07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Information relating to the Kratom industry including news updates, articles, legal and so on.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Kratom seizures

Kratom seizures 5 months 3 days ago #43611

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1792

Laurie wrote: Interesting dilemma because I’ve noticed some of my favorite product kinda act “magnetic” on my steel spoon. I’ve noticed fresher product can do that. After it sits for a while, same stuff no longer does that. Hmmm :-?

Organic Chlorella/any Chlorella will do that as well. Also, if there's a difference in temperature between the two and the air is moist you could get condensation when they come in contact, and that too can cause some stickiness.

It's that binding affinity that makes Chlorella good for detoxing. Ditto that for Cilantro. And that's also why you don't want them grown/cultured in soil/water that's contaminated with heavy metals, because they'll take them along.

If Kratom binds to your spoon I think it's because it's acting like Chlorella, and not because it has magnetized metal in it.

Edit: And if Kratom is at all like Chlorella in this regard, then buying from someone who isn't harvesting from a contaminated soil, or where contaminated water was used, is friggin' paramount.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Babel-17.

Kratom seizures 5 months 3 days ago #43629

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight For Kratom! Don't Let Them Win!
  • Thank you received: 4071
I've also noticed that Laurie. A few times the Fresher Products tend to have a Magnetic thing going on. Like the Powder has a Bad Hair day & some of it Sticks Out. Very Strange. Might be good to keep a Magnet to Test the Kratom if you buy Directly from the Source from Indonesia just to see if some of it sticks to the Magnet might mean that that are Metal Shavings in the Powder. I know that most all US Vendors Test for that Stuff. That's why we don't have to Worry about stuff like that because they go through all of that Trouble so we don't have to. I Can Understand why the Prices have been going up over the Past Year.
If anybody has any Questions about Kratom please private message me or make a Post & I will be glad to answer as soon as I can usually within 24 hours if not sooner. I'm usually on really late at night Between Midnight & 5am.

Kratom seizures 5 months 1 day ago #43677

• herbaldom
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
We thought for a long time kratom was "naturally magnetic" based off all the reviews people had of stirring with a spoon and it standing up. All we could do was pick up dust with regular store bought magnets, that even when washed off, didn't show any metal powder. It wasn't until we ran about 80KG of a supplier we had never tried before through a magnet tunnel and washed the magnet off (It just looks like dust until you wash it off), that we found the metallic powder. We sold that stuff for extract at cost, but believe that this is the next scandal to hit the kratom market. If anyone knows a doctor or health expert they could ask, I'd love to know if swallowing steel/iron dust powder has any longterm health complications. I do not put much faith in Indos to maintain their grinders.

Kratom seizures 5 months 1 day ago #43678

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4871
For a while now I’ve thought about this as a possibility for heavy metal contamination.... the grinder !!!! Yeah next scandal for sure ... easy to fix with proper incentive... actual customers who will buy their product ... I hope that our vendors are checking for this .... I think a crucial step worth taking , very smart maneuver with a magnet tunnel!! Thx Herbaldom...

Kratom seizures 5 months 23 hours ago #43681

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight For Kratom! Don't Let Them Win!
  • Thank you received: 4071
That would be the Only thing that I would Worry about when Ordering from an Indonesian Supplier, Indonesian Vendor or a US Vendor that doesn't Test their Kratom. Thoses Indos don't have the FDA to Keep their Places Clean where they Process the Kratom. That's the Only thing I worry about but if a US Vendor does all the Test on their Kratom & they come up Clean then I would Trust that the Product is Clean of Contaminants.

Magnet Tunnel is Genius & would Take Care of that Problem is there is a Problem.
If anybody has any Questions about Kratom please private message me or make a Post & I will be glad to answer as soon as I can usually within 24 hours if not sooner. I'm usually on really late at night Between Midnight & 5am.

Last edit: by madmaxnightrider.

Kratom seizures 5 months 17 hours ago #43688

• herbaldom
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I get crickets when I ask other vendors about it on private vendor chats. There is one vendor that supposedly used a metal detector, but the way he was doing it, wouldn't work to catch extra metal unless there was a wrench in the powder, which you would find anyway when filling. We use a metal detector s well and put everything that doesn't test in a normal range to the side. This does not show up on standard heavy metal testing panels either, which is why I have been concerned about it. Heavy metals panels test for 4 or 5 metals only in supplements.

Last edit: by herbaldom.

Kratom seizures 5 months 17 hours ago #43689

• herbaldom
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Obviously it's not ideal to consume metal powder, but it may be benign and not even an issue and just pass through our system, but it's still something I was concerned about. Especially since Heavy metal panels weren't picking it up.

Kratom seizures 5 months 17 hours ago #43690

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8193
The eff dee yay has accused this industry of having “probable, or possible” heavy metals before.

Here’s a thread that seriously accuses multiple vendors of poisoning a woman with pesticides! She STILL won’t reply to me on follow-up to see how she is 1) still alive and 2) doing

The kratom industry jumped into self regulation by meeting GMP standards JUST IN TIME! Not to minimize the discussion being heavy metal and how it may hurt us in the long term:

www.ilovekratom.com/kratom-forum/introdu...cides?start=30#42610
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

Last edit: by Laurie.

Kratom seizures 5 months 16 hours ago #43691

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8193
I’m surprised about the crickets. Interesting.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

Kratom seizures 5 months 15 hours ago #43696

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 1783
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds