07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Information relating to the Kratom industry including news updates, articles, legal and so on.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: NEW Abstract Study by Dr Henningfield

NEW Abstract Study by Dr Henningfield 1 month 1 week ago #41305

• Laurie
  • Laurie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 6208
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, GOLDA55, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Robie, Babel-17, LittleRosie, CraigJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NEW Abstract Study by Dr Henningfield 1 month 1 week ago #41311

• CraigJ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
Thank you for sharing this article. It’s a quick read with solid substance from a reputable website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Robie, LittleRosie

NEW Abstract Study by Dr Henningfield 1 month 1 week ago #41314

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2645
Laurie ...Here’s somthing to add to your post....
It’s kind of heady ... but fascinating none the less ... I only can grasp some of this info ....

Hope some members can break it down better than my simple mind can !!!!!

pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acscentsci.9b00...e&utm_medium=ios_app
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie, LittleRosie

NEW Abstract Study by Dr Henningfield 1 month 1 week ago #41317

• Babel-17
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 370
www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/ab...619301966?via%3Dihub

Abstract
Background

Kratom is a South Eastern Asian tree whose leaves are used to make tea-like brews or swallowed in powdered form for various health and well-being reasons including to relieve pain and opioid withdrawal. It is important to learn more about the potential public health impact of kratom in the context of the opioid epidemic.
Methods

An anonymous online survey of kratom users (2867 current users and 157 former users) was conducted in September 2017 through the American Kratom Association and associated social media sites.
Results

Kratom was used primarily to relieve pain (endorsed by 48% of respondents), for anxiety, PTSD, or depression (22%), to increase energy or focus (10%) and to help cut down on opioid use and/or relieve withdrawal (10%). Over 90% of respondents who used it in place of opioids indicated that it was helpful to relieve pain, reduce opioid use, and relieve withdrawal. The reported incidence of bad adverse reactions was 13%, and reactions were overwhelmingly mild and self-managed.
Conclusions

Respondents reported using kratom for conditions which often require use of opioids, including pain and reduction of opioid use. The high self-reported efficacy and low incidence of adverse reactions associated with kratom use suggest that it may provide a potential alternative to opioids for some persons even though it has not been evaluated in multi-center clinical trials or approved for any therapeutic purpose. Further study of kratom, including systematic characterization of its safety and efficacy for various conditions is warranted.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie, LittleRosie

NEW Abstract Study by Dr Henningfield 1 month 1 week ago #41326

• LittleRosie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 59

Somethingsacredgoinonhere wrote: Laurie ...Here’s somthing to add to your post....
It’s kind of heady ... but fascinating none the less ... I only can grasp some of this info ....

Hope some members can break it down better than my simple mind can !!!!!

pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acscentsci.9b00...e&utm_medium=ios_app

Interesting! It goes kinda deep into science but overall I took from it that kratom metabolizes differently in our bodies, the best way to take it is orally and it has enough promising features as an analgesic as opposed to opioids that it is worth future studies. I am glad it is being studied I just get a little concerned that big pharma will try to get hold of it and convince the FDA to make it illegal so they can profit from it instead by turning into a pill. I know I sound jaded but I have been through the pain management gauntlet and the opioid rollercoaster for so many years that I have little faith in the honesty and fairness of drug manufacturers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

NEW Abstract Study by Dr Henningfield 1 month 1 week ago #41348

• Laurie
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
You have absolutely nailed it on the head, Rosie.

I cannot prove it, but the FDA has told the politicians in Indonesia to stop growing and exporting such a “dangerous crop” all the while, Pfizer is trying to patent the key alkaloid (which in itself is worthless except then they can stop others from selling their patented product). They are much more devious and willing to sacrifice pain relief for ALL until THEY MAKE IT FOR US SHEEPLE.

It’s a sick world.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Robie, Babel-17, LittleRosie

NEW Abstract Study by Dr Henningfield 1 month 1 week ago #41350

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 969
Sheeple.... Sheeple who need, Sheeple. are the Luckiest Sheeple, in the world :woohoo: :silly:

I couldn't help myself. I always find ways to edit song lyrics for a potential laugh. :lol:
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Laurie, Robie, LittleRosie

NEW Abstract Study by Dr Henningfield 1 month 1 week ago #41367

• Laurie
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
Happy Friday to you and Liz!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Robie

NEW Abstract Study by Dr Henningfield 1 month 1 week ago #41376

• LittleRosie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 59

Laurie wrote: You have absolutely nailed it on the head, Rosie.

I cannot prove it, but the FDA has told the politicians in Indonesia to stop growing and exporting such a “dangerous crop” all the while, Pfizer is trying to patent the key alkaloid (which in itself is worthless except then they can stop others from selling their patented product). They are much more devious and willing to sacrifice pain relief for ALL until THEY MAKE IT FOR US SHEEPLE. It’s a sick world.

Sounds about right. My brother used to work for Big Pharma and he told me some things about how they push medications on physicians with the goal of rewarding them for prescribing certain medications over others. They push for their meds to become the hot new thing so they can keep profiting. They will sponsor "trials" and put their thumbs on the scale to get the result they want. They do this against herbal medicines and so forth, then the media reports it and the public gets their wrong idea about stuff like kratom. Nowhere in their plan is doing what is best for us. They want medications to work simply so they can make money off it, not because it improves our lives. I am not saying EVERYONE is like that but a good portion of them are.
They LIED about opioids being addictive. So now that that profit stream has been compromised by the truth, they have to scramble around to find things to replace them. Some of the CEOs should be on trial for the destruction they have caused. People have lost everything and their lives because of them. :angry:

I believe this is an orchestrated effort to demonize kratom because it is effective so they can monopolize on the market. I also think they are behind pushing governments to ban it for that same reason. They bully smaller countries until they comply. I believe if we were able to peel the layers back we would see this is all really about.
I am not a big conspiracy theorist but this too blatant to be ignored.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

NEW Abstract Study by Dr Henningfield 1 month 1 week ago #41385

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2645
LittleRosie.

I’m so happy you are part of this family here , thank you

I too see clearly what their lame duck maneuvers are,

it’s beyond wrong ,

what they ( pharmy gov) have done and are doing is hard to comprehend... that at the cost of what’s best for us, they endeavor for more power and riches .... for absolute control

I pray that we come out of this with somthing called free will , freedom to chooses a better way !!!
Through Love, Wisdom and Community.... we are a force to reckon with and can manifest great things
..!! (L) !!..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds