07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
This category is pretty self explanatory and covers any topic. Have fun, but keep it respectful.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: More Government Overreach

More Government Overreach 5 months 1 day ago #41369

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1169
Good evening everyone! I hope everyone has a really nice and peaceful evening. Safe and secure and happy. I hope you start feeling better soon Laurie. I'm in a blue funk that comes at me in waves. I have great empathy with what you go through with your illness. I can't begin to imagine my depressions being translated to body pain! Bless your heart.

I'm sorry if I took my rant too far. I do not believe in sowing seeds of discontent involving this wonderful country that I have always called home. I hope I haven't given anyone who reads these forums the wrong idea about my person. If I did I ask for pardon. I do not like to openly, or in private, criticize the government. There are good people in government who ARE trying to do the right thing. They listen to their constituents and try to help. It's wrong that I paint with such a large brush the whole. There are exceptions to every rule. What Gottlieb did may be legal but it doesn't mean it's just. Or morally acceptable.

I love America. I love the American vision of what a person can make of their life. But there are some things that need to be addressed. If you can dream, I do, of America where the People are the largest and most important PAC. We the People need to be that PAC. And it shouldn't involve tons of money either. It should involve integrity and honesty from our elected officials. And our elected officials should expect the same honesty and integrity from the people whom they appoint to positions of power to the Federal agencies. That's my hope and dream.

Again I humbly ask for your pardon. I didn't mean to upset anyone. I'm not excusing myself. But I've been an open raw nerve lately and when I read about Pfizer and the article posted about E-Cigs my rubber band snapped.

Be blessed all!

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, LittleRosie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More Government Overreach 5 months 1 day ago #41371

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3989
Hey Robbie… From where I’m standing no apologies needed, I feel your frustration and I share and on that frustration as well, it’s absolutely ludicrous the things that go down with our government and the regulating agencies all supposedly for our well-being… Ha ha ha
Sorry you’re having a little bit of a blue spell, I can appreciate that… I’m prone to melancholy, grading definitely helps keep me busy and looking with some positive looking glass… I must’ve not seen that Laurie was having a tough time, thinking about both of you and Hope it gets better faster than not ..: I have much respect, appreciation and love for both of you…

Your little bro from another mo (L)

Side note:

Miss seeing u here Robie ... though I’ve been busy and haven’t been around as much I I’d like .... say what up to Twink ??!! B-) (L)

Taker easy my my friends
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie, LittleRosie

Last edit: by Somethingsacredgoinonhere.

More Government Overreach 5 months 1 day ago #41372

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1169
Thank you Little Brother. That's very gracious of you and I sure do appreciate it. This depression is from the antibiotics I had to do for my lungs. I really had no choice. Either antibiotics or the eternal "dirt nap". I'll eventually level out. I miss everyone here. I hereby say hello to everyone!! A nicer and more caring community I couldn't have asked for!

Be blessed in all things!!!

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, LittleRosie

More Government Overreach 5 months 1 day ago #41373

• Laurie
  • Laurie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8015
I can appreciate the apology because you stated my feelings precisely AND I’m also not NOT knot naught antigovernment.

Thank you for blowing off steam on my behalf! I feel much better with that load off! Haha!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Robie, LittleRosie

More Government Overreach 5 months 1 day ago #41374

• LittleRosie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 59
Robie, your rant was great as far as I am concerned. I share your feelings.
I love America too but it doesn't mean we can't have strong feelings about it when we see things we don't like or see big problems with the system. I love my kids but I know they aren't perfect and when they start heading down the wrong path, I tell them and try to correct their behavior.
Special interests and lobbies with too much money and power take away our voices. Sometimes their interests happen to coincide with our needs but they aren't doing it for us, they are doing it for themselves. Too often our well being and quality of life are compromised by their greed.
I appreciated what you said. It lets me know I am not alone with my opinions. :-bd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

More Government Overreach 5 months 4 hours ago #41391

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 1557

Laurie wrote: Great article. However. The Kratom Information and Resources group quoted primarily in this article is the same group we were warned about by the AKA a couple of months ago.

To summarize why the warning (not using professional AKA terminology): this group is a copycat group of the AKA. They claim to be offering the SAME SERVICES to the kratom community and are seeking donations FOR THE SAME REASONS and FROM THE SAME DONORS funding the AKA.

The concern is twofold. One, the AKA is already doing this work for members. This group is attempting to take those same donations to provide the same services, ultimately affording our community to appear DIVIDED. Where there is division, there is weakness to be used against us. There is not enough money for two activist groups doing the same work, yet.

I see absolutely nothing of concern besides the parties commenting in the article.

Laurie,
Thank you for reminding about this other group. I had forgotten all about them, even though it has been a relatively short time. My senility kicked in again. :ohmy:
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

More Government Overreach 5 months 3 hours ago #41392

• Laurie
  • Laurie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8015
You’re welcome, Don. No idea how I remembered! Haha!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Robie

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds