Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC: Flying with kratom (US to Denmark)

Bookmark and Share

Flying with kratom (US to Denmark) 1 year 4 months ago #13070

• Naleek
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I'm going to be flying to Copenhagen soon to meet the girl of my dreams. The only problem is, I'm a fairly heavy kratom user (usually 1-2, six teaspoon doses a day) and getting paranoid about bringing kratom along.

Now, I'm not too concerned about bringing kratom along US airlines. People have done that many times, even for carry on, and it's legal. You can even outright tell them what it is and prolly not get checked.
To my dismay, however, I discovered kratom is illegal in Denmark. Is it worth risk trying to smuggle it into the country? Does anyone know how strictly they check luggages at international airports?

Or should I just suck it up, take a week off kratom (or more, by tappering before leaving), and enjoy having the time of my life with my girlfriend? Even if I'm going to be a nervous wreck (I have a lot of anxiety, unrelated to kratom dependency -- gee doesn't this sound pretentious and in denial.)

Ideas for smuggling include capping the kratom and tossing it into [legal] herbal supplement bottles, swapping it inside tea bags (or pretending it's Japanese green tea powder), or what I'm leaning on, mixing it into foods or baked goods -- my friend has a recipe where she makes a honey-based candy bar of sorts; I'm wondering if I could bake it into something or maybe even mixing it into an instant powder drink like Crystal Lite.

I also found an article with interesting ways to smuggle weed onto planes - www.thrillist.com/vice/how-to-sneak-weed...lane-flying-with-pot . The fake hair brush and pen idea is innovative, but I'm skeptical of it. Especially the pens as I'm afraid that could be seen as a potential weapon.

All opinions would be greatly appreciated. People have recommended loperamide for kratom withdrawal, which I'll be looking into.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Flying with kratom (US to Denmark) 1 year 4 months ago #13074

• zbestkratom
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Woah, this is a surprising post.

I am not comfortable giving any advice on smuggling drugs via an air plane. I am almost certain an administrator is going to delete this post and ban you from the forum, I give it about 5-10 hours, tops. Sorry man.

If the admin okays it, I will give you some advice.
Whitney Segura - Founder, Chief Marketing Officer, and Co-Owner at zBestKratom.com

"Things will come to those who wait, but only things left behind by those who hustle."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Naleek

Flying with kratom (US to Denmark) 1 year 4 months ago #13102

• August Noon
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
It sounds like you have some solid ideas. I've never flown internationally with the exception of Mexico. And they don't give a damn what Americans are bringing in.
#kratomlivesmatter

Flying with kratom (US to Denmark) 1 year 4 months ago #13110

• Naleek
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks guys. I'm sorry if I'm breaking any rules, I was not aware it would be that controversial.

I talked this over with my local kratom dealer and he think the five hour energy idea is the best. He says I could drill a hole in the bottom, swap the contents, and patch it back up with a plastic mold kit. A guy on reddit suggested using an epidermic needle for this, which I think would make it virtually impossible to tell it's been tampered with.

Do you think it would set alarms off at customs if I had an unopened container of motcha tea? I'm thinking about either swapping or mixing kratom powder into that because they look so similar.

I also found out Danish customs won't allow foods imported outside the EU. I think this only includes things like homemade food, not prepackaged snacks and such.
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Naleek.

Flying with kratom (US to Denmark) 1 year 4 months ago #13122

• michaels
  • Thank you received: 193
Hey guys,

I don't feel that it's necessary to delete these posts, as this would have nothing to do with any U.S. affairs and I'm not sure who we could possibly be offending here. I will say that the legislation introduced against Kratom seems to be mostly overlooked by officials, I doubt many police officers anywhere have even heard of Kratom. Nonetheless, a plant substance in your baggage will quite possibly raise a red flag and then further research will be done at that time I imagine.

I would suggest (For your own legal safety of course) that you attempt to find a better option to deal with anxiety for these 7 days. I know it may be hard to accept but keeping your best interest in mind is always important!

I wish you the best of luck

-michael@ilovekratom.com

Flying with kratom (US to Denmark) 1 year 4 months ago #13127

• Naleek
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the laid back reply, I appreciate not deleting the thread.

I've nearly convinced myself I'll go without kratom. I can handle it, I'd rather not, but I'm sure I could do it. I'll be so high on life traveling and spending time with a beautiful woman that the kratom won't do much for me anyways.

It already doesn't do much for me. I could use a break from it. I'm definitely swallowing a big dose at the airport though.

All that said, I do think if I could patch a convincing hole in a plastic container, I don't see how anyone would tell I'm smuggling anything, other than the fact that carrying a tin of tea might be suspicious to international customs. There's no way dogs are going to sniff it, and I read from a public Danish site that there's been very few arrests for the substance.

...I prolly shouldn't tempt myself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abraxas

Flying with kratom (US to Denmark) 1 year 4 months ago #13131

• August Noon
  • Gold Boarder
I don't know about the big dose at the airport thing. You may want to taper off completely. I don't know anything about loperamide, but you wouldn't want withdrawals ruining your trip....
#kratomlivesmatter

Flying with kratom (US to Denmark) 1 year 4 months ago #13132

• August Noon
  • Gold Boarder
Just be careful regardless of what you choose to do.
#kratomlivesmatter
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by August Noon.

Flying with kratom (US to Denmark) 1 year 4 months ago #13133

• Abraxas
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
I'm going to be flying through europe later this year as well. I'd say that you'd be bringing more risk upon yourself by trying to conceal it. I'd just have a small quantity packed in a small unlabeled jar or something. I think you'd get in more trouble for trying to smuggle something, as opposed to just playing ignorant.

That being said, I think trying to go without it might be best. I find that I don't require much if any dose when I'm away from the stressors of the day to day at home.

Have a great trip! =D

Flying with kratom (US to Denmark) 1 year 4 months ago #13134

• Naleek
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks guys. If anything it's nice just having people that can relate to being off kratom. I'm really sure I can handle it and as is I'm leaning on traveling without it. I usually drink a little alcohol when I'm without kratom, so that should pull me through once I arrive to Copenhagen.

To be frank, I'm mostly concerned now about having the shits when I'm without it. Loperamide helps with that right? Does loperamide give any kind of buzz at all? What exactly does it do?

Unlike most people, I really don't get any physical withdrawal symptoms with kratom... it only seems to be green veins and maeng da's that do that to me, and I mostly stick to red and white veins. I'll get the classic restless leg syndrome, a little soreness in my lower back. Taking a ibuprofen or aspirin eliminates this entirely and it never lasts more than a day for me.

It's really all a psychological addiction for me and I get anxious without it (I'm an anxious person by default). Can loperamide help with anxiety? Alcohol will do the trick.
  • Page:
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds