08 Dec 2012
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND...
A few months ago we asked some of the Approved Vendors to offer some discounts to our community. A lot of them graciously did. We have been asked to bring those discounts back. The following vendors would like to share the love for this forum with you. I know we all appreciate it.
Read More...
We realize that there are hundreds of amazing health and wellness topics. This is the section to talk about them.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: My Alcohol Problem

My Alcohol Problem 6 months 3 weeks ago #26194

  • rainmaker
  • rainmaker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 5
  • Thank you received: 10
I have a fairly serious problem with alcohol. I want to quit but the anxiety and cravings are too much for me. I just give in to the cravings.

Could anyone on this forum that has used kratom successfully for quitting alcohol; please describe how you used the kratom to kick the habit.

I at the end of my rope, not that I'm going to kill myself or anything. It's just that I feel I'm going to give up and accept that I'll never be able to quit booze.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, roadieratonga

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My Alcohol Problem 6 months 3 weeks ago #26199

  • Thefrogshateme
  • Thefrogshateme's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 454
  • Karma: 11
  • Thank you received: 554
I would start by enrolling in detox for two weeks. They'll give you lots of benzos for you not to withdrawal. Then have kratom available for after.
I have been through it. Now I would much rather have kratom.
If you want to skip detox and risk a withdrawal take 2-3 grams in the morning and see how you feel. I wouldn't do that though. Because your erge to drink will be strong and you willpower will be weak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, roadieratonga, Teeswaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Thefrogshateme.

My Alcohol Problem 6 months 3 weeks ago #26201

  • Thefrogshateme
  • Thefrogshateme's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 454
  • Karma: 11
  • Thank you received: 554
Btw it took me a month after I said I need help to actually get help. I was scared, nervous, anxious, but after day 3 of detox you're going to feel like a different person. Trust me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My Alcohol Problem 6 months 3 weeks ago #26221

  • bomalley
  • bomalley's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1638
  • Karma: 38
  • Thank you received: 2871
OK this is going to sound out there BUT I found changing my diet REALLY helped with alcohol cravings.
I am convinced a lot of alcohol cravings come from problems regulating blood sugar.

I started eating according to my blood type...within three weeks all alcohol cravings were gone.

Some people do well by getting yeast in the body under control. An overgrowth of yeast can also cause alcohol cravings.
www.alternatives-for-alcoholism.com/candida-and-alcoholism.html

No matter what route you choose to stop, you will want some strategies to stay sober and not have cravings, so these are just some things to think about.

Kratom use I think will be useful for energy, sedation and mood regulation.

BTW...kudos to you for reaching out. Evey journey starts with a single step.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Kitsune, Teeswaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
Last edit: by bomalley.

My Alcohol Problem 6 months 3 weeks ago #26225

  • rainmaker
  • rainmaker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 5
  • Thank you received: 10

bomalley wrote: OK this is going to sound out there BUT I found changing my diet REALLY helped with alcohol cravings.
I am convinced a lot of alcohol cravings come from problems regulating blood sugar.

I started eating according to my blood type...within three weeks all alcohol cravings were gone.

Some people do well by getting yeast in the body under control. An overgrowth of yeast can also cause alcohol cravings.
www.alternatives-for-alcoholism.com/candida-and-alcoholism.html

No matter what route you choose to stop, you will want some strategies to stay sober and not have cravings, so these are just some things to think about.

Kratom use I think will be useful for energy, sedation and mood regulation.

BTW...kudos to you for reaching out. Evey journey starts with a single step.


@bomalley, Thanks for your reply. I know my blood glucose is good, I check it with a meter.

The candida link is very interesting. This is something I have to research.

Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, bomalley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by rainmaker.

My Alcohol Problem 6 months 3 weeks ago #26228

  • Laurie
  • Laurie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Posts: 2883
  • Karma: 66
  • Thank you received: 2321
Welcome to the best Kratom forum ever, rainmaker.

I didn’t start kratom to quit my alcoholism. I expected it to kill me along with every relative before me.

I stumbled upon kratom as a desperate search for pain relief. Not alcohol detox. What happened was profound for me.

But. These two do NOT mix well.

All I can say is, DO NOT TRY KRATOM if the cravings for alcohol are still too great. I tried helping another alcoholic with kratom and it backfired. He got violently ill and threw out my generous red vein gift because it made him violently ill when mixed with alcohol despite my instructions.

Only try this if you have ZERO CHANCE of getting your hands on a bottle of anything.

Kratom has the miraculous ability to make drugs and alcohol less attractive and rather silly. But you don’t get that result if you so much as touch booze.

The cravings will begin to dissipate immediately, but I’m familiar with the alcohol problem as a disease (I have it), and you MUST NOT MIX these. Nothing will be gained if they are used simultaneously. Be extremely careful. As a former problem drinker, I would sneak it and not even remember doing so. You gotta be careful not to try it when that is a remote possibility. Kratom WILL HELP if you can resist alcohol long enough to give it a try. Changed my life and I get my year AA chip later this month! After 40 years of booze.

Also, for the ride of 24 hours without booze, weed can be used to ease that anxiety! Weed mixes FINE with kratom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teeswaran, rainmaker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Laurie

My Alcohol Problem 6 months 3 weeks ago #26236

  • bomalley
  • bomalley's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1638
  • Karma: 38
  • Thank you received: 2871

Laurie wrote: Welcome to the best Kratom forum ever, rainmaker.

I didn’t start kratom to quit my alcoholism. I expected it to kill me along with every relative before me.

I stumbled upon kratom as a desperate search for pain relief. Not alcohol detox. What happened was profound for me.

But. These two do NOT mix well.

All I can say is, DO NOT TRY KRATOM if the cravings for alcohol are still too great. I tried helping another alcoholic with kratom and it backfired. He got violently ill and threw out my generous red vein gift because it made him violently ill when mixed with alcohol despite my instructions.

Only try this if you have ZERO CHANCE of getting your hands on a bottle of anything.

Kratom has the miraculous ability to make drugs and alcohol less attractive and rather silly. But you don’t get that result if you so much as touch booze.

The cravings will begin to dissipate immediately, but I’m familiar with the alcohol problem as a disease (I have it), and you MUST NOT MIX these. Nothing will be gained if they are used simultaneously. Be extremely careful. As a former problem drinker, I would sneak it and not even remember doing so. You gotta be careful not to try it when that is a remote possibility. Kratom WILL HELP if you can resist alcohol long enough to give it a try. Changed my life and I get my year AA chip later this month! After 40 years of booze.

Also, for the ride of 24 hours without booze, weed can be used to ease that anxiety! Weed mixes FINE with kratom.


JEEZ LUEEEZE! laurie..... and there is my 97 year old mother mixing her Kratom with a shot of gin bexause it makes her feel better!!!!

Sometimes her decision making capabilities make me VERY afraid! But she is not doing that any more after I explained how irresponsible it was.

and the adventure continues!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong

My Alcohol Problem 6 months 3 weeks ago #26239

  • rainmaker
  • rainmaker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 5
  • Thank you received: 10

Laurie wrote: Welcome to the best Kratom forum ever, rainmaker.

I didn’t start kratom to quit my alcoholism. I expected it to kill me along with every relative before me.

I stumbled upon kratom as a desperate search for pain relief. Not alcohol detox. What happened was profound for me.

But. These two do NOT mix well.

All I can say is, DO NOT TRY KRATOM if the cravings for alcohol are still too great. I tried helping another alcoholic with kratom and it backfired. He got violently ill and threw out my generous red vein gift because it made him violently ill when mixed with alcohol despite my instructions.

Only try this if you have ZERO CHANCE of getting your hands on a bottle of anything.

Kratom has the miraculous ability to make drugs and alcohol less attractive and rather silly. But you don’t get that result if you so much as touch booze.

The cravings will begin to dissipate immediately, but I’m familiar with the alcohol problem as a disease (I have it), and you MUST NOT MIX these. Nothing will be gained if they are used simultaneously. Be extremely careful. As a former problem drinker, I would sneak it and not even remember doing so. You gotta be careful not to try it when that is a remote possibility. Kratom WILL HELP if you can resist alcohol long enough to give it a try. Changed my life and I get my year AA chip later this month! After 40 years of booze.

Also, for the ride of 24 hours without booze, weed can be used to ease that anxiety! Weed mixes FINE with kratom.


Laurie, Thanks so much for your reply. I had eight years sober through AA and gave it up sometime in 2012. Since then I've had problems. I don't want to go back to AA but kudos to you with your AA program. Well done!

I have been mixing kratom with booze. So far, I haven't felt any sort of reaction with kratom. I've only been tossing about 3 grams. I think I need much higher amount to feel an anxiolytic effect. I had tried kava for anxiety but drank a god awful amount of that stuff and still felt nothing from it. I think I have a very high tolerance to these sorts of substances. Time will tell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by rainmaker.

My Alcohol Problem 6 months 3 weeks ago #26243

  • Laurie
  • Laurie's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Posts: 2883
  • Karma: 66
  • Thank you received: 2321
I knowww, BoMalley.

Mom went back to opiates. “Too bored” without them. LOL

I did tell her to keep the long winded excuses to herself. So “bored” was all I got. LOL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teeswaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Laurie
Last edit: by Laurie.

My Alcohol Problem 6 months 2 weeks ago #26598

  • Thefrogshateme
  • Thefrogshateme's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 454
  • Karma: 11
  • Thank you received: 554

rainmaker wrote: I have a fairly serious problem with alcohol. I want to quit but the anxiety and cravings are too much for me. I just give in to the cravings.

Could anyone on this forum that has used kratom successfully for quitting alcohol; please describe how you used the kratom to kick the habit.

I at the end of my rope, not that I'm going to kill myself or anything. It's just that I feel I'm going to give up and accept that I'll never be able to quit booze.

Hoes the transition been going?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds