Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This category is pretty self explanatory and covers any topic. Have fun, but keep it respectful.
  • Page:

TOPIC: My friends letter to the fda he wants shared

Bookmark and Share

The birth of conspiracy theories 3 weeks 5 days ago #22823

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 547
That's a very good way to look at it. The argument that they're "protecting the public" doesn't hold water when we consider that they approved the opioids that got the epidemic started on the excuse that "these have very low addiction potential". Yeah, right.

The FDA is not consistent. Herbs that don't kill at all, they want to ban; alcohol, which kills 88,000 per year is both addictive and deadly in excess -- and yet, it is our national drug! (Also FDA regulated.)

90 deaths a day from opioids and the FDA/DEA are wasting their time trying to promote a kratom ban? Keep the herb that is getting addicts OFF drugs out of this country? WHY?
;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, holycow#1, roadieratonga

The birth of conspiracy theories 3 weeks 4 days ago #22848

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 1184
Here’s another inspirational read for the liars:

thegoldwater.com/news/12397-Family-Pract...FDA-Regarding-Kratom
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: holycow#1, roadieratonga

My friends letter to the fda he wants shared 3 weeks 4 days ago #22856

• roadieratonga
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 278
My letter.
11/21/17
We need your help to fight the FDA and their negative info being released to the public.

My name is Aaron Holmsten,
I am a 40 year old meat cutter from Ely Minnesota.
I would like to express my concern and disagreement with the FDA's recent backlash against the botanical supplement popularly known as Kratom, (Mitragyna speciosa).

The FDA is stating that kratom is a dangerous substance and has no scientific backing concerning it's safety effects and use. Unfortunately this is very untrue.

This is a plant helping millions of people suffering chronic and acute mental and physical conditions that is also safely easing the nation's opiate epidemic problem naturally.

I discovered Kratom over a year ago.
As I stated in the beginning of this e-mail, I am a meat cutter in which involves a lot of repetitive heavy lifting, tugging, pulling and pushing. Not one of the people that work with me would be considered physically unscathed from such labor. Before I have had to eat Advil like it was going out of style. Rarely, I would acquire hydrocodone when my back would feel as it was on fire knowing going to the doctor would cost more money than it would help. I am not fond of the highly addictive prescription opioids. I have first hand experience with my mother wasting away from chronic pain and the side effects of these synthetic prescription opioids have. The source I would get these hydrocodones for myself told me about a natural supplement that is far less habit forming than opioids. After doing much research via the internet, forums, anecdotal stories, scientific articles, the American Kratom Association and Botanical Education Alliance, I found that Kratom had pretty much the same risks as cannabis without the high and was just as naturally occurring in nature.
Since Kratom, I have not taken any Advil, opiates or opiods except for when my wisdom teeth were extracted 4 months ago. The doctor only prescribed enough for a couple days in which I ran out. After going back in fear of dry socket due to such unmanageable pain they said I had no dry socket and my age was the reason for the slow healing. I was then asked if there was anything else I needed,,, I did not want to sound like a, “drug seeker”, so I simply said no and thanked them for there care. I would also like to point out that I made them aware of my kratom use before surgery. The anesthesiologist was familiar with this plant and was very inquiring and not demeaning toward me. In short he recommended that I abstain from kratom 72 hours before surgery. I had no withdrawals in my abstinence of this so called “addictive menace” after taking kratom daily for months before the procedure. I have had nothing but positive results with this plant, I even get out and do more of the physical activities that I used to enjoy in my youth. It has been a life changer and has help me be proactive in my life rather than the opposite that most medications and street drugs pay a person back with in only months of use.

I am aware that you are a busy man so I will try not to take to much more of your time. There are many things I would like to cover but I shall keep this short and to the point.
As you can see Mr. Franken we have a two fold problem in this country, one is the opioid epidemic and the other is corporate interest influencing the lives of the American people and our trusted (?) branches of government. There is absolutely no reason for the FDA to be treating a supplement such as kratom like it currently is. There is no reason that they should be ignoring the scientific papers and facts that are published in our United States Medical Directory, posted at the American Kratom association and the Botanical Education Alliance. There is no reason the FDA should be ignoring public comment and further more there is no reason they should ignore a proven safe alternative that brings the American people quality of life without the nasty side effects. I also would like to enjoy my personal freedom to use a safe alternative to pain management and quality of life that allows me to keep working with pain rather than against it. I truly wish I knew of this plant 10 years ago, my mother may still be with me to this day. Getting black market prescription opiods or street drugs is not the solution because if the FDA has there way and continues this reefer madness 2.0, this will continue. “Mitragyna speciosa is a product of use, not abuse.”

Thank you Mr. Franken for taking this time to hear me out and I seriously hope you will look into Kratom to help keep it available to the public for it's availability for further research. I also hope you will continue to serve us as our senator.
Sincerly,
_adress removed for this post-
If you have questions about Kratom, I seriously encourage you to please visit:
www.americankratom.org/ www.botanical-education.org/ and look at the ignored facts for yourself.
“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: holycow#1

The birth of conspiracy theories 3 weeks 4 days ago #22858

• roadieratonga
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 278
Laurie wrote:
Here’s another inspirational read for the liars:

thegoldwater.com/news/12397-Family-Pract...FDA-Regarding-Kratom

Yeah there is no excuse for ignorance, the information is everywhere. I have been reading the book from the BEA, how in the hell can they be missing this information? Do they really believe the american people are that gullible? :( Or the bigger question, do they really think we are that powerless?? I guess will find out.
“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.”
Last Edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by roadieratonga.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

The birth of conspiracy theories 3 weeks 4 days ago #22869

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 1184
We will find out, indeed. We’ll know if our country is COMPLETELY buried in corruption and monetary greed, or kratom will stay legal (including the states).
Laurie

My friends letter to the fda he wants shared 3 weeks 4 days ago #22874

• holycow#1
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 274
>:D We don’t know the what the outcome will be but the relentless fight for kratom has to be non-stop, thank you!!

The birth of conspiracy theories 3 weeks 4 days ago #22875

• holycow#1
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 274
>:D Doctors, police, fireman, lawyers, military, poliltians, clergy, bankers, stockbrokers, nurses, truck drivers, warehouse workers, mailpersons, school teachers, construction workers, butchers, etc. and those of all walks of life use kratom. Please let them know your living better because of of this leaf. Holycow#1
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh, Marie C
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds