21 Nov 2018
Happy Thanksgiving from the I Love Kratom Community!

We wanted to post all the Black Friday Deals that our approved vendors have made us aware of. We have heard that there are a few vendors that are having a tough time staying stocked up. We are confident one of these vendors would love to help you until your vendor is all stocked up again!
Read More...
You guessed it! This section is for general discussion that may or may not have anything to do with Kratom.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: I have a physical dependence

I have a physical dependence 4 months 3 weeks ago #29769

• Thefrogshateme
  • Thefrogshateme's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 653
I have to say that I'm physically dependant on kratom now. I'm a daily user and take many doses throughout the day. I try not to exceed 20 grams. If I wake up in the morning don't talk to me, don't speak to me. Let me take a shower and get ready for work in silence. I might bite your head off. I'm physically dependant on caffeine as well. The dependence is about like caffeine I would say. By the time I'm at work I'm in a better mood. Anyone else?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I have a physical dependence 4 months 3 weeks ago #29774

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3006
I can take it or leave it....BUT I have never gone a full 24 hours without it, so who knows?

I do use coffee, BUT I am having a H of a time trying to give up black tea.

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong

I have a physical dependence 4 months 3 weeks ago #29786

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1251
Green tea is my problem. I also will get nauseous from green tea if I drink it on am empty stomach or brew it too strong. I keep a baggie of green tea in my purse and a few years ago I traveled overseas I had 4 boxes packed in my suitcase. I have even went as far when at someone's house and they offer me tea I insist on green tea and will hand them my own tea bag if they do not have it.

I have a physical dependence 4 months 3 weeks ago #29795

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Just noticed the error in my post.

I DO NOT use coffee.

In fact once I started oxycodone and got good pain relief I stopped taking a lot of substances including alcohol. CLEARLY I was medicating for pain.

And then after 4 years of HARD WORK I did not need the oxy anymore either and Kratom helped with that!

I DO like my morning dose of Kratom however, since I have arthritis mornings are painful, so I would not want to give up my morning dose.

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong

I have a physical dependence 4 months 3 weeks ago #29798

• Thefrogshateme
  • Thefrogshateme's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 653

bomalley wrote: Just noticed the error in my post.

I DO NOT use coffee.

In fact once I started oxycodone and got good pain relief I stopped taking a lot of substances including alcohol. CLEARLY I was medicating for pain.

And then after 4 years of HARD WORK I did not need the oxy anymore either and Kratom helped with that!

I DO like my morning dose of Kratom however, since I have arthritis mornings are painful, so I would not want to give up my morning dose.

kratom helps with your arthritis pain? Arthritis is causes swelling to like carpal tunnel? It doesn't seem to help me at all with this sort of pain.
If I actually get diagnosed with carpal tunnel like the doctor says I have they were gonna let me get surgery. If I do it I can stop complaining, but If I do I probably will lose my position at work. My boss already said U can't have surgery

Last edit: by Thefrogshateme.

I have a physical dependence 4 months 3 weeks ago #29802

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2553
Sorry to hear about no surgery, Frogs. Can you get PT (physical therapy) during off hours as a plan B? You can be taught how to relieve the pain and swelling even if you aren’t cut first. I hope you asked. Hugs

Laurie

I have a physical dependence 4 months 3 weeks ago #29804

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Frogs my husband deals with carpel tunnel he has avoided surgery. The rate that symptoms return after surgery is not ideal, he needs to repeatedly use his hand and we decided in time the ligament will form scar tissue and he will be in need of repeat surgeries. As long as he can still work he uses PT, braces,icing, and topical oil massages, If possible breaks from using his hand.
He takes Kratom 2 to 3 times a week for knee and shoulder pain, I have to ask him if he feel Kratom helps with the carpel tunnel.
I find Kratom is less effective on certain types of nerve pain. With carpel tunnel the median nerve is compressed. I would look for anti inflammatory solutions along with kratom. My suggestions turmeric,ginger,fish oil(or flack seed oil)
Also I have seen improvements with my own nerve pain reduction by taking MSM supplement. (Methylsulfonylmethane)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1

I have a physical dependence 4 months 3 weeks ago #29806

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I have read that low levels of Vitamin B6 are involved in the development of carpal tunnel...worth a try. Also magnesium supplementation might help.

Arthritis is bone/joint pain...carpal tunnel is nerve pain and as others have said Kratom might not be that helpful for nerve pain. However, there has to be some inflammation involved so anti-inflammatory measures are called for too!

BUT the biggest contribution to carpal tunnel as I understand it is occupational. Certain repetitive motions irritate the joint causing inflammation and bone deposits.

In my country an employer is REQUIRED to accommodate health conditions (especially if those health conditions were caused by their work) and they cannot force an employee to work under conditions that cause harm.

Ideally your employer should be working with you to make sure that you rotate between different job duties so that you are not sustaining the same repetitive motions with your hands/wrists over long periods of time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Nan70

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong

I have a physical dependence 4 months 3 weeks ago #29808

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Nope- I asked. He finds Kratom does not take the edge off of carpel tunnel pain.
He takes daily turmeric, ginger, garlic infused olive oil massage(his thing) and I just started him on magnesium supplement.
Also google MSM powder and treating carpel tunnel pain.

We are going try essential oils-

"one of the fastest topical treatments for carpal tunnel relief is essential oils. Essential oils have been used for thousands of years to naturally reduce pain and heal various conditions. Two essential oils are going to be the most effective, and those are wintergreen oil and cypress oil.

Wintergreen essential oil has an analgesic effect. It will actually cool the painful, inflamed area and relieve some of the symptoms.
Cypress oil increases circulation and can, therefore, speed up healing.
If you want to add other helpful oils to boost the tissue repair, I recommend helichrysum essential oil, peppermint and frankincense. Peppermint can reduce pain and frankincense can decrease inflammation.
Use a mixture of cypress and wintergreen oils (and possibly the others mentioned, too). You typically will take about 3-4 drops mixed with a bit of coconut oil. Rub it on the inflamed area 1-3 times daily for fast relief."

This has to smell a lot better than garlic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds