07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
We realize that there are hundreds of amazing health and wellness topics. This is the section to talk about them.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Digestive Health?

Digestive Health? 2 years 2 months ago #18717

• madmaxnightrider
  • madmaxnightrider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight For Kratom! Don't Let Them Win!
  • Thank you received: 3152
I take Benefiber 3 times each day with Water. I sometimes have trouble with Kratom being hard on my Gut. Sometimes I will go a few days before I make a Bowl Movement. I know that Kratom will Slow down the Digestive System. I have heard that Calcium & Magnesium are good along with Plenty of Water. I am taking a bunch of Vitamins each day like Magnesium, Vitamin C, D, Aloe Vera Pills, Omega 3-6-9's, Ginger Root Pills, Multivitamin & Vitamin B12. I also try to drink as much water as I can. I usually will drink about 5 or 6 - 16 oz. Bottles or Water each day.

What is good to take to ease any Digestive Discomfort & get your Bowels Moving Normally like they should?
If anybody has any Questions about Kratom please private message me or make a Post & I will be glad to answer as soon as I can usually within 24 hours if not sooner. I'm usually on really late at night Between Midnight & 5am.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, kobegirl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Digestive Health? 2 years 2 months ago #18720

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3559
Use herbal Cascara Sagrada . It comes in both 250 and 400 mg per day.

If you take enough every day you should be able to produce a bowel movment every day.

If your bowels do not move on one day then take a Senna (in addition to the cascara).
If you go a second day with no BM then take a Dulcolax tab (available at a pharmacy) for overnight relief.

Both Cascara and Senna should be available online as a digestive supplement or at health food stores. Senna comes as a tablet, capsule, or a tea.

Following a bowel protocol like this should keep things moving.

You can also get Pysyllium fiber at the health food store (or online) which is the same stuff as Metamucil but in bulk and much cheaper. You do however, have to be able to mix it and take it quick or it will thicken up and be hard to swallow. It also comes in capsule form.

It takes a bit of practice to get this right for yourself but it is worth it once you find the combination that works for you.

I also take a fruit lax mixture that I make myself in the slow cooker.

Equal parts dried dates, raisins, figs and 2 parts pitted prunes. Cover with water.

Let it sit in the slow cooker (on low) until it is all soft and mixed well, then puree it in in a blender.

If you need additional power use senna tea instead of water when you make it.

1 -2 tbsp per day is all that is needed.

This mixture is used in nursing homes as a natural way to prevent constipation.
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, kobegirl

Digestive Health? 2 years 2 months ago #18724

• no one special
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Full spectrum extract, possibly homemade using white vinegar water and cheap vodka. I also came upon the kratom powder roadblock. Problem is the leaf powder does not dissolve and actually aside from the alkaloids being extracted in your stomach from the stomach acid, the leaf powder does not really digest, but just kind of settles down and slows you down. Magnesium Citrate or even Phillips MOM help if you get it early enough and eating a well rounded diet with plenty of liquids does help. Slow downs can be quite agravating, especially if you eat dense bread products such as pizza and bread sticks. I know a lot of people swear by the leaf powder but then again a lot of people have problems also. i learned how to make my own full spectrum resin and the intestinal difficulties stopped.

Digestive Health? 2 years 2 months ago #18728

• kobegirl
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 304
Hi Max. I've dealt w this 20 years being on Oxy. Both cascara and senna ripped my system apart after a time. I use aloe Vera tablets or capsules daily before bed recommended by homeopathic MD not hard On my sensitive system At ALL even after 16 yrs. not pricey either. Think you woukd love it !! :-h
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider

Last edit: by kobegirl.

Digestive Health? 2 years 2 months ago #18729

• kobegirl
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
No one it seems intimidating to me the extract recipe like I will mess it up but will try it soon. Huge thx for sharing. Found confirmation on another forum that's great recipe ur using and appreciate it. Blessings
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Digestive Health? 2 years 2 months ago #18731

• no one special
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Yeah, I felt a bit intimidated by the task when i first tried it. Worse things that happened were over squeezing filters and popping them and dumping the filter contents into the receiving bowl. Just go slow and you get the hang of it. You could also probably do a 3rd cooking of the kratom powder, but i usually only do 2 because i get burnt out with the filtering process. Also, never forget the acidic component in the mix. I've done it with just water, and only alcohol and was not really happy with the results. Some of the alkaloids are water soluble, some are acid soluble and some are alcohol soluble. so i use all 3 in one process.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kobegirl

Digestive Health? 2 years 2 months ago #18733

• kobegirl
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
No one thank you soooooo much for that. Also explaining why all 3 necessary. The water recipe on YouTube looked too easy to work! Haha.
Will make on thurs after all the dr appts r over with since it takes care & time. Really appreciate this my tummy cannot ingest all this powder for severe pain. Big hug !!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Digestive Health? 2 years 2 months ago #18744

• kobegirl
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Bomalley suggestions are wonderful too. My dad eats a handful of prunes a day keeps him regular. I took both cascara Sagrada and senna for a time and my system really sensitive but they might work great for you Max for a good amount of time but not 20 years daily. No one gave great tincture recipe I'm going to try in few days. Blessings and peace to all. I was pretty upset stupid pain clinic treated me so bad they cannot even smile. Sooooo wierd and I hate being lied to like they do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider

Digestive Health? 2 years 2 months ago #18748

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3559
I took herbal cascara sagrada daily for almost 20 years until I changed my diet and did not need it anymore.

Then oxycodone came into my life and cascara sagrada was back!

It should be pretty safe for most people but if you have sensitivities or issues with your intestinal tissues then ....yes it might be problematic.

Like with all things you have to do what is best for you. BUT I find that Kratom is WAY, WAY worse for creating constipation than the oxy ever was.

If you take Kratom I think it is essential to have a bowel management program. Constipation is NOT funny and can lead to serious problems.
While health care professionals accept many variations of frequency for normal regularity, I tend to subscribe to "once per day" as the minimum acceptable frequency for bowel evacuation.

Think of it, you eat three times per day. If you have a BM every second day then that means there is six meals sitting in your gut fermenting and rotting during that 48 hours. This putrefaction creates many toxic chemicals. There are many conditions associated with autointoxication.

Best to keep things moving along I say! and nature provides us with all kinds of ways to do this.
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong

Digestive Health? 2 years 2 months ago #18752

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 6215
Welcome to the BEST KRATOM FORUM EVAH, no one special.
Did I read your post right? Cheap vodka?! Yikes. Like a tiny bit or something? That's a new one!
Welcome aboard!
Laurie

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds