22 Feb 2018
Over the last few days, we have taken on the task of updating the forum and moving it to a new server. As our community grows, the forum grows and we want it to function at the highest degree for everybody.
Read More...
We realize that there are hundreds of amazing health and wellness topics. This is the section to talk about them.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Rhodiola

Rhodiola 7 months 1 week ago #20242

• Jasmin
  • Jasmin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 169
I thought I'd share my experiences with rhodiola. I really like it! I can see using it on no-kratom days for energy and a mood boost. The first time I took it was first thing in the morning. I am not a morning person at all, and I was especially groggy. 15-20 minutes after taking rhodiola I felt wide awake and ready to go, and not in an unnatural, drugged way. I thought to myself that I didn't even need coffee, but I wanted it. ;o) It also gave me clarity of mind and a sense of well being.

I am concerned about taking this with anxiety though, and there are plenty of web pages out there with warnings. Some people find it helps anxiety, others have their anxiety increase. I really need to get a milligram scale, because dose is important with this stuff. And who has a 1/32 teaspoon? lol One time I took it, I was just on the border of being over stimulated. I read rhodiola is like kratom in that smaller doses are more stimulating and larger doses sedating. I'm a little nervous to experiment with larger doses because just a pinch of rhodiola effects my body.

Anyway, for depression and fatigue, I would definitely recommend trying this. Anxiety sufferers should be cautious.
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, cash mat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rhodiola 7 months 1 week ago #20243

• CT38
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
Hey Jasmin Funnily enough I was looking into buying some rhodiola so your post could not have come at a more perfect moment :)

Did you buy the powder or in capsule form ?

Rhodiola 7 months 1 week ago #20244

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I'm glad it worked out that way! :)

I bought the powder. It's a bit tricky to measure out because you only need a tiny amount. If cost wasn't an issue for me, I would buy capsules in the smallest dose. That would make it easier to tinker with the grams taken. That or a scale that measures milligrams.

Rhodiola 7 months 58 minutes ago #20486

• Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
Where did you get the powder? Have you ever tried making tea from cut up roots? I'm thinking about getting some from this place:

meridianbotanicals.com/index.php?main_pa...h=65&products_id=209

I've purchased cats claw from them in the past and the quality of the cats claw seemed pretty good.

Rhodiola 6 months 4 weeks ago #20496

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I plan on trying Meridian Botanicals' kanna and maybe kava. They seem to have a good reputation. :)

I purchased bulk rhodiola extract from amazon.com. It tastes horrid when you get it straight on your tongue, but I like mixing it with hot water and stevia. It makes a good tea. :) I have yet to find out if heat damages it.

Rhodiola 5 months 3 weeks ago #21283

• Area1255
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Ceretropic's "Super Rhodiola" is IMHO the best Rhodiola supplement. Strong a** stuff! Energy and obliterates muscle soreness. HINT: Use it with hard work and before a run!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasmin

Rhodiola 5 months 3 weeks ago #21300

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Area1255 wrote: Ceretropic's "Super Rhodiola" is IMHO the best Rhodiola supplement. Strong a** stuff! Energy and obliterates muscle soreness. HINT: Use it with hard work and before a run!

I was very happy with my purchase, and it was cheap! I agree... it's awesome before a workout. Also a great tool if you need a mental edge. Everything is clearer with rhodiola... for me anyway.

Rhodiola 5 months 2 weeks ago #21484

• Area1255
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37

Jasmin wrote:

Area1255 wrote: Ceretropic's "Super Rhodiola" is IMHO the best Rhodiola supplement. Strong a** stuff! Energy and obliterates muscle soreness. HINT: Use it with hard work and before a run!

I was very happy with my purchase, and it was cheap! I agree... it's awesome before a workout. Also a great tool if you need a mental edge. Everything is clearer with rhodiola... for me anyway.
Which brand did you get?

Rhodiola 5 months 2 weeks ago #21486

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight For Kratom! Don't Let Them Win!
  • Thank you received: 1965

• Notice: Undefined variable: config in /home/line0019/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle5/layouts/user/profile/default.php on line 139

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/line0019/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle5/layouts/user/profile/default.php on line 139
I can Vouch for Meridian Botanicals. They have Quality Products. I am going to make an Order with them soon for a few Herbs. I am very interested in Rhodiola Rosea.

If anybody has any Questions about Kratom please private message me or make a Post & I will be glad to answer as soon as I can usually within 24 hours if not sooner. I'm usually on really late at night Between Midnight & 5am.

Rhodiola 5 months 1 week ago #21494

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Area1255 wrote: Which brand did you get?

Bulk Supplements on Amazon. It might not be the best for everyone, but I seem to be sensitive to rhodiola, so it works perfectly for me. I also find using the smallest amount produces the greatest effects. If I take a bit too much I don't notice a thing.

madmaxnightrider - I have a Meridian Botanicals order on the way... :) I hope something I ordered works well on my kratom break days. :) I also got some schizandra from a different place. It's not as strong as rhodiola, but effects me similarly. I thought it potentiated kratom at first, but after further tests I'm not so sure. Some web searches showed that I wasn't the only one to think it did something. I haven't tried rhodiola and schizandra together yet. It's supposed to be a great combo. I'm taking a break from rhodiola so as not to develop a tolerance. It sucks that everything that helps me has a tolerance issue. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds