21 Nov 2018
Happy Thanksgiving from the I Love Kratom Community!

We wanted to post all the Black Friday Deals that our approved vendors have made us aware of. We have heard that there are a few vendors that are having a tough time staying stocked up. We are confident one of these vendors would love to help you until your vendor is all stocked up again!
Read More...
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: New here

New here 1 month 1 week ago #32558

• MaBell
  • MaBell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Hi I’m MaBell. Im new. I have never tried Kratom and I have a lot of questions. I have been clean from heroin for over 10 years. I currently take methadone daily. Ive weaned down from 140 to 19mg per day. It’s hard. I’ve got zero energy and I’m worried about what the next dosage decreases are going to do to me. Pretty soon I’m going to be released from the clinic and have nothing to fall back on. They will wean me within one month and set me free. I don’t want to go back to the streets. Will Kratom help me? How do I get it and how much do I take? I appreciate any input that can help me. Thank you so much!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New here 1 month 1 week ago #32560

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2565
Welcome to the best kratom forum ever, MaBell.

You have brighter days ahead, now that you found us.

Your question is too broad for my schedule. I’ll check on this thread later to make sure you’re getting some feedback, but you gotta be willing to read a little on your own (use the search key to find discussions by those before you. Methadone is a good search word, for example).

Getting started is not as complicated as it sounds. We all show up SCARED TO DEATH of withdrawal and later find that fear was unwarranted.

Look at the BLOG section if you’re interested in the most in-depth editorials on the topic. Or do searches and read what’s here and then we will help you decide how to begin. It’s not an overnight fix and it’s not as easy as a pill. It’s a bit of work EVERY DAY to get it right. But most of us find it well worth the trouble to gain quality of life.

Welcome to the family. Please do your assignments I gave you while we wait for the others to post...

(This same question comes up almost once a day!)

You are in the right place :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1

Laurie

New here 1 month 1 week ago #32561

• MaBell
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you! I will do my homework. I appreciate your feedback!

New here 1 month 1 week ago #32563

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1260
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Here are some quick and popular links for you-
www.ilovekratom.com/kratom-news-blog/57-...addiction-to-opiates

www.ilovekratom.com/forum/kratom-discuss...-oldies#.W-YA1ZNKiUn

www.ilovekratom.com/forum/the-kratom-use...e-guide#.W-YBk5NKiUk

Read through these and please ask any question you are confused about.
Many here have weaned off opiates but this is not my experience so I can provide other feedback.

Head shop kratom usually is not the best quality we have an approved vendor list you can look through. also you can read reviews here of recent purchases.
These are online vendors most take e-checks and other payment and still a handful that take credit cards.
Most can ship to you in about 3 days. Hopefully you do not live in a banned State.

All things kratom vendors-
www.ilovekratom.com/forum/kratom-vendors
Reviews approved list and off the list -
www.ilovekratom.com/forum/rate-a-vendor

www.ilovekratom.com/kratom-vendors

Last edit: by Nan70.

New here 1 month 1 week ago #32564

• MaBell
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you! Most people mention herbal RVA. When I go there they sell herbal teas? Does this mean I drink it? How do you take kratom? Do you snort it?
Thank you!

MaBell

New here 1 month 1 week ago #32570

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 188
Welcome mabell, type speciosa on the search bar while on the hrva site, that will bring you the Kratom options to choose from,

I personally throw my dose into a little jar of juice, grapefruit usually but orange or lemon is good too..

Cap the jar and shake, down the hatch....

Maybe starting with a tsp and working up from there with 1/2 or 1 tsp more after 1 Hr if needing more till you find what works,

Getting off methadone may require you to start off with a bigger dose.

Look in the index options of this awesome site and you’ll find a plethora of great info on how to go about experimenting and finding a way

What works for one doesn’t always work for others as far as strains and dosages

It’s not the funnest thing taking to much, more is not always better , especially with Kratom ,

, start small and add more till you get some relief

I take 1tbsp , thats a lot compared to what most take around here.. I take for pain management and have pretty decent tolerance

I suggest following Laurie’s advice and do some searches

You can do it , life will be amazing once off the methadone, but you have to get there .. and you can

Be kind to yourself along the way , it’s worth using this amazing leaf in my humble opinion , life changing

P.s. “do not snort it”!!!!

New here 1 month 1 week ago #32576

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3024
We recommend that you weigh your Kratom for accurate dosing. Small scles are very cheap. Get one that measures in mg.

a 2gm dose in recommended to start but since you are opiate tolerant this may not be enough.

You ingest kratom - how ever you can get it down is good. I just sprinkle the powder on top of liquid (water) and wait patiently for it to dissolve (it takes about 5 - 10 minutes). The solution will be like dirty water, and down the hatch it goes!

I am confident that getting off the methadone will be much easier than you think. When the time comes and you have done your readings and have a good supply of kratom on hand you can stop taking methadone.

Take a kratom dose at the usual time of your methadone and then wait. IF you experience WD symptoms take some more until the symptoms go away and you keep going like this until you find a dose that holds you for several hours and does not make you sick.

I would recommend you start with some Maeng Da and maybe some Red Bali and Red Vein Thai, but you will need a good supply. You do not want to run out! Soem people take as much as 30 grams a day when withdrawing then afterwards you can cut it down a lot.

I take about 25 grams a day (in 4 divided doses) for pain management.

It really is an experiment and you have to be willing to take the risk. The WORST that can happen is that you will get a bit nauseated as your gut may not be used to the alkaloids, but many people have no problems whatsoever, and it is perfectly SAFE. It is probably about 100 times safer than whatever you are taking now as long as you do not take the methadone and the kratom together.

Kratom cannot cause respiratory depression like methadone.

We are here to help you when you get started...it might seem a little scary but it is not nearly as scary as the drugs you have already been doing.

You have already been successful in getting your methadone down A LOT! I am confident you will have no problems switching over to Kratom.

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
Last edit: by bomalley.

New here 1 month 1 week ago #32582

• MaBell
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you! So much. I will buy a scale. I wasn’t sure when to begin..... so I cannot take the kratom as I lower my methadone dose? The decreases are getting harder and harder and I am currently experiencing a lot of withdrawal symptoms as I lower for about two weeks until I stabilize on the lower dose. But when they boot me they will go from where I am to 0 in one month. Can I begin to take the kratom as they do this or must I wait until I am done with methadone for good?

Thanks again!!!!!!! MaBell

New here 1 month 1 week ago #32584

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
You CAN start sooner! Try replacing a dose with kratom. Do that every OTHER dose. You lose the full benefits of kratom powder, BUT you will start noticing the w/d side effects diminish to a much more reasonable level!

You may think, this stuff isn’t working, because your receptors are used to methadone. So you will NOT feel much except w/d relief.

Have you got vitamins and proper food and electrolytes to add to your water? Get some. Also, do a search on keyword: digestion.
The bowel issues are the same or worse than your likely familiar constipation issues. Super important you PLAN AHEAD FOR THIS.

Now I see BoMalley told you the SAME THING. Sorry for the repeat.

Laurie
Last edit: by Laurie.

New here 1 month 1 week ago #32585

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
If you have Netflix, a summary education on how it works is on “a leaf of faith”. However, as with everything, the film has an agenda to sell ONLY from vendors mentioned on the film. You are not limited to those vendors for quality product.
Since you feel awful and probably watching tv and resting, try to watch it? It might help you understand the process.

Laurie
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds