07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Tolerance

Tolerance 6 months 4 days ago #38470

• HotOtter
  • HotOtter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Hi,
I’ve been taking Kratom for about 6 months. It’s been life changing and I can’t overstate my appreciation for this forum.

I’ve noticed a trend in recent months that seems to be a bit of an outlier from what I read on here and wanted to see if anyone could help:

For starters, I take 9-10 grams, dissolved in hot water about 3x per day. I know that seems high, but my main issue is that it’s difficult for me to feel the effects... (I should note that I’m about 200 lbs and have done a fair amount of substances, although I quit drinking and pretty much everything else a year and a half ago, and never was a heavy drug user.)

I particularly don’t notice much of anything when I take reds. Perhaps I’ll get drowsy and nod off, but no euphoria or anything else. This is disappointing because I loved reds when I started and really thought red veins would be my go-to. The combination of pain relief, anti-anxiety and euphoria were exactly what I was looking for.

I got sick on greens a couple times when I started, so I’ve stayed away from those.

The one strain that still works well for me is whites. I’ve had white MD from Insense and PDO recently and love those, although it still takes about 10g. (Note: I don’t sleep much due to work and a demanding family situation, and whites really help with that — Especially as coffee makes me too nervous and this is the first thing I’ve found where I can be alert without being jittery.)

I tried black seed oil and mag awhile back, but didn’t love using them (taste and digestion, respectively).

I also noticed that when I had to go on pain meds a few months back for a severe back issue my tolerance for those was also way higher than it had ever been. I have tried to take a few days off here and there and recalibrate but I still think it’s odd how little reaction I’ve been having.

Any advice/input would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tolerance 6 months 4 days ago #38474

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3636
Hey there HOTOTTER

I think some folks have higher tolerance to medicine and herbs and or grow tolerance very quickly , but there is a recent topic about it that I’ll post for you.

Different vendors and rotation of strains is always helping me get good effects and my tolerance is pretty high for a while now .. I dose 3-5 x a day 6-9 gms a dose , some doses/ strains are more effective than others and it’s hard to know how the effects will be at any given point in time. This strain was really effective on Monday but on Thursday didn’t get the same effect....Always on a empty is pretty key, .

Here’s a post from the other day, searching tolerance in the search bar is a good idea to find out more ideas .

www.ilovekratom.com/forum/kratom-discuss...atom-tolerance#38429

Others will probably add to in recommendations but there’s lots of back threads discussing this topic
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Insense1, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Tolerance 6 months 4 days ago #38476

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7565
Yup, unfortunately it’s a tolerance issue. And what do you mean by “sick from greens”? I ask because you are missing out on a whole HUGE bunch of potentially helpful products.

You’ll learn that there is never a “go-to”, permanent solution where you have found your sweet spot and strain and all the research and experiments have ended. Never happens.

It is a lot of continuous work to find what works for THIS WEEK if you’re lucky. Metabolism is so variable with leaf use that what worked wonders today may not do ANYTHING to help the NEXT DAY! Yes, it’s annoying. We are all lifelong guinnea pigs.

That’s the hard part. I cannot buy kilos for that reason. I’ve done it. I’ve got kilos from 2016 that are perfectly good still, but my strain needs have evolved over time and I’m not “into” that strain these days. It’s actually TOO STRONG and not enough pain relief. Today.

I’m sorry there are no easy answers for getting everything figured out so we can go about our lives.

When I travel, I pack 10-20 strains because I never know what will be needed. Nor can I predict results EVEN with 20 strains to pick from.

It’s a lot of work.

Also, tolerance DOES include other pain meds. Kratom touches the same receptors. The two cancel one another out. I find pain med use of ONE PILL for 4 hours of relief completely renders kratom useless for the next 3-5 DAYS. It’s simply not worth it!

If you’re going to be having medical procedures and needing to use pain meds in the health care experience, you would be wise to wean off the kratom during the week or two leading UP TO medical procedures. Otherwise standard meds will not work well and you’ll be in pain because the normally issued doses are ineffective for your pain management.

You might want to look into a good stem n vein to assist you in weaning down from your higher tolerance for ALL OF THESE REASONS. Stem n vein can make it perfectly doable with any demanding schedule.

Good e-seeing you on the forum!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insense1, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Tolerance 6 months 4 days ago #38477

• kratering
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 542

HotOtter wrote: I tried black seed oil and mag awhile back, but didn’t love using them (taste and digestion, respectively).

Any advice/input would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

I think that when you mention Magnesium and Digestion in the same sentence you are referring to Constipation.

I have no problems and it's really inexpensive.

Every day eat a 6 ounce to 12 Ounce Salad I pick em up prepackaged at the .99 cent store for a buck.
On days where I eat normally just the salad Oil and Vinegar + spices as a dessert. Other days I substitute A hearty salad with meat and nuts etc.. for a meal.

You'll find that you become super regular.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Tolerance 6 months 4 days ago #38482

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3252
Try turmeric it will help with tolerance. Maybe you will be able to lower the dose of Reds to bring out the more mood lifting effects.(at least 1500mg to 2 grams of turmeric with pepper)
Lower dosing mood lift energy/ and higher doses sedation.
I know kratom is subjective to many reasons some already mentioned here.

A quick taper and lower dosing for Greens? I use greens for day pain mood lift and energy but I can't inch up the dose even by a milligram without getting sick. I weigh my dose and its fine.

some study of turmeric and pain meds-
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4352596/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Tolerance 6 months 4 days ago #38484

• Insense1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1172
Flax oil does wonders for constipation and its a totally natural solution...

at least for me

insense1
:-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Last edit: by Insense1.

Tolerance 6 months 2 days ago #38578

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2609
hot otter,:-h

welcome! im glad you have found the leaf and that it is life changing to you as well! I am similar. not a tiny woman either (then again a chef- you trust a skinny one?) and I have a decent tolerance even though I never had a script problem. to be honest cant keep most of them down! but yes issues with pain and being able to work was an issue.

most of the time whites are my go-tos as well. reds don't overall work well for me either as far as this supposed pain relief/ euphoria. and they are the only strain that constipate me so I haven't bothered too much to fiddle, I just take corydalis at night if needed. have you tried gold strains? or blends? in sense/ gold leaf are great with both. their fuzzy dragon is amazing. they have great corydalis and akuamma as well. next im gonna try is wild lettuce.

what do you have issues with? im sure we are all just different in our reaction. some take 1 to 2 grams but my norm lately has been 4-5. I would experiment again with greens if you have the courage maybe on a day off. get a sample size and start smaller. just a suggestion.

and im sure you might know most vendors offer ILK members a discount
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat

Tolerance 6 months 2 days ago #38586

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 1417
Pains I had on Saturday: hands (arthritis), right wrist(carpal tunnel), neck ache (fused C5 - C7), lower back ache (fused L5 -S1), mid back (3 bulging disks), and left leg bone pain(pagets disease).

I used only Incarvillea Sinensis (20:1) from Insense to treat it. No kratom used that day.

I took 2g in grapefruit juice at 8am. By 8:30am I could feel the pains reducing. By 9:30am all but the bone pain were almost gone but the bone pain was reduced a lot.
Around 1:30pm I noticed the pains coming back and I started feeling very tired. I took another 2g of the IS. By 2:30pm the pains were almost gone again and I wasn’t as tired. Started feeling the pains come back around 6pm. By 7pm the IS had pretty much worn off and I was ready to crash from being extremely tired.

For me the IS was at least as effective for my pain management as kratom. So maybe you should try IS to see if you can manage your pain while reducing your tolerance.
Don

Many others here have also had success with the IS.
There are also other botanicals that reduce pain like chuchuhasi and akuamma but while I have got pain reduction with them it wasn’t as much as I get with the IS.
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, michele373

Tolerance 6 months 2 days ago #38591

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2609
don,

that's a great point! a lot of us use other supplements that help with pain relief and synergize with each other so we don't always take a lot of leaf. on my days off I try to mix the other botanicals and usually don't take k. chuchuhasi and akuamma usually work better for me but I think they are specifically better for joints. I take IS as a cherry on top when needed as well. and shilajit has helped me a lot so I take that daily as well.

sorry not to be overwhelming, a couple months ago this was all greek to me, but the help from all the wonderful people here have helped guide me in the right direction. most you can buy from insense or another botanical company quite reasonable. like 3 bucks an ounce. but akuamma is very bitter and just nasty so I only recommend capsules. easy to make yourself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Tolerance 6 months 2 days ago #38594

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7565
I keep ALL HERBS ON HAND because as soon as something works, it doesn’t work the next time. NEXT!

That’s a lot of pain, Don! I’m so happy you are getting relief!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds