07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Information relating to the Kratom industry including news updates, articles, legal and so on.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: NEW FDA COMMISSIONER (likely)

NEW FDA COMMISSIONER (likely) 3 months 1 week ago #45267

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 360
All politicl drama aside, I truly hope no one will mess with Kratom. It seems there are so many of us who benefit from it, at least that is how it appears to me. Still, I can't help but worry. Big Pharma has a stake in the Kratom issue, and also those who think it is their dury to save us from ourselves and want to take away anything that might conceivably give anyone pleasure.

I worry when I hear about people abusing the leaf as a way to get high. And I hate when I see someone on youtube whining about how awful their withdrawal from Kratom is. I just went three days without Kratom and as far as withdrawal, nothing, nada zilch. I had a cup of coffee in the morning to wake up. Needed to take more diclofenic and ibupfophen for back pain, but that was it.

I think there is a lot of psychology in the withdrawal reports. Still, that stuff will influence legislators in a negative way.

I have dealt with FDA in my past career, and I got along with them fine. Most of them are just folks. The danger will be if you get someone at higher levels trying to make a reputation for themselves, or get donations from big pharma.

I am a law abiding person for the most part, but if my Kratom is in danger, I can see me going outside the law.

Don't mess with the littlebear. It has teeth and claws.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Littlebear3. Reason: adding.

NEW FDA COMMISSIONER (likely) 3 months 1 week ago #45274

• Robie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1184
Good morning Little Bear. And good morning all. And Don? Forgive me for misunderstanding the whom which was quoting thus and which whom was quoting which thus-ness!

I understand what you are saying Little Bear. And I will keep my blood pressure down in this response to your post. I'm tired of trying to point out the fripperies and buffoonery of the present system. As for myself. I think about the FDA nearly putting Kratom in the schedule 1 classifications for drugs. I believe it was 2016? And to be very honest with you that frightens me. If the FDA succeeds in doing that? If you ordered a kilo of Kratom and it was found at any given postal sorting center. (all Kratom purchases would HAVE by necessity of American law to come from overseas) The postal service has extensive means of detecting what is in the packages. And when the postal authorites opened it and found a banned schedule 1 drug in the package? They would rap it back up and the postal police and the DEA would personally deliver it to you. It would be treated by the Federal the same as if you ordered a kilo of uncut heroin and it was intercepted by the postal authorities. You might ponder that equation. That is how serious of a fight the people who benefit from Kratom find themselves in.

I think all we can do at this point is to educate the brainwashed amongst us and donate as much as we can comfortably afford to the AKA. THAT is a lot cheaper than going to prison and losing everything you have worked for.

Be blessed,

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

NEW FDA COMMISSIONER (likely) 3 months 4 days ago #45383

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 360
I'm thinking Kratom is not really on the top of anyone's list at the FDA at the moment. Too much craziness going on in government at the moment.

As a child of the 50's, I remember when we all thought we needed bomb shelters. For many years I always had a stock of canned goods in the basement in case we needed to survive a war. Silly when I think of it, who would want to hang out in a basement eating canned peas waiting for an all clear? But many of us were naieve and actually thought that was a likely scenario.

Anyway, I stock up on Kratom. I buy on sale, vacuum pack and squirrel it away in my barn. Just in case.

No need to let our blood pressure go up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

NEW FDA COMMISSIONER (likely) 3 months 4 days ago #45384

• Laurie
  • Laurie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8193
I have the same policy, Littlebear3! The only food that never spoils is honey. Kratom also never goes bad if properly stored. Coincidentally, they also go well TOGETHER.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat

NEW FDA COMMISSIONER (likely) 3 months 2 days ago #45414

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 1783
I never tried kratom and honey. :-?
I love honey. I'll have to give it a shot. :-bd

Littlebear,
You better watch out. The squirrels might see you putting it in the barn and think it is there for them. :woohoo:

I need to get one of those vacuum sealing machines. I keep saying I'm going to do it and then never do. :ohmy:
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

NEW FDA COMMISSIONER (likely) 3 months 2 days ago #45416

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Definitely search under “honey balls” for instructions on preparation (they are stored in the freezer and need to be made in advance)
Laurie

Last edit: by Laurie.

NEW FDA COMMISSIONER (likely) 3 months 1 day ago #45458

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
I did the search and found the instructions Marcus posted. :-bd
I'll give it a try this weekend. :cheer:

NEW FDA COMMISSIONER (likely) 3 months 1 day ago #45460

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Please send samples to try to:

LOL
Laurie

NEW FDA COMMISSIONER (likely) 3 months 1 day ago #45462

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
I wonder if you could make or combine them with the fruit gummies and have kratom gummies. :-?

NEW FDA COMMISSIONER (likely) 3 months 1 day ago #45463

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
I suspect that if it can be done, Babel-17 will know which ingredients we need and how to get them to make those honey balls gummy!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds