to be perfectly honest I don't know what else I can do. And I still have to throw in an Advil here and there! I find all Kratom stimulating and helpful for my pain. I have plenty of that to go around for most folks. I use a red until it's not effective and then change to a green and use that until it's not effective. Then I take a break for a couple of three days. I've yet to try white's or gold's. I never dose any Kratom past 5 p.m. It is not sedating to me. I must admit that Petunia has me thinking of calling Rob ASAP and trying that dark, or chocolate?, Kratom. I love chocolate so I may as well find out if that's a serendipitous discovery. If there was a dark red Sangria Kratom well heck.... I'd try that also! I also have some Red Dragon from Rob that I've yet to try. Hmmmmm........ It's definitely time to call Rob. I like Little Bears suggestion for specific strains and what their effects are. Even with people having different reactions to all strains there would still be an algorithm present for a person to do his or her own check list against others responses. We all have basic commonalities. And then a person can match up as closely as they possibly can to another persons experience. I have a feeling that our DNA is going to play a very large role in how any given strain effects any given person. A very amazing plant. Even DNA can vary wildly. One person can have the DNA of 1 in 8 billion match. While another may have 1 in 11 billion.

It's nice to meet you bellacat. And you ladies of the ILK forum are looking lovely as fresh roses on a dew laden spring morning. It's good to see you Little Brother! (future Kratom magnate). I have missed you fine, sweet souls. I hope I haven't forgotten a howdy do to anyone. If I have please forgive me. It's not an intentional slight. I must try and catch up on my e-mails.

Be blessed all!

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, bellacat

question about dosage schedule 3 months 2 weeks ago #42158

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3711
geehosafats Robie !!!! Missed you too!!!! I’m terribly sorry about you needing to visit the horsepital ..... what a drag!!
As far as dosages for me and what I consider a lot .... I’d say your doing great with that .... and I agree everyone is different when it comes to what works best .... I take my
2 tsp 3-5 x a day.... that’s a lot compared to some ... usually 4 x a day , dose every 4 hrs .... 1-1/2 tsp seem very reasonable to me .... and the fact you take a 2-3 day break is great .... I surely don’t !!!! Missed you dearly my broski!!! Off to work ... look forward to catching up with you.... you take good care my friend !!!! (L) if the ladies are roses on a dew laden morning ... I feel like I’m a cactus of the medicinally strong sort , at least that’s what I resonate with !!!

Much love and respect for you Robie

Brandon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, michele373

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds