Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Information relating to the Kratom industry including news updates, articles, legal and so on.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Please, how about an update on legal status of Kratom

Bookmark and Share

Please, how about an update on legal status of Kratom 1 year 4 months ago #10130

• aimee
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Can any of you folks who are particularly "in the know" fill us in on any new political developments?

The last I'd heard, Kratom is safe in Florida. Any news on Alabama, or New York State?
Comfrey, my other favorite medicinal plant.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please, how about an update on legal status of Kratom 1 year 4 months ago #10131

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 378
I will post a blog later today on this subject -- a comprehensive, state-by-state update.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: madmaxnightrider, catface39

Please, how about an update on legal status of Kratom 1 year 4 months ago #10146

• OnlineKratom
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 70
Hey Aimee,

Check this site out, it's been updated consistently to the best of my knowledge :-bd

speciosa.org/kratom-legality-map/

-Adrian(@onlinekratom.com)
The following user(s) said Thank You: StarWarsForce, mystickratom

Please, how about an update on legal status of Kratom 1 year 4 months ago #10196

• kemppaulh
Hi, Aimee:

I got that update posted today. It is the top blog on www.ilovekratom.com Just scroll down the page, titled, "The Power of Kratom Supporters Working Together". Enjoy, it's generally good news, only lost Arkansas this year, so far, with a couple of states still uncertain (NY and AL).
;)

Please, how about an update on legal status of Kratom 1 year 4 months ago #10208

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kratom Goes On.
  • Thank you received: 969
Hey Michaels, How is Louisiana or Mississippi or any Nearby State Looking for Keeping Kratom Legal or Illegal? Have you heard anything about Kratom in Louisiana? I know they are doing Research on Mitragyna Speciosa (Kratom) at University Of Mississippi very promising! Thanks!
If anybody has any Questions about Kratom please private message me & I will be glad to answer as soon as I can.
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by madmaxnightrider. Reason: Revisions of Reply

Please, how about an update on legal status of Kratom 1 year 4 months ago #10225

• aimee
  • Gold Boarder
Good morning Paul,

Thanks for the informative update.

I've already emailed all the assembly members in NYS. Now it's time for me to phone my State Senator's office. It turns out she was a friend of mine in college. I don't think that part will matter, but she is known for being very in touch with her constituents.

We need everybody who benefits from this medicinal tree to speak out about its benefits.

Please, how about an update on legal status of Kratom 1 year 4 months ago #10226

• kemppaulh
Thank you, Aimee, for being so proactive! The AKA Action Alerts make it really easy, don't they -- all the addresses and phone numbers you need, a template for you to fill in and hit "Send".

Yes, we ALL do need to let the reps hear from us -- I doubt that most get read, BUT THE NUMBER OF RESPONSES PRO OR CON GET NOTED. So, we see from experience that they have an effect.

Face-to-face meetings are especially helpful, especially if this is YOUR rep from YOUR voting district!!! That's great that your state Senator was a friend in college!

Even if it's not your state, I mention that I have friends in the state that I'd like to visit (and not get arrested) or relatives that may need this plant. Tourism dollars are a very important consideration in the minds of state representatives. Write that into your template message and then it's just a matter of copy-and-paste. ;)
;)

Please, how about an update on legal status of Kratom 1 year 4 months ago #10227

• aimee
  • Gold Boarder
Oh, it was Senate first and then Assembly. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to phone my old drinkin' buddy anyway...

Please, how about an update on legal status of Kratom 1 year 4 months ago #10235

• kemppaulh
Yes, some of these bills start in the lower house and some being in the upper. Never hurts to invite her out for a cup of tea. ;)
;)

Please, how about an update on legal status of Kratom 1 year 4 months ago #10281

• msolis
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
I have only just started my experience with kratom maybe 4 weeks ago but it has changed my life.
I had previously fallen victim to the long drawn out pharmaceutical companies plan to treat patients for their own gain. I had 3 surgeries in an 8 month span for kidney stone related complications and had been treated for pain even long before that in the hope to get relief from it.
I don't blame anyone but myself for not being more aware of the long term effects of opiets, but doctors really need to do a better job of informing their patients of what may occur after prolonged use.
After I was finally over the hump and on the way to what I was hoping would be "getting back to normal", I came to a fast conclusion that I didn't feel normal at all! I felt worse than I ever had and that was the beginning of my nightmare.
I began doing anything I could to make sure I had more opiets so I wouldn't feel like I was. Finally, after realizing I couldn't continue like that and seeing how it was ruining my life and my family, I was then treated by another doctor who seemed genuinely concerned about what I was going through and ensured me he was going to get my life back and started me on suboxone. While it did get me off the pain meds and I was able to get back to a sustainable way of life. It only prolonged me getting healthy and prolonged the whole withdrawal and detox I would have to one day face.
So, a couple years later I felt like I was right back where it all began and had wasted so much of my life, money, and heartache and felt hopeless. Fed up with doctors and medication, I had enough and began doing a lot of research for a natural way to stop it all. That's when I read about kratom!
I ordered some and within a couple of hours began feeling better than I ever remember! And after a few days and with all the help I received from this forum and it's members I have finally broken the cycle and really feel kratom and all of you have saved my life. I am finally enjoying life and my family again without feeling chained to a pharmacy or a doctors office. Best of all, my wife and kids are happier than ever seeing the real me finally break out of the shell.

I say all this and I'm sorry it was so long and probably not in the appropriate place to stress how important it is that lawmakers and lobbyists don't get their way by feeling like they need to have a say on whether or not kratom should be legal without even knowing what they are doing. It doesn't appear that enough research has been done to make a say one way or the other regarding kratom and it's legal status. I saw on speciosa.org that there are only 1,756 signatures on the petition. Are there really only that many people ready to fight for this plant? I just can't believe that with all the things I read online and all the positive stories out there. What can someone like me do to contribute to stopping the political nonsense revolving around this?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sorry again for the rant...just felt like I needed to get this out there. We need to all work together somehow to keep the uninformed from destroying so many people's chance of getting their own lives back! :)
You get out what you put in....
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by msolis. Reason: typing error
  • Page:
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds