07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Starting my Kratom Journey ?

Starting my Kratom Journey ? 2 months 2 weeks ago #43043

• Desperado7
  • Desperado7's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi guys! I’m pretty new to kratom. Aside from trying a local
Headshop and using their product now (choice botanicals), I have never tried “quality kratom”. I suffer from clinical depression, PTSD & anxiety (all creating by losing my father 6 years ago to Suicide), as well as chronic back and neck pain. I also suffer from no energy or wanting to ever do anything. I’m a mother to 3 beautiful boys ranging in ages from 5 to 12, so this is unacceptable for me.

I really really want this to work for me! I want to be off these narcotics so badly! I want to be pain free, happy, energetic and really just ME! I want to be the mother I used to be! (I feel like such a piece of shit saying that because I’m so disappointed in myself for letting myself get on the narcotics to begin with. I deer with the pain for years and even on the meds, my pain has just gotten worse and worse)

After stalking here for a while, I made an order from In Sense Botanicals. I got two sample packs. So I have 6 oz coming of various strains.

So far kratom has only been good for helping me not get sick when I run out of my pain meds but that’s it. Hasn’t touched me pain or made me happy and more energetic.

I guess I’m here just for a community to stand with, help me with dosing and info ok kratom in general.

From In Sense, I purchased: Green Hulu, Fuzzy Dragon, Gold Maeng Da, KX Premium Blend, Chocolate Malay, White Borneo.

Can anybody tell me if any of these I picked will be good for me?

I made the order last night.

I just want to say, thank you to everyone for being here. I see you all be so helpful and cool. Thank you for any help you can give!

One Love.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Starting my Kratom Journey ? 2 months 2 weeks ago #43045

• Laurie
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7619
Welcome to the best kratom forum ever, Desperado7!

I just finished an introduction reply to another person with an interest in making CHANGE for quality of life. I’ll attach the link here:

Check this out:

www.ilovekratom.com/kratom-forum/introdu...3-kratom-and-alcohol

Kratom is very subtle and you won’t “feel” high or a euphoric feeling, despite what the media hype says.

It’s working perfectly if all it’s doing is keeping you well during your detox. That’s PERFECT!

You gotta be ready for emotions and clarity and stuff. Getting clean is a big deal long after you stop battling the physical side effects.

You’ll find energizing strains by sampling them - what works for someone else won’t necessarily work for you.

Your choices sound GREAT. Energizing and joy are still monumental achievements for us (I have the same disease you have - you have my utmost respect and sympathy on a very personal level).

Those rewards come with STAYING ON COURSE. Impulsive behavior and short term rewards are your PAST until it stopped working ,right?
This is LIFE CHANGING SOBRIETY with some discomfort relief! You’ll be able to do stuff.

When detox subsides a bit and you notice an urge to clean the house, you’ll know you are doing it right!

Stick around and the others will be by to help you settle in, show you your bedroom, toothbrush, etc...lol (kratom is the shitt compared to rehab, that’s why there’s so much propaganda in the news against it. They lose money in rehabs by our doing this AT HOME).

Really glad you found the best kratom forum ever for your journey back to your family. Hang in there. Time stands still during this part. Then the globe spins too fast once you are clean and FREE!

One day at a time.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Desperado7

Starting my Kratom Journey ? 2 months 2 weeks ago #43046

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3280
Hello welcome to the forum! You have been officially welcomed by Laurie :-h

I have provided quick links to some of the basics -

The Blog
www.ilovekratom.com/kratom-news-blog/57-...addiction-to-opiates
The forum discussion
www.ilovekratom.com/forum/the-kratom-use...start=0#.XWwx3yhKiUn
The Kratom guide
www.ilovekratom.com/forum/kratom-discuss...-oldies#.XWwyJihKiUn

We are here to help you through every step. If can be a breeze for some and harder for others. Hang in there. You will get feedback from others who experienced similar situations.
I take Kratom daily for pain management for spinal arthritis but I have limited personal experience from switching off prescription meds. Other have this experience. If the feedback(holiday weekend) is slow I will be back and link more related discussions.

My quick tips
Have enough Kratom on hand to manage withdrawals while switching off. Your dose might be higher than you think this is okay. You need to stay hydrated. Have a good high fiber diet. Consider purchasing a scale.(
insensebotanicals.com/product-category/elecscales/ )

Best
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Desperado7

Starting my Kratom Journey ? 2 months 2 weeks ago #43053

• Desperado7
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you both so much!

Backstory Incase it’s important:
(I was in a bad car accident with my mother when I was 14; head on collision. We were in a little Nissan convertible and hit an SUV head on in the rain. They used the jaws of life to cut me out of the car because the car dash and seat wrapped around me and trapped me on the floor under the dash. My mother slammed on the break so hard, her bone came out of her body 6 inches from her ankle. I broke my arm and have had back pain ever since)

For full transparency, This is not the reason I started drugs. I just made a a lot of bad and careless choices from 13 on. Pills was actually not my drug of choice and I hated them because they made me sick. I was addicted to the more hardcore shit. Not heroin tho. Never did that either. I got clean from everything when I was 16. Well everything except weed. Then at 18 I quit that. Got married a few months later, got pregnant with my first Son 7 months after that and never looked back. Then 6 years ago I lost my dad. After years of saying no to drs with narcotics I finally caved because I couldn’t take the pain anymore. A huge reason of getting clean was because I knew I disappointed my father so much. He was so proud of me for getting clean how I did. Cold turkey and all on my own. Actually the day He took his life is the same day u found out I was pregnant with my third and last baby boy. Once he was gone, I didn’t really care anymore I guess. I wanted my back pain to stop and I guess if I’m being 100% honest, I wanted the pain that I felt from his death to stop too. So after I gave birth and being diagnosed with the PTSD, clinical depression and anxiety, I accepted the Percocet from my back dr & It worked. For a couple years it worked great. I could deal with my dads death because the meds made me happy. The depression meds made me too happy and I didn’t feel that I deserved to be that happy so I would always and still do stop taking them out of nowhere. I’ve gotten off the pain pills multiple times since I started taking them but I always go back because at the end of the day, I can’t deal with my back and now neck pain.

I’ve done so much research on kratom. I do so much research that I have to stop for a few days because it feels like my brain is going to explode from information overload lol I’ve read about people taking supplements to keep the tolerance level down as well as electrolyte supplements.

I’ve learned that the names of strains are basically nonsense lol that what works for one could not help the other. I’m definitely going to be keeping a journal so I know how each one from each vendor treats me. I’m hoping for positive things from the 6 strains I ordered.

Do you guys think with the 6 i ordered (if you tried them from in sense botanicals) could help me with the pain, energy and boosting my mood?

I use to think kratom was bullshit. I would say, there is nothing that cures everything. Then I started reading and researching for myself. I won’t lie, when I come across bad things about it, I get very nervous. For instance, I’m registered with change.org and I received an email 3 days ago from them asking me to sign a petition to ban kratom. It was from a family stating their 22 year old Son purchased a batch from SoCal & after taking some and heading to work, he died. They claimed the coroner said without a doubt the kratom caused his death. I almost order from SoCa right before I got that email. Needless to say, I refrained from that and after reading here, chose In Sense Botanicals.

(I hope I’m allowed to say that here. If not I apologize and that’s no shade on SoCal. My point is just that it made me very nervous.)

Thank you both for such a warm welcome! I really appreciate it!

I’m beyond excited to really start this kratom journey!

I also want to add that since our car accident my mother has been on all kinds of pain meds for almost 20 years now. She too is doing this with me and trying to switch to Kratom. Since my fathers death she lives with me. She’s currently creating a profile on this website :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider, Nan70, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Starting my Kratom Journey ? 2 months 2 weeks ago #43055

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3660
Kratom is one of the best herbal tools out there...thisbleaf can definitely help you with substance issues , chronic pain, anxiety and depression...... give energy and lift your mood ....
It’s a beautiful leaf and while it can’t “Take care of everything “..... it sure does help with a whole lot of ailments and is nothing less than miraculous herb for my life ..

If you continue to use narcotics( pain pills ) and choose to use kratom as well, you won’t experience all the benefits possible... Both kratom and pain killers touch on many of the same brain receptors.... kratom will help you detox from opiates and if you choose to utilize kratom past that... you would down the road feel all that kratom has to give, but everyone is different and results will vary....

I hope kratom is as good for yo as it is for me , saved me from a life of pain and depression....life is a lot more colorful now ... thx to kratom and communities like this leaf one here ...

And welcome to this lovely group of misfits and sweethearts .... there’s no place like ILOVEKRATOM (L)

Hope you find what your looking for , see you around :-bd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Desperado7

Starting my Kratom Journey ? 2 months 2 weeks ago #43056

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Kratom has a higher safety profile than prescription medications. Kratom helps you function and have quality of life. Dependency issues are the same as coffee.

The young man that died in Pa.(My State) The coroner report they refused to release. His tire hit the curb and his car flipped, he had a heart attack. There is no proof that kratom caused his death or the heart attack.
I have a few strains from SoCal. They practice Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP).

Easiest reading about Kratom and the campaign for and against it besides the AKA( www.americankratom.org/ ) is Paul's blog- easy reading and straight to the point www.diabetes-symptoms-magic.com/diabetes-symptoms-blog.html

This aside you have decided to give kratom a chance. For me I have quality of life and function back. I was doing spinal cortisone injections for 20 years. First back surgery at 22. I am 49 now. Taking Kratom almost 2 years now. Along with PT, anti inflammation diet and other botanicals.

Thank you for sharing your story. You overcame so much. Never feel guilty about not wanting to be in pain. There is use for prescription pain medications. We are all entitled to have quality of life. Most people find kraotm because they seek natural solutions, the were forced to taper off pain meds, or their prescription pain meds did not work and are causing health problems. Or like me mostly wanted control of my own pain management. I never did or will ever do a pain management clinic. And to help people off opiates.

Ask about how to taper off narcotics if you need I will of course be back with a link if I find the discussion.

Most Reds are great for pain relief. Relaxing and some more sedating.
Greens help with pain and anxiety. Both Reds and Greens have good mood lift. Unless its a very sedating Red then it just makes you tired best to use to help sleep.
Whites are stimulating and help you focus but can be too much for some people, I am one of them I use them much less often, but they might work perfectly fine for you.
Kratom is subject to everybody's own body chemistry. Many of us will find similarities with strains but I always say we will have 10 great reviews of a wonderful Red and someone will always come along and be the party pooper and it does not do anything for them.

I take Green during the day for work. keeps me on my feet out of pain, and better mood.
Reds at night for unwinding and pain reduction.
Whites I will take in place of coffee maybe on the weekend and sometime I mix it in a Red that was too sedating for me.

Green Hulu- for me- mood lift, pain management, anxiety busting, this one lasts me a good 5 hours. A good gotta get work done strain. I always adjust my doses down with greens(you will not know your dose yet though)
Chocolate Malay- Relaxation, mood lift, pain relief.
White Broneo- mental clarity, I do not get duration of pain relief with whites, maybe 3 hours.

Fuzzy Dragon, Gold Maeng Da, KX Premium Blend - Michele should be able to review these for you if she has time to pop by.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Desperado7

Starting my Kratom Journey ? 2 months 2 weeks ago #43062

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2630
hey desperado!

I think you found us in the nick of time. I started my k journey without the forum navigating with gooble and I got scared too. but I dove in. and the waters great.. lol..but on a serious note I think your selection is a fantastic start and it really will help you.

I just got a bag of the green hulu again cause its one of my favorite greens from them. the bag I got before that was the fuzzy dragon. one of my favorite blends ever. 'bents' typically make me sleepy but with good pain relief that's not a bad thing. after taking the leaf for a bit over 6 months I can blend it during the day and im not crabby.

gold md, I simply love all their golds. good energy but not overwhelming. good focus and pain relief. the kx is a unique and amazing strain too cause its combined with other herbals that they have. and let me tell you their other herbals are amazing! but that we can cover another day.. one thing at a time hehe..

I truly think this journey will help you get your life.. and frame of mind back on track. im not saying you are 'off track' or being judgemental. I want you to be the mom that you want to be. and will be! seriously. and don't beat yourself up for wanting pain relief. I don't care if its physical or emotional or both. we just want to feel 'normal'

im a chef that worked 16 hours on my feet yesterday. with osteoarthritis and pretty bad plantar faciitis. there is no way I could work today without kratom and some herbals and self love. we will get you there. when it comes in let us know if you need help in how much, how to take ect. I personally like to dissolve in good quality juice and let sit for a few min. water chaser. or you can even measure/ weigh ahead of time and if it looks icky and green im sure the kids wont touch it.. lol.. but yeah my doses are too big for toss/ wash. I usually just make a mess. my hubby uses a protein shake bottle but the bubbles make me gassy. anyways im rambling.. happy to have you!so glad you found us..really family like here
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Nan70, Tiggermanscrat, Desperado7

Starting my Kratom Journey ? 2 months 1 week ago #43134

• Desperado7
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Okay! Can I just say thank you again?! And again? And again?!

You guys seriously are awesome!

I honestly didn’t expect to feel this... welcome’s not the right word... I’m not sure which word to use. Maybe “good”?! Again, you guys are awesome!

Thank you for just taking the time from your day to give me encouraging words and love!

I am definitely not continuing the pills! I need this to work and as long as it does, I don’t see a need to take the pills.

There is something I wanted to ask, just last night I found a Kratom/Kava Bar close to my house. Has anybody here tried Kava? Ever been to a kratom/kava bar? This one has over 40 flavors whether it’s ice cream, tea, smoothies etc. I’m super excited to drop by and try what they have to see if I like the kava. This place helped a shit ton of people get off pills and get clean from alcohol! Supposedly once you go, the people become like a second family. They’re open 24 hours a day and always feature some form of entertainment. It’s basically a bunch of sober people enjoying life!

Would kava be okay to use while taking kratom? What is it best for in your experience?

Also, I just got confirmation that my order shipped today! Super excited for it to get here!

Right now I’m taking about 7 or 8 grams, mixed in orange juice, once in the morning and it keeps me good all day until bed.

I’ve heard that headshop/vape store kratom is shit quality. With that said, will I need to be careful when my order from In Sense Botanicals arrives? Should I only take like a quarter of that amount to start?

Michele, you mentioned the KX being mixed with other things. Do I need to be careful with that one and should I only take it at night until I know how it affects me? I can’t be groggy or tired during the day. My boys are off of school today for Hurricane Dorian but tomorrow they’ll be back in and I definitely need to be alert during the day time:when they’re awake.

Thanks again so much for all of your kind and encouraging words! It means more than I could ever express!

Much love!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, michele373

Starting my Kratom Journey ? 2 months 1 week ago #43138

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't have much expereince with Kava. I did try it and I went for a rare top quality one.(PDO 90%)
This is what I know. Most people say it has a reverse tolerance meaning full effects kick in after 3 days of taking. 90% kava has no wait time. I find kava relaxing and one dose last me 2 or more days. The effect I noticed for me was it completely quieted the chatter in my head, not an easy task.
www.ilovekratom.com/forum/kratom-discuss...8255-kava-kava#42651
www.ilovekratom.com/forum/health-and-wel...rom-pdo#.XW70dyhKiUk
www.ilovekratom.com/forum/general-dialog...start=0#.XW71JyhKiUk

I would definitely check out the Kava/kratom bar.

7 to 8 grams seems high to someone like me but not for someone switching from pills and you are only dosing once a day. And this works for you. If the quality you are used is poor and you switch to higher grade kratom your first experience might not be pleasant so it is better to reduce the dose. I am not sure of the amount of reduction since this is out of my experience. A dose of quality kratom that is adjusted too high you might feel nauseous, get a headache, worst case is vomit.

You will get some more guidance soon. Glad you found us, keep us posted on your progress and when you try that kava bar.

I am happy that Dorian will not be as destructive as they predicted stay safe!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere, Tiggermanscrat, michele373, Desperado7

Last edit: by Nan70.

Starting my Kratom Journey ? 2 months 1 week ago #43155

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2630
desperado,

I would try that bar! 24 hours? sooo cool! and you are ok mixing them. might help you alot. I would try it too!

the kx had anti inflamitory herbals and electrolites. I take shilajit from in sense ( 60 % fluvic acid ) gooble that when you have time ( ok not ) its natural rock excretions. super cool and weird but if it works for me its awesome...

as far as your first k experience from insense I would start with 2 or 3 grams. move up from there. and yes most headshop stuff is garbage. I personally wasn't a transitioner but my husband was. but he took a lot and hes a big dude.

the 'average' starter reacts well to 2 to 3 grams as a starter dose. but if that doesn't work after an hour bump it up by a gram. fuzzy dragon and chocolate malay id reserve for I need a good nights sleep dose. I bet you will have it by the end of the week!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Desperado7

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds