Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This category is pretty self explanatory and covers any topic. Have fun, but keep it respectful.

TOPIC: Venting about the bashing the Media is doing!!!

Bookmark and Share

Venting about the bashing the Media is doing!!! 1 year 7 months ago #8670

• NW49ERSFAN
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 71
If you go to google and just type in Kratom and then click the "news" tab at the top of the page it shows these news article just from this month alone and just blasting Kratom. It just pisses me off so much because of how I know "me" as a patient of Kratom and along with all of you know how we would all be affected if the government were to rip this medicine away from us. In one article there is a sentence that says "Kratom users want to say that its just herbal and its just a leaf, well so is cocaine". When I read that I felt my face get beat red, I thought they are really willing to say anything.
Well I just needed to vent for a minute. Am I alone here, because it seems like more and more negative targets are hitting are medication. Take care for friends! Have a good day.

Justin (L)
NO PAIN,NO ANXIETY,YES KRATOM!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Venting about the bashing the Media is doing!!! 1 year 7 months ago #8671

• Juscaws
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 69
Your right.. to compare us to cocaine users is just Ludacris... granted there is nothing wrong with decocanized cocaine, as a matter of fact its a great coffee replacement....
COCAINE itself is processed and filtered with all sorts of chemicals and solvents, that's the difference.. I cant believe they would refer to us... we are a rare breed of beautiful people that live a holistic lifestyle....
how many people really spoon mouthfuls of plant matter into their mouths? really though?... we've got to fight together....
The following user(s) said Thank You: NW49ERSFAN, madmaxnightrider

Venting about the bashing the Media is doing!!! 1 year 7 months ago #8726

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kratom Goes On.
  • Thank you received: 1134
People need to do their Research because they have no idea what Kratom really is. They blast it for No Reason at all. They put it in the category with bath salts which is just not right at all. There are so many worse things out there than Kratom that is Legal. Look at alcohol & tobacco. Look at all the millions of people these deadly drugs have Killed & they are still Legal because of MAKING MONEY.

I just seen a show on synthetic drugs in the U.S. & there are over 400 synthetic drugs that the DEA has tested in the last year. There are Synthetic drugs out there that fatal because most come from China & they don't know how much of the drug is in each pill. All it takes is one time to get too much of the drug in a pill & you die. These are still Legal. The DEA tries to make them Illegal but the makers just change the molecular structure of the Synthetic drug & it's a little different than what's been made Illegal & they keep selling it. :huh:
If anybody has any Questions about Kratom please private message me & I will be glad to answer as soon as I can.

Venting about the bashing the Media is doing!!! 1 year 7 months ago #9444

• johnnybee22
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
I'm a little pissed I missed an "article/story" one of our local channels did, I forget which one I believe it was Channel 9 for us (My9 NYC). I heard the preview at the beginning of the newscast. Basically "There is a new "drug" making it's way to the streets being sold out of headshops and online stores... is it really a miracle "drug" that can cure pain, anxiety, and other ailments... or is it just as dangerous as K2?"

I didn't watch it because I would most likely want to slap the heck out of them if they compared it to K2 or Bath Salts, which is exactly what the government's angle is, and obviously they don't mind paying a few local networks here and there a bit of extra $$$ to perform a story negatively bashing Kratom. It's a joke, we all know it's 100% because the government and big pharm can't make the $$$ off it, just like marijuana.. only Kratom is even SAFER than marijuana IMO... and I am a huge supporter of "legalizing it". I mean, you are literally not even smoking anything when it comes to Kratom, there for 0 harm is being done to the lungs... which seems to be one of the top arguments versus marijuana, along with "it makes you stupid"... yeah alright, some of the most intelligent individuals I know smoke that I've grown up with, so it's just nonsense. Sure, some people can't handle their sh$t.. and that is what ruins it for others.

The movie Pineapple Express hits the nail right in the head... when Seth Rogan is calling the radio station... Marijuana helps with just about everything, makes stuff better, yeah yeah... but the dealing with the criminal aspect of obtaining it is awful, if it were legal honest happy people wouldn't be subjected to dealing with "criminals", more so also not get arrested and be marked as "criminals" as well. It's hilarious how the police do nothing regarding most marijuana dealers in our area, unless they hear they are selling other stuff as well.. which is both good and bad, but could be AVOIDED if they just legalized the damn stuff and taxed it. We would all still pay for it, we wouldn't have to perform shady deals with shady people, sorry but not everyone has a marijuana dealer they can trust and feel safe visiting... and you shouldn't have to worry about being friends with people who break the law.

But the media and government will smash everything they can't profit off of... it's awful because Kratom is and should stay legal, it kinda stinks you need to order it offline, and wait, but that's fine... and it's safe. Headshops will and are giving it a bad name, because they overcharge and market it the way they do... with little or 0 information about what they are selling...

Yeah, I get upset about the media and how they portray Kratom, it seems to only have been getting worse.. and I wonder why, probably because people like myself have saved hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars not having to go to the doctor and pharmacy as much. God forbid we were healthy and doing well without the care of our neighborhood pharmaceuticals!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KratomKing

Venting about the bashing the Media is doing!!! 9 months 3 weeks ago #15421

• KratomKing
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Doctors who are cautious warn against the similarities in the interaction between kratom and the brain's opiod receptors. Dependency is an issue for many people who may use kratom in an attempt to improve the experience of withdrawal from opiates.

But there are wayyyy too many benefits. I'm glad the DEA seems to be backing off. Does anyone know what the next real update will be? Or when we will have more information?

Venting about the bashing the Media is doing!!! 6 months 2 weeks ago #16709

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 778
It never ceases to amaze me that taking a drug that has only been tested on a few people in a few clinical trials is supposed to be safe, but ingesting a plant leaf that has been used by people for 1,000 of years is somehow dangerous?
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."
The following user(s) said Thank You: C.O.B, Usernametaken

Venting about the bashing the Media is doing!!! 6 months 2 weeks ago #16737

• Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
I search Google News everyday for Kratom related articles just to see if there are any new developments. So far, no news is good news. We still have a lot of the same jackasses running the DEA as we did back in August.

I'm also worried about Chris Christie being in charge of fighting the opioid crisis. He's referred to tax money from medical marijuana as "blood money". Let's hope he doesn't come after kratom, or even hear the word mentioned. He doesn't seem like the type of person that would do any investigative research to find out how beneficial this plant is to so many. The options for opioid addiction treatment in this country are ridiculous and I have little hope that that will change anytime soon with Christie in charge of finding solutions.

That said, I'm glad we have the AKA and I will continue to contribute to the cause.

Venting about the bashing the Media is doing!!! 6 months 2 weeks ago #16745

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 778
So far in Canada there has been nothing in the news about regulating Kratom, although vendors do have to specify that it is sold only for burning as incense or in candle making and it is not for ingestion.
But hey...sort of like a massage parlor eh? I mean where it goes from there is your own business.

Hopefully our government will be distracted by getting marijuana legalized and regulated and will leave Kratom alone.
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."

Venting about the bashing the Media is doing!!! 6 months 2 weeks ago #16750

• Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
I wish we could change the name "kratom" to something else. Speciosa tea, or Mitragyna leaf, or something with a more positive sounding name. I don't know what it is about the word kratom but it sounds like some type of explosive or some type of illness.
Moderators: kemppaulh, Marie C
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds