21 Nov 2018
Happy Thanksgiving from the I Love Kratom Community!

We wanted to post all the Black Friday Deals that our approved vendors have made us aware of. We have heard that there are a few vendors that are having a tough time staying stocked up. We are confident one of these vendors would love to help you until your vendor is all stocked up again!
Read More...
Information relating to the Kratom industry including news updates, articles, legal and so on.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Bill passed

Bill passed 3 months 21 hours ago #31016

• Debbie329
  • Debbie329's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Hello,

I just wanted to let everyone know that HB6, regarding opioids passed. This may mean that Kratom is now banned in the U.S. This bill also contained language to prevent Medicare from paying for any withdrawal treatment for those who need help. Guys, I'm not worried about me anymore. Medicare also won't pay for any medicines for withdrawal. This bill allows The Attorney General to ban any substance he or she wants. I don't think we can get Kratom anymore. I think the passage of this bill bans it. If I have interpreted the ruling incorrectly, please tell me.

Thanks
Debbir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bill passed 3 months 14 hours ago #31020

• Ripley78
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I don't think so...if kratom were banned my inbox would be overflowing with lots of people screaming bloody hell...so I stopped by the AKA just to see if they had any info and there is nothing. Next stop? Philly kratom on youtube. He stays in the know. Many times lately people think it is about to be banned but with the AKA working and lobbying in DC, they know more about the odds then most. I suggest stopping by their forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Laurie, Dragonfighter

Bill passed 3 months 14 hours ago #31021

• Ripley78
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Found this: New email from Kratom Trade Association
The Opioid Crisis Response Act of 2018 (S. 2680), the Senate’s version of H.R. 6, the Support for Patients and Communities Act, has been finalized and is expected to be brought for a vote this week. This legislation is intended “to provide for opioid use disorder prevention, recovery, and treatment, and for other purposes.”
Through the concentrated and effective efforts by several Kratom advocacy groups including the Kratom Trade Association engaging and educating legislators, the Kratom community has successfully prevented language that would have allowed the DEA to schedule Kratom from being included in the bill.
Specifically, the legislation does not contain any provisions that restrict Kratom consumption or use, nor does it contain any reference to Kratom or botanical substances. This is a significant win for the Kratom community, and it is all thanks to the tireless efforts of Kratom advocates and cooperation among our fellow Kratom organizations. While we must remain vigilant, the Kratom community has proven that we can make a difference in preserving the legality of this natural option for managing health and wellbeing.
KTA continues to monitor federal, state and local legislation and ordinances that would restrict Kratom, to educate decision makers about the benefits of Kratom and dispel misconceptions, and to develop reasonable regulations based on science and safety that will preserve safe and responsible Kratom consumption for millions of Americans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, GOLDA55, C.O.B, wxfreqrs, CrayDumb

Bill passed 3 months 14 hours ago #31022

• Ripley78
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
And this: hown Here:
Introduced in House (01/03/2017)
Substance Use-Disorder Prevention that Promotes Opioid Recovery and Treatment for Patients and Communities Act or the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act

This bill makes several changes to state Medicaid programs to address opioid and substance use disorders. Specifically, the bill:

modifies provisions related to coverage for juvenile inmates and former foster care youth,
establishes a demonstration project to increase provider treatment capacity for substance use disorders,
requires the establishment of drug management programs for at-risk beneficiaries,
establishes drug review and utilization requirements,
extends the enhanced federal matching rate for expenditures regarding substance use disorder health home services, and
temporarily requires coverage of medication-assisted treatment.
The bill also alters Medicare requirements to address opioid use. Specifically, the bill:

exempts substance use disorder telehealth services from specified requirements,
requires the initial examination for new enrollees to include an opioid use disorder screening,
modifies provisions regarding electronic prescriptions and post-surgical pain management,
requires prescription drug plan sponsors to establish drug management programs for at-risk beneficiaries, and
requires coverage for services provided by certified opioid treatment programs.
The bill also addresses other opioid-related issues. Specifically, the bill:

establishes and expands programs to support increased detection and monitoring of fentanyl and other synthetic opioids, and
increases the maximum number of patients that health care practitioners may initially treat with medication-assisted treatment (i.e., under a buprenorphine waiver).
Additionally, the bill temporarily eliminates the enhanced federal matching rate for Medicaid expenditures regarding specified medical services provided by certain managed care organizations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Bill passed 3 months 13 hours ago #31023

• Ripley78
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I think the language is confusing. Refusing treatment to medicare patients for the ' opiate crisis' made little sense to me. It's easy to feel some panic when you've found something to relieve your physical and mental pain, and then feel it is threatened. I saw my pain management doc yesterday and she is of course aware that I am trying to reduce my medication ( and have by half so far) so would have found it remiss for her to not have mentioned the fact of medicare not supporting patients trying to withdraw from pain medication. She did not, even though I don't use subs or methadone ( and don't plan to) it seems if that were true she would have known and said something about it just because she knows I am on my way to total W/D. ( with the help of kratom of course)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Bill passed 3 months 12 hours ago #31024

• Debbie329
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok,

Yes, the language is confusing. I found that the DEA originally took Kratom out of the bill but then they put it back. The concern with this bill is SITSA which I have found was a part of it. And on the news (which I don't believe half the time). They said that Medicare would no longer cover withdrawal programs. Hey, it's government insurance, so would I be surprised, well, no, but, do I believe them? No. I have subscribed to the American Kratom Association site. Surely my box would also be running over with mail from them containing the announcement. However, those of us in TN are not out of the woods yet. There is more legislation to be heard in TN that if passed would ban Kratom in TN. Even the local lyers who tend to spin the truth tend to say it will pass. For those who care, e cigs are moving towards being banned because there are too many kids and parents who can't control what they do, vaping in school. Now, ban vapors, I don't care, I will just smoke instead. Seems one is as bad as the other. Even the local lyers who spin the truth said the rules regarding Kratom in TN were at best, confusing. So, I'm confused. If there is a true ban on Kratom, I expect to get the news from the AKA, and this forum. If I hear nothing, then it has not been banned.

Thanks guys
Debbie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Ripley78

Bill passed 3 months 12 hours ago #31025

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 853
Debbie329, You are either misreading this bill -- or you are reading an older version. If what you were saying is true, we would have heard about it from an authoritative source, such as the AKA.

Even IF such a bill had passed the House, it would also need to pass the Senate and then be signed into law, which hasn't happened. The AKA would spring into action through the courts to prevent implementation of such a law.

Please don't spread inaccurate information. The AKA has an excellent lobbyist watching every aspect of this lawmaking process. The most recent review they published was that anything dangerous to kratom was stripped out of the HB6 and left to be argued when SITSA comes before Congress in a month or two.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, GOLDA55, LilyRosemary, C.O.B, Insense1, Ripley78

;)

Bill passed 3 months 11 hours ago #31028

• Debbie329
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm not trying to. I subscribed to speciosa.org tonic, and AKA. I would have e mails running over in my box of any of this were true. All I'm saying is for those in TN there is a bill coming up for a vote, I don't know when to again ban this substance. The laws in TN are confusing, at the least. But we can celebrate the non ban as a victory for us and move on. The local news I don't watch because they spin the truth and increase the confusion. Thank you for clarifying what I heard from them last night. Let's keep it legal! Kratom has helped my depression, eliminates my restless legs, and my back pain. I sleep through the night which I never have. I take about 10 grams a day and started about 3 weeks ago. So, I'm new to this. I like Kratom too and want it to remain legal in all states. I'd even like to see the states that have banned it, legalize it. However, thankcGod it is still legal and thank you for clarifying my misinformation. I will not post any language about any ban unless I get it from the AKA.

Thank you,
Debbie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Ripley78

Bill passed 2 months 4 weeks ago #31052

• Ripley78
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Deb, Yes I agree it is unnerving with the extreme 'state to state' situation. For me being in California is also surprisingly sketchy since it was banned in San Diego by a politician who clearly knew zilch about kratom. Thankfully I am not in that district but when I first found kratom and was ecstatic to find something that actually worked for my pain And the W/D that comes with being prescribed morphine for the past 10 years, I was pretty apprehensive having seen the quality and price difference between OTC and good online vendors. In other words I was unsure weather or not I could buy it online because of the ban in San Diego. I've had no probs and have written extensive letters to my reps in CA. I did receive a lengthy reply from Dianne Fienstien (sp?)but she never mentioned kratom. Only that patients have rights and she was working to see that con't despite the crisis. That was only a small part of the letters I wrote her, but unfortunately it was what she chose to focus on rather then my inquiry about regulating kratom and following the science. I will con't to write and call reps here in CA and obviously hope you will too in your state. Peace. =D>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds