Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.

TOPIC: Hello, New here.

Bookmark and Share

Hello, New here. 1 week 4 days ago #21491

• Tinadee
  • Fresh Boarder
Just started using Kratom for pain and I have to admit recreational use as well. I have been purchasing it from a head shop and a herb supply. Recently I was on vacation found a great organic brand. Powder form is what I prefer. It was so much easier to take. Not as bad of after taste.
Does anyone know what it used if anything in non organic brands that makes it so harsh? Also noticed it effects were much stronger then the other I had been using.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hello, New here. 1 week 4 days ago #21496

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 411
I have heard from someone who used to be in management of one of those large brands that it is, indeed, laced with something (O-desmethyl-tramadol) to make it much stronger. A recent study on PubMed.gov also found unusually high concentrations of 7-OH-Mitragynine in some samples of kratom on the market. That may be what you are tasting in the "non-organic" brand you refer to.

7-hydroxy is a more habituating form of the Mitragynine that is the main alkaloid in kratom.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasmin

Hello, New here. 1 week 4 days ago #21499

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 162
Just wanted to pop in and say Welcome! :)

Hello, New here. 1 week 4 days ago #21503

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 686
Tinadee wrote:
Just started using Kratom for pain and I have to admit recreational use as well. I have been purchasing it from a head shop and a herb supply. Recently I was on vacation found a great organic brand. Powder form is what I prefer. It was so much easier to take. Not as bad of after taste.
Does anyone know what it used if anything in non organic brands that makes it so harsh? Also noticed it effects were much stronger then the other I had been using.

kemppaulh is the expert here on that topic. What he says makes good sense to me.

I always go with vendors who say organic... and have not had any problems, however, you really never know what is in there.

IF the product does not work or if I have a bad reaction however, I will not be buying it again from that vendor.

It is really important to locate vendors you trust who want you to continue with them as a faithful customer.

I am interested in your comment about recreational use. I use Kratom for pain relief but do not notice any other cognitive effects, so just what effects are you after recreationally?

Welcome to the forum!
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by bomalley. Reason: typo correction

Hello, New here. 1 week 3 days ago #21517

• vfabio1193
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Just wanted to pop in and say ''Hello to everybody'' :-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h:-h
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds