08 Dec 2012
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND...
A few months ago we asked some of the Approved Vendors to offer some discounts to our community. A lot of them graciously did. We have been asked to bring those discounts back. The following vendors would like to share the love for this forum with you. I know we all appreciate it.
Read More...
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: New to Kratom

New to Kratom 1 month 3 hours ago #31048

• Debbie329
  • Debbie329's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Hey guys,

I just want to apologize for what I posted the other day. On the local news they said the passage of this bill would ban Kratom. So, without checking the AKA site, I believed them and I freaked out. Especially sense I have ordered from some of the vendors on here and I have not received my orders which were placed on Friday. I deal with bipolar depression and I don't know what to say but it can be hard. It's a very negative viewpoint on things. I should have checked my e mail and the AKA site first. Seems the news never tells the whole truth
Anything I hear from them I usually double check. I can't help but think that with our new governor, if he gets the chance he will ban it in TN. But, I am

getting ahead of myself there. Wait and see. Anyway Kratom has helped me with a lot of things. My restless legs are gone now when no other Dr prescribed drug could or would help. My back pain is gone. My arthritis pain is gone. My depression is better so long as I stay with the dose I am taking. Trying to lower it results in irritability and a general...mad at the world feeling. This is right away not a couple hours later. I was trying to wean myself off. But I was going too fast, three pills a day. I started to feel horrible. I have lost weight on this but I think I gained it
back. My orders were placed over the weekend. I have not given them time to ship it. I sleep through the night now and I never have. Chronic insomnia seems to take over if I try to lower my dose. I take about 10 or 12 grams a day. So I went from that to 8-9 and it came back on
me bad. I was in the middle of that with my last post. I don't think I was thinking right at the time so I hope you can forgive me. I don't want to stop it but I think I don't have a choice. I was taking Seroquel at night and I stopped when I started Kratom. I don't think that was a good idea either though Seroquel is a strong sedatives it does not act the same or have even close to the same effect. Anyway, I'm sorry and I hope I can be a part of your group. This stuff helps me where nothing else ever did.

You guys like pills or powder? If you take the powder do you measure and chase it with juice? The tea is gross in my opinion. I know you all have your fav supplier so I won't ask that. I hope to go from 10-12 grams to 5-6, and stop so I can take my other medicines. I am diabetic so if I could lose wt. and keep it off maybe I can rid myself of this horrible disease. Tonight I took my regular dose and I feel a bit better. Good luck to you guys

Debbie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to Kratom 1 month 2 hours ago #31050

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1065
No worries Debbie, I can feel your concern especially if you live in TN which seems to have had more calls to action with the AKA lately. Consider joining the AKA facebook group and if your state has a call to action they will guide you to appropriate steps to take. www.facebook.com/groups/KeepKratomLegal/
Ohio was the last state that needed a call to action.

Great to hear of the good results you are getting from Kratom all I can say is me too. You are welcome here and please post about your experiences they are of great value and everybody can learn from you.

I think most people here use powder it is the most budget friendly or they cap their own. I have bought empty gel caps size 00 and filled my own but 36 caps took about half and hour. A machine can be bought at Amazon to make your own capsules.
I have no problem just stirring my dose in with water and drinking it but that might be just me. I would never be able to toss dry powder in my mouth and wash it down. A Lot of people mix with orange juice, smoothies. Gatorade,or almond milk.

Your orders placed on Friday might not have been fulfilled until Monday depending on the time of day it was placed and if your vendors are opened on Saturday.

I always measure and weigh my doses, I am considered a low doser about 1.7 grams to 2.4 grams. i just dropped my scale-broke it- and I am eyeballing my kratom until my next scale is delivered. I have recently ordered a new scale from a vendor along with some kratom samples and its been two days since I received the shipping confirmation.
(Insense Botancials- its because you are busy?? they regularly post here lol)

I do have a few favorite vendors. I am ordering sample here and there when I see an outstanding review.

off the approved list i have used.
www.canopybotanicals.com/ - budget friendly need to type speciosa in the search bar to get product list.
goldleafbotanicals.net/ - my favortie greens
insensebotanicals.com/
www.re-leaf.us/ - most strains
pabotanicals.com/ - my home state supplier
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, aurora77

New to Kratom 4 weeks 1 day ago #31054

• Insense1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 523
Depending on what time you ordered on Friday, will depend on how quickly it goes out.
We have been a bit busy and some of the orders may have not made it out on Saturday, because we work short days on Saturdays.... the post office is only open half of the day.
We try to get orders out the day they are processed but if its past our processing time 3 or 4 pm then it will go out at the very next available mail date.
I hope this explanation helps.
Any questions, please give me a call
Rob
CEO
916-201-0454 cell
530-644-0456 office
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

:-)

New to Kratom 4 weeks 1 day ago #31056

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I ordered mine on Monday and just received my package in the mail today. Still always fastest shipping! I dropped my scale and it was goner. I replaced it and I had to order 3 samples along with it.:-bd
I will review Chocolate Borneo, Green Borneo, and Red Elephant MD. when I try them.
Thanks Rob for the quick response.
I can go back to accurate doses, one US quarter weighs 5.6 grams, scale is working perfectly.

New to Kratom 4 weeks 1 day ago #31059

• Debbie329
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Nan,

Did you get that capsule machine? Does anyone else have one? How much is in a teaspoon of powder, how many mg/gm? In TN, Kratom is legal if it's pure Kratom and not something else. It has to state on the package that you must be over 21 and not to consume it with other medicine. That's only in part, they want more on the package. They arrested a man in Nashville for having it in his car. The officer said....how am I supposed to know for sure what it is? He went to jail. But, it's like a lot of other things, don't keep it on your person, or in your car and they won't bug you. I just don't want to get a scale and a cap maker because that would look like i was selling it. I just got my first bag of powder. I need to know, if I measure by teaspoon, how much am I getting in the dose?

Thanks
Debbie

New to Kratom 4 weeks 1 day ago #31060

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
On average one level teaspoon is 2 grams.

The most weight difference I have ever weighed for a teaspoon is 2.8 grams.
But on average its 2- 2.4 grams.

I read about the man getting arrested for a completely legal substance. I can see you having reservations about the capsule maker. They have these small cap machines, hold 100 capsules 00 size. I did not buy the machine because I only needed to cap under 30 for convenience on the go supply. I also find taking kratom as a powder more effective, works faster.
You can always buy the scale for "jewelry" or a food scale because you are measuring cake mix for layer cake. ;) I do recommend purchasing one though I did when I started to buy from more than one vendor this is when you see slight weight differences, but they add up if you are dosing more than 1 teaspoon.

I have this scale also available at walmart.com and Amazon. It a small pocket scale no one would think you were selling with this tiny thing.
insensebotanicals.com/product-category/elecscales/

New to Kratom 4 weeks 1 day ago #31063

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2329
Hi Debbie329!

I still measure mine with a 1/2 tsp as my only tool. It’s not precise AT ALL, but neither are my needs! Haha!

I use 4 scoops as needed, which can be anywhere from 30 minutes to 5 hrs, depending on if I’ve eaten, what my pain is like, my attitude, etc. Usually about every 4 hrs. But I don’t clock watch like I did with opiates. I keep extra blends measured and handy for spontaneous use. But I suppose even that would be scary where you are.
Shame.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1

Laurie

New to Kratom 4 weeks 18 hours ago #31068

• Debbie329
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes,

A guy was arrested in Nashville for selling Kratom. As I am to understand, what I have is not legal because it does not have the proper language on it about being 21 and all that. It's like a paragraph they are supposed to put on the back. But, the officer could still say.....how do I know this is pure Kratom? Of course, if I have a scale and empty caps and they come in my house for whatever reason, it's going to look like I'm selling it. I don't see why they'd van it after just legalizing it and putting all these rules in place. But, Bill Lee who is set to become the next mayor of Nashville said he would never legalize pot for medical reasons because it's not proven to help anything and he wants more research on it. He can and will say the same about Kratom because it's not proven to help any medical condition. So, what we need to do in TN is make sure a bill never gets that far. But, ok, you wanna go there, let's go there, none of the vitamins and suppliments you can buy at the drug store are proven either so why don't you ban all those too? I take 12mg in divided doses three or four times a day. I just got a big bag of powder. How am I supposed to measure without a scale??

Debbie

New to Kratom 4 weeks 18 hours ago #31069

• Debbie329
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I guess I will just buy the capsules from now on and keep the powder just in case because I don't know how to measure without getting a scale and I don't want to go to jail for selling drugs.

Debbie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

New to Kratom 4 weeks 18 hours ago #31070

• aurora77
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Hey Debbie329! I use a teaspoon. It isn't the most accurate thing, but a quick google search will give you a really rough estimate, and from there, I go just a bit under. This method WILL work, until you get a scale, if that is what you are wanting to do. You will be fine by just measuring with a TS, just err on the side of caution and go under a bit. Then measure the results. If nothing, add a little to the next. That is how I do it, and I am just fine :) So this quote is DIRECTLY from a web-search talking about Kratom and measuring with TS. "A full, level teaspoon will contain roughly 4.5 grams of Kratom powder." So there is your start. Kitchen measuring spoons, for baking and such like your grandma had, are the best, they are specifically measured out for baking. Most people have them somewhere buried in their drawers, maybe you do too? Best of luck :)

(EDIT: I do not actually own a scale, and only posted what I have found on the interwebz as far as the teaspoon goes. I see that Nan70 has actually weighed it, and has given a likely far more accurate assessment than what I gave. Sorry!! You should definitely take that advice more since there is actually a scale involved ^_^ )

Last edit: by aurora77.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds