Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:

TOPIC: It's on!

Bookmark and Share

It's on! 2 months 1 week ago #21535

• holycow#1
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
The push to end kratom is on after the death of the police sgt. in NY who the they claim died from an overdose of kratom. Anyne who uses kratom knows that's not true!! This death needs to be investigated ASAP!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

It's on! 2 months 1 week ago #21538

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 167
How tragic. :(

As concerned as I am for kratom's reputation, I am more concerned for the family members who are probably reading the comments. When my sister died I spent hours reading the comments in news reports and was horrified to read the awful and untrue things they said about her. Please, people! Remember the loved ones if you comment on any news reports and stop jumping to conclusions. :(

It's on! 2 months 1 week ago #21541

• Jrocker
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Probably not gonna be legal much longer now. Don't understand how it can make your lungs bleed. Coughing or choking during a toss n wash? Wonder why he was taking it and where he got it?
Before criticizing walk a mile in that persons shoes, so when you criticize them your a mile away and you have their shoes!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Plathian

It's on! 2 months 1 week ago #21544

• Plathian
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
I'm freaking out. Someone with knowledge of botanicals needs to counter this article because there is no way it could be possible. I cannot read any news about Kratom because it is all outlandish fabrication. I get so anxious about a Kratom ban that I lose my words. If I had the understanding of a botanist, I would feel much more secure. Has the AKA weighed in about the impossibility of this? I would not believe it unless I read the autopsy report and had a discussion with the medical examiner. That response sounds like Anthrax.

It's on! 2 months 1 week ago #21545

• Plathian
  • Fresh Boarder
That is awful. I hate comment sections. I get that social media makes it so every voice can be heard, that people claim it's democratization of media, blah blah. It seems like human cruelty at its finest that cowardly and comfortably hides behind usernames and Avatars, acting like reality is a video game. It is toxic and makes me lose faith in the goodness of people.

It's on! 2 months 1 week ago #21547

• holycow#1
  • Expert Boarder
I agree that the death of anyone is tragic. But I also think its tragic that the coroner in this case reported his death as a kratom overdose. The article I reported didn't indicate how he ingested the herb. My concern is that somehow we are able to prove this incorrect. My sharing this has nothing to do with jumping to conclusions or over reacting. Sometimes the best defense for an offence is to fight back. Clearing up this misunderstanding by the coroner is that!!

It's on! 2 months 1 week ago #21549

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 167
holycow#1 wrote:
I agree that the death of anyone is tragic. But I also think its tragic that the coroner in this case reported his death as a kratom overdose. The article I reported didn't indicate how he ingested the herb. My concern is that somehow we are able to prove this incorrect. My sharing this has nothing to do with jumping to conclusions or over reacting. Sometimes the best defense for an offence is to fight back. Clearing up this misunderstanding by the coroner is that!!

I hope you didn't think my comment was about you! It wasn't. :)

It's on! 2 months 1 week ago #21558

• Plathian
  • Fresh Boarder
holycow#1 wrote:

How can we do this? I do not know if there are certain people with the American Kratom Association who might be able to intervene. At the least, there needs to be a media correspondent presenting facts to the public. Or do we know very little about Kratom after all? I understand the Speciosa plant is a relative of Coffea, and coffee = caffeine=stimulant class. A person can obviously overdose from other stimulants such as Cocaine, but caffeine is still in the same class and therefore: Could I drink myself to death with coffee? if the answer is yes, it would be absurd to say that coffee should be banned because I overdosed myself with Starbucks. Could this individual have overdosed himself with Kratom? Is that even possible?

We need to know these things ourselves, and I have always said that headshop Kratom isn't Kratom, and that any news reports of kids getting headshop Kratom and overdosing was overblown fabrication. But I can't convince my doctors that Kratom is safe when a police officer dies and an autopsy report attributed it to Kratom. That means it might be a little bit of a challenge to call my congressman about Kratom when an autopsy report confirms the cause of death as Kratom, and the deceased is an officer. What do we have to work with if the public and our lawmakers see Kratom as a cop-killing mystery plant from hell?

It's on! 2 months 1 week ago #21559

• holycow#1
  • Expert Boarder
I believe there are more than a few police-persons using kratom out there. Many suffer from PTSD and without Kratom they wouldn't be able to function at a safe level. Please if your reading this and its legal in your state coming forward to investigate this death would help. Having the DEA with this type of misinformation can't help us. Perhaps the AKA lawyer can help to uncover the truth. As was stated earlier you could probably kill yourself drinking to much coffee, or anything!!

It's on! 2 months 5 days ago #21599

• Laurie
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 1113
I didn't see the post about the police officer, but am sorry to hear blame is being pointed at kratom in any way.
I'm sure there will be follow-up by the AKA on this. It's what they need donation$ for!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: tuan.greeny
  • Page:
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds