21 Nov 2018
Happy Thanksgiving from the I Love Kratom Community!

We wanted to post all the Black Friday Deals that our approved vendors have made us aware of. We have heard that there are a few vendors that are having a tough time staying stocked up. We are confident one of these vendors would love to help you until your vendor is all stocked up again!
Read More...
This category is pretty self explanatory and covers any topic. Have fun, but keep it respectful.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: My friends letter to the fda he wants shared

My friends letter to the fda he wants shared 1 year 3 weeks ago #22802

• C.O.B
  • C.O.B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Vendor
  • Vendor
  • Plants Not Pills
  • Thank you received: 530

• Notice: Undefined variable: config in /home/line0019/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle5/layouts/user/profile/default.php on line 139

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/line0019/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle5/layouts/user/profile/default.php on line 139
Dear FDA,

Hello, my name is Cody Myers. I am a disabled U.S. Army veteran who proudly served in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom. Currently, I’m pursuing a BS, followed by a PhD, in Biology/Ecology.

I was severely disabled while serving in the military and have a multitude of medical conditions that required physician treatment via opiate medications for years. First, the VA prescribed me opiates to cope with disability-induced chronic pain. After following my doctor’s instructions and taking these medications as directed for two years, I developed severe depression, insomnia, anxiety, a loss of personality, and a numbing of emotions, and a degenerative muscle condition.

Desperate for a remedy that didn’t involve killing my body with Doctor prescribed poisons, I began to research alternative treatments and discovered kratom. Within one month of starting kratom, I was entirely off all my prescribed medications. Now, a year and a half later, I have made a monumental comeback – my symptoms are greatly reduced and my medical issues across the board are far more manageable. I have regained muscle mass lost through the degenerative condition the medications resulted in, and I am no longer an empty shell of a person. These “FDA approved medications” are toxic to the human body, I know this firsthand, you know this, and everyone who has been prescribed them for a length of time knows this. Taking away good hearted, honest, and hardworking American’s right to treat their conditions in the way they find to be most helpful is a very malicious and ill willed endeavor. I urge you to look past corporate incentives, I am one of the many success stories with kratom, I am the walking, talking, and functioning testament to how false and blatantly incorrect the FDA’s statements regarding kratom are. We are everywhere, all walks of life and all geographical locations, we are contributing members of society and we accomplish great things despite our medical issues because we made a responsible and well thought out decision to walk away from toxic and life destroying medications and opted for a much more subtle and innocent means of treatment.

This is why I am appalled that the FDA has made such outlandish claims against this plant while continuing to promote and encourage the medications that nearly destroyed my life, and did destroy my quality of life. As a responsible adult, I implore the FDA to retract its inflammatory statements and allow those who have had horrific experiences with doctor-prescribed medications to address their symptoms in the way they deem the most helpful and least harmful.

After a year and a half of daily use, I have not experienced a single negative side effect from consuming kratom, which is neither dangerous, nor harmful, nor without medical benefits. I understand companies are unhappy with people quitting their medications and seeking out natural, less harmful treatments. It lessens those companies’ profit margins, such is life as they say in the Army. What I hope you understand, though, is that banning kratom will not give those companies back their lost revenues. Countless kratom users, including myself, have vowed that we will not, under any circumstances, return to pharmaceuticals should kratom be taken away from us. It is better to suffer immensely from medical issues than suffer immensely from the side effects of the drugs prescribed for those medical issues. These medications are unfathomably harmful, as innumerable testimonies show. It’s both unnerving and heartbreaking to realize that the FDA – an entity charged with safeguarding the health of all Americans – is doing the opposite by actively seeking to harm consumers of an innocuous plant.

There is no uproar from the FDA over the countless deaths caused each year by doctor-prescribed pharmaceuticals. There is no uproar over liver-damaging acetaminophen or the many other dangerous FDA-approved drugs that Americans consume regularly, there is no uproar regarding the damage to quality of life myself and many others suffered at the hands of doctors. I risked my life for this country. I lived through nightmares that you couldn’t examine, and I did it with an American flag on my sleeve, and I did it in the name of freedom. Which is why I’m very disappointed that those same freedoms are under attack by the FDA at this very moment.

I hope the FDA can realize the attack on this herb is baseless and unjust. Not a single kratom consumer is concerned with the financial success of Big Pharma, which markets poisons as cures and harms people daily. We only care about our quality of life, which this herb has improved drastically. To me, this is not just an attack on an herb. It’s an attack on my quality of life and the lives of all the hardworking Americans who realized that prescription medications were destroying them, even when taken as directed, it is an attack on and insult to the ability responsible adults have to make their own decisions like big boys and girls. I request the FDA retract their statement and allow citizens to address their health issues in the way that they see fit, and end this shameful war on natural remedies.

I am one of many kratom success stories. I am one of many voices telling you that kratom has no dangerous side effects. I should be free to live my life as a normal person again, despite my disabilities. I am a case study that debunks every false claim about this herb. #iamkratom

Respectfully,
Cody Myers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, holycow#1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We always provide top quality organic kratom at reasonable prices.
God bless and have a great day.
Www.Christophersorganicbotanicals.com

My friends letter to the fda he wants shared 1 year 3 weeks ago #22803

• holycow#1
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 371
Wow Chris your friend Cody wrote the most fantastic truthful and from his heart letter I have have ever read> I pray that this letter would be read by every Congress and Senate person who has a heart! holycow#1 =D>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, C.O.B

My friends letter to the fda he wants shared 1 year 3 weeks ago #22804

• C.O.B
  • C.O.B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Vendor
  • Vendor
  • Plants Not Pills
  • Thank you received: 530

• Notice: Undefined variable: config in /home/line0019/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle5/layouts/user/profile/default.php on line 139

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/line0019/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle5/layouts/user/profile/default.php on line 139
Please share it.
He wants it to get into the right hands
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, holycow#1

We always provide top quality organic kratom at reasonable prices.
God bless and have a great day.
Www.Christophersorganicbotanicals.com

My friends letter to the fda he wants shared 1 year 3 weeks ago #22805

• Tierra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Wonderful. I’d like a copy to share in my teaching people about the healing benefits of kratom. I’d appreciate learning the specifics of hiw you quit the drugs with kratom. What dose, type, frequency, anything else you did to detox from drugs. Finally would you now consider yourself ‘addicted’ to kratom. What dose do you take ongoing?

My friends letter to the fda he wants shared 1 year 3 weeks ago #22810

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3006

Tierra wrote: Finally would you now consider yourself ‘addicted’ to kratom. What dose do you take ongoing?

Glad you put 'addicted' in quotes. What I think you meant to write was...

"Would you consider yourself chemically dependent?"

If you are going to be teaching others about the healing benefits of Kratom you would be wise to fully understand that addiction and chemical dependency are not the same thing.

I posted more on this topic here...

www.ilovekratom.com/forum/kratom-discuss...tom-withdrawal#22177

I know it looks like I am on a mission to clarify these terms BUT there is such stigma around addiction I think it is wise for all of us to be using the terms correctly..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, holycow#1, Kitsune

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
Last edit: by bomalley.

My friends letter to the fda he wants shared 1 year 3 weeks ago #22811

• holycow#1
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 371
Bomalley you are correct I don't like the word addicted associated with kratom. I am not addicted to coffee but I had to give it up totally for a while around two years ago. It was by far more difficult to give up coffee than it was for me to stop using kratom for ten days while I was in London this summer. In fact the headache coming off the coffee was wicked. I didn't get a headache when I stopped using kratom after using it everyday for over a year. The PTSD and my arthritis pain however did come back. holycow#
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, bomalley

My friends letter to the fda he wants shared 1 year 3 weeks ago #22813

• Tierra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Thank you bomalley! excellent and clear distinction. But of course there is a point where a chemical dependency could take on some of the characteristics of an addiction don't you think?

My friends letter to the fda he wants shared 1 year 3 weeks ago #22815

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Tierra wrote: Thank you bomalley! excellent and clear distinction. But of course there is a point where a chemical dependency could take on some of the characteristics of an addiction don't you think?

Addiction is a pattern of behaviour so YEAH...if you continue to use the substance you are chemically dependent on, even though continued use has negative consequences in your life then, yes that would qualify as an addiction.

Addiction is not limited to substances though. Gambling, shopping, working, even sex can be addictive.

While chemical dependency on Kratom is possible, it has a very low addiction potential.

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
Last edit: by bomalley.

My friends letter to the fda he wants shared 1 year 3 weeks ago #22817

• roadieratonga
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 651
Putting it up on a couple of the reddit forums, sub forums since they are high traffic places.

Responses before I finished this text. Keep in mind Reddit can be like a middle school playground for some people. :blink: I have it files in my notes for future postings.

[score hidden] 10 minutes ago
The fda knows this. they all know this. the problem is they give not a single shit. It is hurting their wallets. the citizens of this country, the citizens that Mr. Myers fought for let me add, need to see these letters. they need publicized. so that the American people who are ignorant to the true facts can see for themselves, and understand just who this man really is. and who they are trusting with human lives.

1 point just now
That is the point of publicly sharing it

[score hidden] 8 minutes ago
Right on brother. I just tried to post my own story like this regarding different situations but it wont post for some reason. I feel like there may be more and more people sharing their stories regarding this plant soon.

“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.”
Last edit: by roadieratonga.

The birth of conspiracy theories 1 year 3 weeks ago #22820

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Legislation that infringes on individual rights and freedoms (under the guise of protecting the public) without sound scientific/research or evidence to back it up, is the fuel that drives conspiracy theories.

Human beings require logic to make sense of their world. Those who cannot make sense of WHY a specific law is being written will simply fabricate a reason that makes sense to them. One of the first questions they ask in seeking this rationale is WHO WILL BENEFIT by passing this legislation?

Since the legislation makes no sense as to public benefit, it seems rational to suspect that the people writing the law may benefit from it being enacted and hence a new conspiracy theory is born!

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds