Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.

TOPIC: Greetings, Brand New to Kratom

Bookmark and Share

Greetings, Brand New to Kratom 3 weeks 2 days ago #22915

• Wick
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
I've been doing research on Kratom for awhile now and decided to take the step. There is so much info out there I decided the best bet would be just to try a sample pack of a couple different strains and see how it goes. I suffer from back problems that pain management just hasn't been able to help as much as I would like mostly due to the doctors unwillingness to prescribe enough of a dose of opioids to stop the pain. They have the mindset where I live that we must suffer for others bad decisions. It is FL and was the pill mill capitol so docs will not prescribe an adequate dose of pain relief unless your on your death bed. Anyways, enough of that.

I do have a couple question,

I have been taking opioids for a couple years, will I already have some tolerance to Kratom?

How do I find reviews for the online vendors? I found the forum but there are so many threads that the reviews are few and far between, is there an easy way to find just the reviews?

I've read that changing up the strains daily will help with tolerance. What about skipping days and taking opioid pain meds on days I don't take the Kratom or is that defeating the purpose?

Thats all for now and I appreciate any and all responses. Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, holycow#1

Greetings, Brand New to Kratom 3 weeks 2 days ago #22920

• holycow#1
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 274
Welcome Wick!! This is the forum that will answer your questions. Very knowledgeable members. I recommencement Chris from Christopher's Organic Botanicals, he is my go to guy! There is a phone number on his site and he will speak with you about his pain experience. holycow#1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, roadieratonga, Wick

Greetings, Brand New to Kratom 3 weeks 2 days ago #22922

• Nan70
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 62
I have been using Kratom for 3 weeks. I have spinal arthritis, stenosis, from scar tissue aftermath 20 years later from 2 back surgeries. Only in the last few years I felt that I needed to manage my pain with stronger medications. PT exercises, walking, yoga, anti inflammatory diet, then finally my doctor recommended taking oxy once a day after trying to push anti depressants on me for pain control, which I refuse.(Also I can no longer take NSAIDS) I would let the oxy sit there and only take them when traveling or I had a situation where I could not manage my pain. My quality of life sucked I just felt stressed/depressed, by the end of the day of 24/7 pain managing.I also feel humiliated to ask for pain meds, even though they never refused. Also they didn't work well enough for me to take more or increase dosage. This is the short version. Almost forgot, I did tens years of spinal cortisone injections, done with that, too much to say!

Then came Kratom. I barely took oxy, but right before I tried Kratom it was after a stressful physical week and was taking one a day for five days in a row. Sixth day I tried Kratom for the first time I took the lowest dose recommend and in 30 minutes it worked, all my soreness gone. Do not assume because you take pain medicine that you will need a higher dose. IMO start with lower dose 2 grams - 3 grams(1 teaspoon). There are guides on the interent. I used www.kratomiq.com/how-to-take-kratom/

Finding a vender is key. They have approved venders here with reviews. I also Reddit searched Kratom Venders. What I looked for was reviews here at ILK, web site reviews from customers, then ordered.

PurKratom I ordered red vein borneo and bali capsules. Not economical. I took 4 caps one less than recommended. It worked for me.
Re-leaf llc. you need to become a member and read their policy carefully. I really like the quality of their Kratom.
Pa-botanicals had both good reviews and a few problem reviews but I ordered from them twice and like their Kratom also.

What surprised me the most is I have experienced amazing anti inflammatory results for Kratom so far.

I am a newbie and there are great people here who will respond who know much more and provide good advice.

Yes this is part of self treatment for pain management, I have twenty years of working managing pain with the medical professionals I think I am at a point in my life to decide my own path of treatment.
Welcome and good luck
Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by Nan70.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, holycow#1, roadieratonga, Wick

Greetings, Brand New to Kratom 3 weeks 2 days ago #22927

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 1184
Welcome, Wick!

Most of the reviews are consolidated under FIND A VENDOR/RATE A VENDOR.

There is a SEARCH feature on this site. Try entering “review” in that search? That should be enough to find a good amount of reviews (that’s how I started as well, along with reading every article in the BLOG).

This site has vetted longtime vendors and the list is alphabetical.

You’ll need to toggle around up where it says KRATOM FORUM and look to the right for VENDORS.

Hopefully that is somewhat helpful. If not, someone is always here.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: holycow#1, Wick, LaRocca

Greetings, Brand New to Kratom 3 weeks 2 days ago #22934

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1105
A warm welcome to you Wick.

Once you decide on a vendor it would be best to start with a variety or sample pack.

Since your issue is pain (mine too) start with 4 "red" varieties (Red Borneo, Red Bali, Red Vein Thai, Red Horned, Red Maeng Da, Red Plantation etc). Once you get a feel for how they work (take notes) you will be able to branch out and try other strains.
I've read that changing up the strains daily will help with tolerance. What about skipping days and taking opioid pain meds on days I don't take the Kratom or is that defeating the purpose?

The alkaloids in Kratom compete for the same receptors as opioids so YES you will have developed some tolerance already BUT don't let that stop you. Start at 2 Gms as Nan70 has suggested and work up from there until you find your "sweet spot" for a dose.

I highly recommend buying a scale and measuring out your doses precisely (available on amazon...look for one that measures in mg). A tsp can be anywhere from 2 - 3 Gms. If you are going to be using Kratom for pain control you will want to manage your doses precisely so your tolerance does not build up quickly. (some advice from my own experience)

Rotating strains is recommended for managing tolerance. Honestly, I am not convinced, but I do it anyway (better safe than sorry). I think managing the dose is more important. Just like with opioids it is easy for the dose to get away on you when you are seeking pain relief every day, over a long period of time.

Taking opioids INSTEAD of Kratom does nothing for the tolerance issue as they are both targeting the same receptors.

You can alternate Kratom some days and opioids the other for pain control. Some people do this as a way to come off the opioids completely but it does nothing for preventing tolerance.

Welcome to the great Kratom experiment and to the beginning of taking back control!
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."
Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by bomalley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, holycow#1, roadieratonga, Wick, LaRocca

Greetings, Brand New to Kratom 3 weeks 2 days ago #22937

• roadieratonga
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 278
Nothing I can add other than welcome Wick!
“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Wick

Greetings, Brand New to Kratom 2 days 2 hours ago #23439

• JDeYoung
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
What I can tell you is that the switch over from opiods to kratom was almost painless it took me a few days to find my "sweet spot". I did find that what I assume was a tolerance to it but it wasn't much of one. I started with a red strain which was Red Borneo. But did find that a red and green blend was much more effective. I change the strain I dose with 2 times a month. My dose from what I learned is a smaller dose as everyone is different. I dose with about 3 grams twice a day. Wish I could help more but I am still fairly new to Kratom. The one thing I can say is I am not a fan of the toss and wash method, though it does seem to work faster I couldn't handle the taste so, I make my own capsules. However it isn't too terrible when I add it to green tea with a little honey I was able to handle it then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Greetings, Brand New to Kratom 2 days 1 hour ago #23444

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1105
I use 4 grams 3-4 times per day. We all use different amounts and frequency depending on why we are using Kratom.

When you are using on a regular basis it is easy for the dose or frequency to increase as you try to control symptoms. So the best way to prevent tolerance is to take regular breaks from Kratom use. If that is not possible then controlling your dose and frequency is essential.

Some experimenting is necessary to find the sweet spot, but once you get there maintaining at that level is essential or your tolerance can escalate.

I also found the switch from opioids to Kratom quite painless!
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."
Last Edit: 2 days 1 hour ago by bomalley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds