07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
Welcome to the I Love Kratom Forum! We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this forum category. Get to know each other and share you common interests.
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: A brief introduction! *Lucky Herbals*

A brief introduction! *Lucky Herbals* 4 weeks 2 days ago #47597

• LuckyHerbals
  • LuckyHerbals's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 74
Hello everyone, just wanted to share a little background about us and our company. Firstly, my name is Ben. I am 38 years old, reside in San Antonio, Texas, and have 4 1/2 beautiful children with my wife, Lindsey! Lindsey is not just my best friend, but she is my business partner. She handles some of the administrative side of the business; all the fun stuff in the background like bookkeeping, taxes, purchasing supplies, plus is the C.E.O. of our large family. She is the glue that holds this crazy household together! Did I mention that we have 4 1/2 children!? Yes, we lead a very busy life! LOL. Our oldest daughter is 9, followed by a 6 year daughter, 5 year old son, 3 year old daughter, and a baby boy that is due in July! My son and I will soon have another little guy on our team, and we couldn't be more thrilled!

Disclaimer: As a vendor, I have to state that I am not endorsing or suggesting that kratom has any medical benefits. This is just a personal testimony about my experience with kratom over the years.

I started taking kratom since summer of 2013, when a close friend introduced it to me. I had been going through a really rough spot in my life at the time, and was under a huge amount of stress; I pretty much felt like I was in a state of mild panic from the time I woke, until I closed my eyes at night. I was working long hours, like 16-18 hour days, had a newborn, and was just so overwhelmed with everything at the time to the point to where it was difficult focus, relax, and just did not feel myself. I lived in a constant state of depression & anxiety. In stepped kratom.. it was an immediate game changer for me. No longer did I suffer from panic attacks, the always-present anxiety lost its daily grip on me, and I felt as though I was able to start living my daily life again with a new found sense of hope and direction. Kratom literally saved me during some of the darkest days of my life.

Flash-forward to 2018. A Leaf of Faith came out on Netflix, and overnight, vendors were being bombarded with thousands of new customers interested in this amazing plant, and the shortage began! During this time, our local vendor of 2 years started supplying us with kratom that gave me what I thought was the wobbles, sweating, and one pleasant side-effect....an extreme "mood boost". Lindsey had gallbladder removal surgery during this time, and shortly after the procedure was asked to come in for lab work. She had elevated liver enzymes... we experienced adulteration from our local vendor that we had been using for the previous 2 years. We immediately stopped taking the Kratom and I began to question my vendor. He stopped responding to emails, and pretty much disappeared. Being that Kratom was a little known, unregulated herbal supplement, we did not know what to do about our situation. To say the least, this experience scared the crap out of us. At that time, we decided we wanted to continue our kratom usage, but decided to acquire it directly from the source so we could have more control over what we were putting in our bodies. I joined a kratom advocacy group on Facebook, and was bombarded by Indonesian kratom hustlers, all eager to send me their best leaf. Over the next couple of weeks, I had what seemed like dozens of conversations with Indonesian suppliers. I was in shock. I had no idea kratom was such a large industry, and that there were so many people selling it from across the world. (During the previous 5 years as a consumer, we only used maybe 4 online vendors and always only bought capsules). At the time, we hadn't even thought of becoming a vendor! We were just interested in it for personal use, and to share with our friends and family. After we experienced the quality of this kratom, and learned how affordable it could be (we only always bought 4-8oz at a time, over the internet) we decided hey, this is really something we could do if we put our hearts into it. And so, in October of 2018, we formed our family business, Lucky Herbals. It was a slow start. Getting exposure, advertising locally, using social media (which was shut down multiple times), were all challenges we faced in our first year in business. We went through several styles of bags and labels, re-wrote labels numerous times to be FDA compliant, hours of research, hours over video and through text talking with our supplier about good manufacturing practices, the importance of packing in a clean room, the dangers of bacterial contamination, etc. We are finally to the point where all we need to be fully cGMP compliant and satisfy the requirements for the FDA and AKA is an actual legitimate cleanroom. We have many goals, and a couple of surprises to share this year, but, that is our ultimate goal for 2020! We thank each and every one of you who has taken the time to read this post, and we truly hope that you give our company a chance. We are what you would call Kratom connoisseurs, and we hope that you will agree once trying our product!! Thank you for those who have warmly welcomed us to this community. We look forward to interacting with y'all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, plantadvocate, CanadianTW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A brief introduction! *Lucky Herbals* 4 weeks 2 days ago #47600

• Usernametaken
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Welcome to the ultimate forum Ben & Lindsey, I’m extremely glad to have you here!! WOW 4 1/2 kids, lol.

I prefer to deal with vendors like you, that is small businesses owned by people who have personally Benefited by the lovely leaf called Kratom.

Thanks for sharing your backstory and what led you to become a vendor. It’s terrible that your kratom was adulterated!! Part of your story resonates with me and hopefully later I will get into a little of that.

For now I just wanted to say thanks for being so pleasant to deal with. As I mentioned in another post we exchanged emails and you were very friendly and easy to deal with. I can’t wait for your restock. I like the amount of strains you carry. Lots to choose from but not overwhelmingly so.

Best Wishes,
Dawn

A brief introduction! *Lucky Herbals* 4 weeks 2 days ago #47608

• plantadvocate
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
Welcome! Thank you for sharing your story :) Glad to see there are more and more legit and good hearted vendors in the industry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Usernametaken, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, LuckyHerbals

A brief introduction! *Lucky Herbals* 4 weeks 1 day ago #47633

• Babel-17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1813
I feel you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, LuckyHerbals

A brief introduction! *Lucky Herbals* 4 weeks 1 day ago #47641

• michele373
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3497
hey ben, linsey and kids!

im glad you are more active here, time permitted of course!

im glad kratom helped you with a positive lifestyle change as it has with many of us. it would be easier for ANY of us to find this magical script that works, is covered by insurance, Dr doesn't bust your stones, and doesn't have many major side effects. but lets be honest that doesn't exist.

im sorry you had health concerns due to kratom. I hope you both are all good now! not that I would want anyone to get sick, but you might not be doing what you love in different circumstances.

thank you for the info on the flash sale. im on a full reset and not working as much right now so buying kratom isn't as wise as this moment. but I REALLY want to try a couple of your greens in the future. if you have even a 10 % off code to use in the future it would be appreciated.

heard so many good things about your products from trusted sources! the fact that your prices are so reasonable its a big plus. I have officially signed up on your site just haven't ordered yet.

if you don't mind me asking ben what did you do before? im a chef at a golf club ( in CT ) and my average day is about 12 hrs. 15-17 is not unusual though. but I am hourly so I can cry all the way to the bank.. lol..

anyways, thank you for your story. we appreciate it. and get ready for the flood! we have a way of bombarding you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Usernametaken, Tiggermanscrat, Babel-17, LuckyHerbals

A brief introduction! *Lucky Herbals* 4 weeks 1 day ago #47654

• LuckyHerbals
  • LuckyHerbals's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 74
We will be running a special restock sale for all our ILK members once we restock. It will be 10% off your order. Details to come soon. We are expecting a full restock by Tuesday!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Usernametaken, Tiggermanscrat

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds