07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Hello!! New here!! I think I need some help

Hello!! New here!! I think I need some help 2 years 10 months ago #17111

• Jess291
  • Jess291's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
Hello everyone! My name is Jess & I am new here. So glad I found this forum. A little background on me... I have been on pain medication for 9 years due to a bad accident that led to my leg having to be amputated in Dec. 2014. Since then I have had to have another surgery due to a tumor that was on my residual limb. That was March 1 of this year. I feel a lot better now... haven't started walking yet due to needing a new fitting for my prosthetic. But I really want off the pain medication! I know that I will have pain once I start to walk again. Thought if I try Kratom it might help me wean off the meds. Sorry trying to make a really long story short. I bought a few "starter packets" from MMSpeciousa (I think that's the spelling lol) I bought 25g Red Vien Maeng Da, and got 2 free packs of Baik Bali & Green Vein Indo. Can someone maybe help me on where to begin??? I am planning on starting tomorrow. I appreciate any help given! And I am sorry if I have broke any forum rules I am super new to all this and a bit old school when it comes to computers lol Thank you!!
Pura Vida ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, StarWarsForce

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello!! New here!! I think I need some help 2 years 10 months ago #17116

• Usernametaken
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
:-h Jess291, Welcome to our forum. You'll find people here are friendly and understanding. Sorry to here about your accident. Glad you're feeling better now.

You didn't break any rules. A lot of people on here have used kratom to get off narcotic pain meds.

I didn't use kratom to w/d from pain medication. I was addicted to opiates and I had tapered myself off suboxone before I began using kratom.

I find that kratom helps with my pain and curbs my cravings to use opiates.

Getting a starter pack or sampler was a good idea. Red strains are often the best to use when going through withdrawal or to replace opiate based pain meds. Red Bali is a good strain to use for this purpose. It tends to be more relaxing and provides good pain relief. You have some Red Maeng Da which should help with pain. I've found that RMD can be stimulating or sedating. It depends on the vendor & other factors.

Kratom is very unique. The same strain will have different effects on individuals. Reds are usually, but not always more sedating. White veined kratom is good for energy and focus. Green vein is said to be in between Red & White. Red's are good for pain relief but some Green and White strains are good too.

Are you planning to taper off of your meds first and use kratom for pain and withdrawal symptoms or do you want to use kratom now in place of taking "X" number of pills?

The kratom will be less effective if you take opiate pain killers at the same time. It's recommended that Beginners take a tsp. (measuring) which is about 2 grams. However if you're in w/d or have a high tolerance to opiates you may need more than that.

Take the least amount possible that gives you the effect you're looking for. It's best to take kratom on an empty stomach. The most effective way to take it is Toss n Wash. Drink water or orange juice put powdered kratom in mouth. Swish it around and swallow. Then swish again to get all of the kratom down. It's important to drink more water than you would normally.

If you're physically dependent on opiates you'll need to buy more Red veined strains. 25 grams isn't going to last long.

I recommend Christopher's Organic Botanicals. He has a wide variety of strains, including Red Bali. Shipping is free & he throws in an oz. free with every order. Red Agatha is a good strain for pain too. Red Thai is usually less sedating than Bali. Use code ILK for 10% off your first order. He sells an 8 oz sampler. You choose the strains you'd like.

I hope I gave you the basics at least. I'd try 2 grams in the am in place of the pain pill(s). If you don't feel better in 20 minutes take another .05-1 gram. You may feel effects in as little as 10 minutes.

Find your sweet spot, that's the dose needed to get desired effect without wasting any kratom. It's possible to need 5 grams or more. It depends on many factor's.

Last edit: by Usernametaken.

Hello!! New here!! I think I need some help 2 years 10 months ago #17117

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8200
I also use kratom for multiple reasons. For getting off of opiates, I used a smaller dose than USERNAMETAKEN, and dosed more frequently.
My $ .02
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Usernametaken, Jess291

Last edit: by Laurie. Reason: Spell check

Hello!! New here!! I think I need some help 2 years 10 months ago #17120

• Jess291
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Oh my gosh THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Ok this is what I am doing... the last two weeks I have tapered down a lot! I am currently taking oxycodone (45mg) with lyrica (200mg)I also take Tylenol too. I tapered down from 100 -120mgs daily oxycodone. I am very proud of myself thus far but really do not want to be dependent on the oxy anymore. I have read a lot about Kratom but to be honest I am nervous. Before this all happened to me I had never taken anything. I do not drink or smoke pot. I don't even drink caffeine. I am planning on continuing the Lyrica for now and tapering that once I get stable without the oxy. My pain has improved a lot, but of course when I start walking and working (Iam a bartender btw) who knows how my pain will be.
So tomorrow I am going to replace my morning dose of oxy with the Kratom. Basically I just didn't know which one out of the three that I do have to try. I don't want to have any heart pulpatations (caffeine sometimes gives me them) my gut is saying start with the Red Maeg Da? I will dose as you said, already have the OJ for the toss and wash! I just want to make sure that it will not have any negative side effects when I am going to continue the Lyrica. So far in what I have read there seems to be no problems taking the two. Obviously I will space them out! I know what I do have now will not last long and I will definitely order more. Hopefully I am on the right track! I will update tomorrow am and fingers crossed it will help! So done with these pills!! Thank you again for replying >:D
Pura Vida ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, C.O.B, Usernametaken

Hello!! New here!! I think I need some help 2 years 10 months ago #17121

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 8200
Hi Jess,
Welcome, again. I know you didn't ask this question, but kratom does not feel the same as opiates. It can be a bit of unexpected mood enhancement to the extreme for new users. You guessed right on strain. Mix in some green if you have it (don't increase dose, just mix half/half).
If at all possible, I would recommend waiting until you have a day off. Sensitive people can get sleepy from a small dose AT FIRST. If you don't want to wait to try it (none of us wants to wait that long-ever-lol), can you try it for a morning dose when you don't work until the evening? Since you're still used to oxy, I don't expect you'll run into problems, but nobody needs to learn how kratom works for the first time while planning to drive to work, etc. These concerns are normally given to new people who have not had opiates, so you should be fine, but please try and give yourself about 4 hours of kratom use safely at home. And report back! We want to hear your thoughts! THAT part can wait until you have time. Less is more with kratom. I used a 1/4 teaspoon at first. Food for thought. Congratulations on being open minded enough to try it! You will wonder why you waited so long (we all do, lol)
XO
Laurie
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Usernametaken, ljs, Jess291

Last edit: by Laurie.

Hello!! New here!! I think I need some help 2 years 10 months ago #17129

• ljs
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 39
Jess291,

Just a quick note from one new Kratom user to another - I took my first dose last night and continued today. I've received some good advice and vendor recommendations here also. I, too, was nervous last night and started out with 1/2 teaspoon (about 1-1/4 grams). It was late, I had eaten and was tired but did get a very mellow and relaxed feeling. Today I got up, took three more doses during the day and did have *some* pain relief. Because I haven't gotten my confidence level up, I stayed with small doses all day (under 2 grams). I also had to continue my pain medication but I can definitely tell this has potential to really help with pain. I've read hundreds of testimonials and would have loved to be the one who was cured of pain the same day, but wasn't, just encouraged to keep going. Just trying to give you some realistic results and don't be discouraged if miracles don't happen for you tomorrow. This is a trial-and-error journey. I plan to up the dosage tomorrow and go from there. I have high hopes for Kratom and look forward to getting to a good place with it. I love your attitude, by the way. Best of luck tomorrow!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Usernametaken, Jess291

Hello!! New here!! I think I need some help 2 years 10 months ago #17139

• kjdore
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 156
Jess, I am pretty new here too but I'd like to share my experience with you. I did the same as you did when I received my first shipment and started small (about 1 tsp). I did not really get much relief, and the next day I doubled that. That gave me some relief, but I'm starting to find my sweet spot which is about 1 tbsp now. Using that dose just one in the morning I seem to be able to not take my oxycodone for about half the day. I've been on those meds for over 10 years myself. I have heard in a couple places that long term users of opiates may have a higher tolerance to kratom or what is referred to as cross tolerance. I agree with you taking it slow but don't be afraid to raise a little each try till you find the right amount of pain relief for you. Also as a side note, I started with the red MD as well and I'm going to try the red bali next to see how well that works for me. I've also tried a green and a red because just like you did, I got a starter sampler pack. Neither of them gave me the effect I desired.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Usernametaken, ljs, Jess291

Hello!! New here!! I think I need some help 2 years 10 months ago #17140

• Jess291
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi everyone!
Well I totally chickened out! Started reading some posts on a different site last night about aryithmas heart palpitations from supposedly using Kratom. Also I read some where about potassium levels dropping during use. Listen I do not know how true these posts are but it totally freaked me out! I get palpitations from time to time due to low potassium. I drink some OJ and they usually go away. I stay away from anything with caffeine, but unfortunately I do smoke cigs. Now I do not know what to do! I hope all of what I read was false! I can not see the Kratom affecting me any worse than the meds I am on now. The oxy sometimes makes my heart pound. I think I need to just try it at least of few times and see what happens but I feel like I need to be assured I won't drop dead lol! Sorry for being such a wimp! If I get the courage up I will try it when my next dose of oxy is due which is anywhere from 4-6 hours from now. Or is it better to just try again tomorrow am?? I can't bare going into full blown withdrawals. It's too much being in pain with my stump and being on crutches!! I'm still tapering I have taken away another 2 5 mgs starting today. Thanks guys! You guys do not understand how much it means to me to have someone to talk to about this! All I have is my husband and let's just say he is not the nicest when it comes to things like this. No other family :(
Pura Vida ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Usernametaken

Hello!! New here!! I think I need some help 2 years 10 months ago #17141

• ljs
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 39
Jess, it's perfectly okay to chicken out. You will know when you're ready, and you may not ever be, and that's okay too. You've made great personal progress and that's outstanding! Keep up the good work! And BTW, did you notice all the pacing that April is doing today? (Haha, love your avatar)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Usernametaken, Jess291

Hello!! New here!! I think I need some help 2 years 10 months ago #17143

• Jess291
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you! I think I'm gonna start in the am! I will do it lol
I haven't checked on April today, got sucked into watching the Aaron Hernandez double murder verdict. I can't believe it! Oh well he's still stuck in jail! It's kinda a big thing here in Boston!
Gonna get up and do a few things now! Shower and laundry are calling my name hahaha
Have a wonderful day and when I do try the Kratom I will be sure to post my results!!! :-bd
Pura Vida ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Usernametaken, ljs

Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds