Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This category is pretty self explanatory and covers any topic. Have fun, but keep it respectful.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Article:Kratom,an Addict’s Alternative-Is Found to Be Addictive Itself

Bookmark and Share

Article:Kratom,an Addict’s Alternative-Is Found to Be Addictive Itself 1 year 8 months ago #7081

• jasondeanh
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 74
Heres an article from the New York Times. Jan. 2nd 2016

What are your guys thoughts on this...

Kratom, an Addict’s Alternative, Is Found to Be Addictive Itself[/b]
www.nytimes.com/2016/01/03/us/kratom-an-...ive-itself.html?_r=0

I personally don't agree with the image they used. Looks like something you would get from your local drug dealer. Where are all the pretty pictures of Kratom :)
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by jasondeanh.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shaman737

Article:Kratom,an Addict’s Alternative-Is Found to Be Addictive Itself 1 year 8 months ago #7082

• lerellen
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 234
At least it was semi objective, but ended on a sour note, I thought.You'd think after our calamity with pot, our country would be reluctant to make outlaws of us. Well, I'm prepared for a life of crime if need be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jasondeanh, Shaman737, Jimmy Joe, Machikoneko

Article:Kratom,an Addict’s Alternative-Is Found to Be Addictive Itself 1 year 8 months ago #7083

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 411
Right on! Bring back the Mother Ships and the cigarette boats offloading bales of kratom off the pacific shores of the USA!

I think voters are agreeing with you about the expense and failure of previous prohibitions, but our leaders need to have their exuberance curbed.

I heard the writer has actually tried kratom tea twice, which I respect and his point is not to ban kratom but to warn addicts that kratom could be a problem for them. I think that is not clearly conveyed -- and misses the point, anyway. People with addictive tendencies need to learn self-control and avoid kratom if they won't do it right.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jasondeanh, Shaman737, Machikoneko

Article:Kratom,an Addict’s Alternative-Is Found to Be Addictive Itself 1 year 8 months ago #7085

• lerellen
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 234
I don't now what the ratio is, but on this forum there are many addicts/alcoholics whose lives have been restored with kratom. I have no confidence in the government in understanding the complexity of this issue. I think I may be turning into a libertarian!

Article:Kratom,an Addict’s Alternative-Is Found to Be Addictive Itself 1 year 8 months ago #7096

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kratom Goes On.
  • Thank you received: 1020
What they don't understand is that Kratom is the Safest choice for addicts to help them in Recovery. They don't understand all the Benefits of Kratom can be. The 4 States just go ahead & Ban it just because they think it could be addictive no research or nothing. That's the USA for you.

Would you rather be taking Kratom or Opiates? Hello Kratom! You just have to have some Self-Control & not take Too much. Just take the same dose & don't raise the dose. I have been taking the same Dosages for over 5 years. Just Recently I even Lowered them by 1 - 2 Grams per dose.

You know there is nothing else on Earth that I know of Like Kratom. They Should Test, Study & Research it way More & see what Benefits it can have. Until everybody understands what Kratom really is & what it can Really do why don't they just give it a Freakin' Chance instead of Banning it.
If anybody has any Questions about Kratom please private message me & I will be glad to answer as soon as I can.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by madmaxnightrider. Reason: Forgot To Add Something.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lerellen, Shaman737

Article:Kratom,an Addict’s Alternative-Is Found to Be Addictive Itself 1 year 8 months ago #7116

• MelVSox
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
I would rather live "addicted" to kratom than die addicted to vicodin.

For real.

I'm a full blown addict and the way I feel about kratom is not a single bit similar to the way I feel about pills. My relationship with kratom is respectful and healthy. It does not own me. It does not run my life. It does not make me sacrifice relationships and jobs and time and thousands of dollars a month for it.

I use it to stay alive. That article was so far off base in my opinion ... It also did a great job of once again stereotyping and portraying all addicts as idiots with zero self control or societal value .. As if bc I'm an addict I have no idea how to say "no" to anything.

I'm not happy with how kratom was portrayed and I'm not happy with how addicts were portrayed.

I'll be writing a letter when I've calmed down a but tonight .. Perhaps after I burned some red vein. Lol
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by MelVSox.

Article:Kratom,an Addict’s Alternative-Is Found to Be Addictive Itself 1 year 8 months ago #7119

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 411
I agree and we had a lot of internal discussion of it yesterday among the top AKA leaders and a mentor we all respect. I saw that article as a veiled sales pitch for the Rehab Industry and the way they handle bringing addicts off their drug of choice (and right onto another profitable drug or two). Or, there is the 12-Step method, which can be helpful, but I think kratom adds the missing link there.

The article also did a hatchet job on kratom for anyone interested. Is there a real danger of addiction to kratom? There's a real opportunity for addiction to just about anything, so why single out kratom? I reject this business of, "Be afraid of this. Be VERY afraid!" And, of course, we're supposed to rush into the Rehab expert's arms for protection!

No, I believe we need to find our own strength and be alert to keep from letting a substance start to detract from our experience of life.

P.S.: I banned that spammer who couldn't spell.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shaman737, MelVSox

Article:Kratom,an Addict’s Alternative-Is Found to Be Addictive Itself 1 year 8 months ago #7121

• MelVSox
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
It's absolutely a veiled push towards rehab. I cant understand this. I never believed that there was some kind of monopoly and pure money hungry scheme by big pharm.. Until kratom. I was never into pot and never thought legalizing it was Ok bc the one time I got high I was so worthless and scared and had panic attacks. I was HIGH. I was all for banning it or at least putting an age requirement on those purchasing it.

Kratom is sooooo different. I don't get "high." I don't understand how something that helps me more and gives me less feelings of mania and panick than most prescribed drugs I've had (hello Wellbutrin!!!) can be "banned" places.

Now, I'm 100% sure this is all about money and not about what's best for the public.. And I would have loved if the author had spoken to someone in recovery who takes kratom and whom it helps. Shockingly enough the author apparently didn't run into anyone who used it properly and to stay off drugs and better their lives. What a shock.....

Yet this forum alone is full of us. Lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmmkrAtom, Shaman737

Article:Kratom,an Addict’s Alternative-Is Found to Be Addictive Itself 1 year 8 months ago #7126

• Shaman737
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 137
I have to agree, the benefits of Kratom far outweigh any potential for harm. When I first tried Kratom back in September 2015, I was sceptical and didn't know what to expect. I was amazed, it was the FIRST time in my life I felt "normal" not high but normal. Unlike any drug I'd ever taken, this was what I can only describe as a subtle feeling of wellbeing that I'd never truly felt before.
But as usual, money collectors view this as a threat to their monopoly of keeping humanity chained and shackled to their pharmaceuticals and rehab centres.
Brian
Karma moves in two directions. If we act virtuously, the seed we plant will result in happiness. If we act non-virtuously, suffering results. -- Sakyong Mipham

It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society. — Jiddu Krisnamurti

Article:Kratom,an Addict’s Alternative-Is Found to Be Addictive Itself 1 year 8 months ago #7134

• KrayKray
  • Expert Boarder
  • Free The Tree
  • Thank you received: 47
This healing tree has helped many people. I can't stand these negative articles that people write about kratom. :angry:
(L) Revelation 22:2 And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. (L)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmmkrAtom
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh, Marie C
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds