21 Nov 2018
Happy Thanksgiving from the I Love Kratom Community!

We wanted to post all the Black Friday Deals that our approved vendors have made us aware of. We have heard that there are a few vendors that are having a tough time staying stocked up. We are confident one of these vendors would love to help you until your vendor is all stocked up again!
Read More...
This category is pretty self explanatory and covers any topic. Have fun, but keep it respectful.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Vermonts kratom law

Vermonts kratom law 10 months 2 weeks ago #24747

• joe
  • joe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
SO mad at some vendors they cant read the law. LIKE THE LAW SAYS ONLY 7HM is against the law but they have no problem with the plain leaf read the law or call the state house.Kratom in the leaf form is LEGAL. UPDATE 12/31/16: 7HM remains in the Emergency Drugs Ban, with no mention of Kratom, or clarifying the rule by specifying isolated 7HM or synthesized 7HM. However, it is on the record, in the minutes, that the whole leaf is not what they are looking for and that the state does not intent to go after the plant. That said, Major Kratom relocated to New Hampshire to avoid complications.

The Vermont Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules met Thursday, 0800, 1/24/13 at the Vermont State House. This was to be the final ruling on whether the alkaloid 7-Hydroxy-Mitragynine would remain on the list creating a gray area regarding the legality of Kratom in ground and simple tincture forms.

Clinical Herbalist, Justin Garner of Sweet Flag Medicinals in Brattleboro, VT and I, Bill Lockwood of Major Kratom testified as part of the agenda. The LCAR committee was very receptive of the testimony which:

Compared Kratom to Krypton, a designer drug (synthetic opiate) that used Kratom as a carrier/bulker to cut 0-DT - a more potent form of tramadol
Identified the many uses of Kratom by reading some customer testimonies. Thank you for sending those in. These were key in humanizing the issue, attaching the wellbeing of your families, etc
Noted the huge increase in opiate pain killer prescriptions, and the corresponding increases in deaths due to accidental overdose
Corrected some misinformation from the department of health
25g Kratom dose - that doesn't sound good
Banned in europe - actually sweden due to the Krypton deaths
Banned in indonesia - actually Thailand due to Act 2486 of 1943, to enforce Opiate taxes
The LCAR Chair suggested that the rule was unclear. Did a ban on 7HM mean a ban on Kratom in its natural state?
This was interesting, and ultimately it was decided that the threat was ultra-potent synthesized 7HM or isolated 7HM was the risk - after all this is a bath salts bill
The committee recommended that Kirk Kimball (Dept. Of Health Organic Chemistry Program Chief and Bessie Weiss (Dept. Health Legal Counsel) take another week to create language in the bill that specifically targets isolated and/or synthesized 7HM and not the whole Kratom leaf
Richard Marek, the Chair of the Committee, made it clear that the bill as it stood created a gray area for those that distribute and consume kratom - and that the practice of law creation didn't like gray areas. He suggested a gray that would make Justin and myself uncomfortable. It was left that the target was the 7HM in a form that could be abused and not the beneficial Kratom leaf
It seemed by the end of the meeting, the Committee was educated on the benefits of Kratom and that its typically cited drawbacks did not out weigh the benefits
Letters sent in to the Board of Health, Kirk/Bessie, should have (and may have) also gone to the LCAR committee. As a learning we see that the non-scientific parts of state government are more concerned with compassion and the human aspect; where as the Department of Health is concerned with safety and drawbacks as opposed to health as a whole.
Luckily the Dept. of Health also agrees that the threat of abuse is 7HM alone and that Kratom is not a threat in a non-enriched form. I have spoken to the state house and was told Kratom in the Leaf form is Legal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, catspaw1955

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vermonts kratom law 10 months 2 weeks ago #24749

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2553
I’m using a phone and therefore, cannot see the automatic date/time stamp. Is this fresh for Jan, 2018?
Sounds like a good result at the end of the day. Are you being refused product due to your geographic location? Is that the issue?
Thanks for posting, Joe.

Laurie

Vermonts kratom law 10 months 2 weeks ago #24757

• joe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes,have so few vendors mailing to Vermont. They need to be up to date with the law and explain the law not just say 7HM is banned so Kratom is,that is wrong if you read the law it say the leaf form of Kratom is legal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Vermonts kratom law 10 months 2 weeks ago #24760

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
Good thing you posted here, Joe! Could make all the difference for you! Who are you trying to order from?

Laurie

Vermonts kratom law 10 months 2 weeks ago #24762

• joe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Blue River just cut me off been with them for years and now no longer ships to Vermont.Looking for quality Vendor. Has anyone herd of Gaia Ethnobotanical

Vermonts kratom law 10 months 2 weeks ago #24764

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
There is a great list here of vetted vendors, Joe. Scroll up and tab over to VENDORS and see if any seasoned ILK approved vendors can be of help to you?

Laurie

Vermonts kratom law 10 months 2 weeks ago #24775

• catspaw1955
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 173
i use the kratom capsules, made with the powder from the leaf,,,,but would those be legal, where you are at, i am in oregon and they are doing a study here, thanks in advance .....catspaw1955

Vermonts kratom law 10 months 2 weeks ago #24781

• joe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Capsules are legal they have told me the leaf can be in powder form any leaf form is legal only the isolated form of 7HM remains in the Emergency Drugs Ban. I don't even think anyone sells 7HM by itself.

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds