Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC: I went to rehab for Kratom

Bookmark and Share

I went to rehab for Kratom 1 year 9 months ago #5960

• altema00
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I used kratom daily for 8 months. When I stopped I went through terrible opiate withdrawl. It wasn't as bad as heroin, but it was still really bad. The 28 day rehab put me on a suboxone taper just to ease the withdrawl.

Real kratom does not get you high. If you're kratom does you're asking for trouble. I ordered from coastalkratom.com they're a vendor I found on this site. Their kratom gave me an opiate high or let me stay up for two days. Genuine kratom probably wont be harmful as its on the power of a cup of coffee or ginko or melatonin.

Kratom is dangerous, addictive, and can produce severe opiate withdrawl. Like I said, I ordered from coastalkratom.com a vendor on this site (i think they changed their name because they started selling more than just kratom) and I used daily for about 6 months. Kratom abuse is very very real and some of you are going to find that out the hard way.

Jonathan
Woodbridge, VA
New Kratom User
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I went to rehab for Kratom 1 year 9 months ago #5965

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 384
I know the owners of Coastal/Blue River Wellness and I find this accusation very hard to believe. They don't -- last time I looked, anyway -- sell anything but plain leaf kratom, so I will be very surprised if they are selling anything that isn't pure plain leaf.
It is possible to abuse anything, but it is very difficult to develop an "addiction" to plain leaf kratom -- and likewise, stories of hardcore withdrawal should be examined closely for other factors that you haven't so far disclosed.

I think you should present some proof to back up these serious accusations, Jonathan.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coastal-Kratom, Rose76, NW49ERSFAN

I went to rehab for Kratom 1 year 9 months ago #5968

• lerellen
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 234
Hi Altern00,

I was in the process of typing a long rambling comment and was kicked offline; Micheals' is more concise and much better.

I don't know what happened to you but I do know everyone's experience with kratom differs. I'e been using kratom for several months and I take a break once in awhile; so far I have had no withdrawal. Others have different experiences.

A few questions: What was your dose and did kratom have the effects you describe throughout your use? A narcotic-like effect is common which why many people (myself included) take kratom for pain relief. A stimulating strain could keep you up.

Some folks in the rehab field frown upon kratom use and often I think they don't understand it; but use of any mood altering substance is probably not a good idea for those with addictive tendancies.

I've seen the effects compared to those of coffee, but if that were true I think folks would just drink coffee!

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I doubt Coastal Kratom had anyting to do with it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coastal-Kratom, kemppaulh, ChromeDreams

I went to rehab for Kratom 1 year 9 months ago #5970

• NW49ERSFAN
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 71
Wow, that caught me by surprise. I have done a lot of research, plus I am a patient myself of Kratom. I have also been addicted to pain medications for my chronic fibromyalgia pain problems and I also work in the Chemical Dependency field.

And I don't know your whole situation, but it is really hard for me to believe that Kratom would cause so bad of an addiction that in turn you needed a drug like Suboxone. That is a very potent Semisynthetic Opioid drug.

???

Sorry Just with my knowledge, experience, I just cant see using a drug like that or Methadone. I guess I've just never have seen a case of Kratom giving anybody withdrawals anywhere near where you would need that type of treatment.
NO PAIN,NO ANXIETY,YES KRATOM!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coastal-Kratom, kemppaulh

I went to rehab for Kratom 1 year 9 months ago #5971

• michaels
  • Thank you received: 192
This comes across as very fish to me :-?

I see no reason why Altema00 here would want to slander Coastal/Blue River Wellness, but the legitimacy of this story seems off. Why would you be tapered off an extremely light opioid agonist/antagonist with a semi-synthetic opiod, it would work the other way around if anything. I can't wait to see how this plays out B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coastal-Kratom, kemppaulh

I went to rehab for Kratom 1 year 9 months ago #5973

• cybin_spores
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kratom is my friend.
  • Thank you received: 282
It does work the other way around, I went from many different pain pills.. to methadone.. to suboxone, then tapered from suboxone to kratom.. If anything you could just taper off the kratom, not go from kratom use for ONLY 8 months, to suboxone, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
~Jason
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coastal-Kratom

I went to rehab for Kratom 1 year 9 months ago #5975

• NW49ERSFAN
  • Gold Boarder
Hey Everyone!

So this really concerned me yesterday, so I asked a Chemical Dependency physician I know yesterday his medical opinion if he would ever prescribe that type of medication for "Kratom Withdrawal". He said he has not seen very many cases, (now there is I think 1 major point for Kratom) but he said no he would never prescribe a medication that potent for this.

So I just wanted to put that out for everyone. Because that really bothered me when I read that. And if people are having such problems, THAN QUIT ABUSING IT OR AT LEAST GET YOUR WEEKEND PARTING UNDER CONTROL!

Take care everyone!

Justin (L)

I went to rehab for Kratom 1 year 9 months ago #5976

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 384
I agree. We are responsible for the habits we create. If this person felt an opioid-like high from kratom, which they claim to know does not produce a high, they should have weaned themselves of whatever it was at that point.
Kratom is one of the least dependency-producing substances I can think of. I'm not surprised that a rehab center would automatically put this person on subs, because that's the tool they have, which is not to say it was necessary.
Just as "Guns don't kill people, people do," kratom doesn't by itself create an insatiable habit in those who use it recklessly. It requires the person to feed and nurture that habit. That's a psychological dependency, not a physical one. Therefore, it is totally up to the consumer to get hold of themselves.
We must accept responsibility for the habits we create -- and not blame the substance and warn others this will inevitably happen to them. That's weak.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coastal-Kratom, liza, LilyRosemary, NW49ERSFAN, jerBurnz

I went to rehab for Kratom 1 year 9 months ago #5977

• NW49ERSFAN
  • Gold Boarder
Well and I just don't like how were in this fight (that we shouldn't even have to be in anyway right now) to save this herb and this pops up about a "horrible Kratom addiction" that requires to go on a "big time selling Opioid drug"

I'm just saying I'm not going as far as calling anybody a liar but I am saying it sounds a little fishy to me, that is my opinion.

Take care everyone. And thanks Paul!

Justin (L)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coastal-Kratom, lerellen

I went to rehab for Kratom 1 year 8 months ago #6190

• marco14150
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
What type of Kratom were you using/how much? I've been using UEI almost daily (1-2 months)for pain and was without it four days at one point and had some mild WD's but nothing like I had with ope's.

I'm a little skeptical so you need to elaborate
altema00 wrote:
I used kratom daily for 8 months. When I stopped I went through terrible opiate withdrawl. It wasn't as bad as heroin, but it was still really bad. The 28 day rehab put me on a suboxone taper just to ease the withdrawl.

Real kratom does not get you high. If you're kratom does you're asking for trouble. I ordered from coastalkratom.com they're a vendor I found on this site. Their kratom gave me an opiate high or let me stay up for two days. Genuine kratom probably wont be harmful as its on the power of a cup of coffee or ginko or melatonin.

Kratom is dangerous, addictive, and can produce severe opiate withdrawl. Like I said, I ordered from coastalkratom.com a vendor on this site (i think they changed their name because they started selling more than just kratom) and I used daily for about 6 months. Kratom abuse is very very real and some of you are going to find that out the hard way.

Jonathan
Woodbridge, VA
  • Page:
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds