Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
We realize that there are hundreds of amazing health and wellness topics. This is the section to talk about them.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rhodiola

Bookmark and Share

Rhodiola 2 months 6 days ago #20242

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 162
I thought I'd share my experiences with rhodiola. I really like it! I can see using it on no-kratom days for energy and a mood boost. The first time I took it was first thing in the morning. I am not a morning person at all, and I was especially groggy. 15-20 minutes after taking rhodiola I felt wide awake and ready to go, and not in an unnatural, drugged way. I thought to myself that I didn't even need coffee, but I wanted it. ;o) It also gave me clarity of mind and a sense of well being.

I am concerned about taking this with anxiety though, and there are plenty of web pages out there with warnings. Some people find it helps anxiety, others have their anxiety increase. I really need to get a milligram scale, because dose is important with this stuff. And who has a 1/32 teaspoon? lol One time I took it, I was just on the border of being over stimulated. I read rhodiola is like kratom in that smaller doses are more stimulating and larger doses sedating. I'm a little nervous to experiment with larger doses because just a pinch of rhodiola effects my body.

Anyway, for depression and fatigue, I would definitely recommend trying this. Anxiety sufferers should be cautious.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, cash mat

Rhodiola 2 months 6 days ago #20243

• CT38
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
Hey Jasmin Funnily enough I was looking into buying some rhodiola so your post could not have come at a more perfect moment :)

Did you buy the powder or in capsule form ?

Rhodiola 2 months 6 days ago #20244

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
I'm glad it worked out that way! :)

I bought the powder. It's a bit tricky to measure out because you only need a tiny amount. If cost wasn't an issue for me, I would buy capsules in the smallest dose. That would make it easier to tinker with the grams taken. That or a scale that measures milligrams.

Rhodiola 1 month 4 weeks ago #20486

• Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 112
Where did you get the powder? Have you ever tried making tea from cut up roots? I'm thinking about getting some from this place:

meridianbotanicals.com/index.php?main_pa...h=65&products_id=209

I've purchased cats claw from them in the past and the quality of the cats claw seemed pretty good.

Rhodiola 1 month 4 weeks ago #20496

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
I plan on trying Meridian Botanicals' kanna and maybe kava. They seem to have a good reputation. :)

I purchased bulk rhodiola extract from amazon.com. It tastes horrid when you get it straight on your tongue, but I like mixing it with hot water and stevia. It makes a good tea. :) I have yet to find out if heat damages it.

Rhodiola 3 weeks 1 day ago #21283

• Area1255
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
Ceretropic's "Super Rhodiola" is IMHO the best Rhodiola supplement. Strong a** stuff! Energy and obliterates muscle soreness. HINT: Use it with hard work and before a run!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasmin

Rhodiola 3 weeks 18 hours ago #21300

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
Area1255 wrote:
Ceretropic's "Super Rhodiola" is IMHO the best Rhodiola supplement. Strong a** stuff! Energy and obliterates muscle soreness. HINT: Use it with hard work and before a run!

I was very happy with my purchase, and it was cheap! I agree... it's awesome before a workout. Also a great tool if you need a mental edge. Everything is clearer with rhodiola... for me anyway.

Rhodiola 1 week 6 days ago #21484

• Area1255
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
Jasmin wrote:
Area1255 wrote:

I was very happy with my purchase, and it was cheap! I agree... it's awesome before a workout. Also a great tool if you need a mental edge. Everything is clearer with rhodiola... for me anyway.
Which brand did you get?

Rhodiola 1 week 6 days ago #21486

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kratom Goes On.
  • Thank you received: 1020
I can Vouch for Meridian Botanicals. They have Quality Products. I am going to make an Order with them soon for a few Herbs. I am very interested in Rhodiola Rosea.
If anybody has any Questions about Kratom please private message me & I will be glad to answer as soon as I can.

Rhodiola 1 week 4 days ago #21494

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
Area1255 wrote:
Which brand did you get?

Bulk Supplements on Amazon. It might not be the best for everyone, but I seem to be sensitive to rhodiola, so it works perfectly for me. I also find using the smallest amount produces the greatest effects. If I take a bit too much I don't notice a thing.

madmaxnightrider - I have a Meridian Botanicals order on the way... :) I hope something I ordered works well on my kratom break days. :) I also got some schizandra from a different place. It's not as strong as rhodiola, but effects me similarly. I thought it potentiated kratom at first, but after further tests I'm not so sure. Some web searches showed that I wasn't the only one to think it did something. I haven't tried rhodiola and schizandra together yet. It's supposed to be a great combo. I'm taking a break from rhodiola so as not to develop a tolerance. It sucks that everything that helps me has a tolerance issue. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh, Marie C
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds