Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)

TOPIC: PDO Kratom Ratings using the PESS Scale

Bookmark and Share

PDO Kratom Ratings using the PESS Scale 1 year 3 months ago #13156

• horizon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I thought this may be a useful thread for some members. Many times people ask 'How good is it"or "what effects does it have". As such, I like to utilize a rating system, PESS scale, to compare aroma of various strains from the same vendor. The key here is the comparison group is of the same vendor stock.

All of the rating descriptions are self explanatory, except possibly 'Side Effects at Low Dose". What that means is, at a comparable dose to another strain, the user may/may not experience wobbles, nausea, and shakes. So a 2 would mean you are less likely to have side effects at a 8G dose vs another strain at 8G, conditions being equal at the time of ingestion.

I was considering adding a 5th category for 'duration of burn' but I imagine that is even more subjective that what I have already(metabolism). (Another good vendor uses a similar type of rating system on their site...worth checking out: Green Leaf Kratom.)

From what I can tell, at this level of burning experience, this is how I would rate the products I have gotten from Pharmacy Drop Out on a scale of 1(weakest) a 10(strongest) using PDO products as a control group. So what I would rate a 5 on PDO thread could be some other vendors 10. So simply stated, this is Apples to Apples.

Red Spiked Indo MD: most hydro-like effect
Pain Relief -9
Energy- 2
Sedation-8
Side effects at low dose- 3

White Horn Borneo
: shorter burn length, very similar to Red Spiked Indo
Pain relief -9
Energy- 4
Sedation-4
Side effects at low dose- 1

Red Fermented Bentu
: Best of these strains for Opioid Recovery and sleep
Pain relief -7
Energy- 1
Sedation-9
Side effects at low dose- 1

Picralina Nitida- Did not work for me and tasted HORRIBLE.

I have experience with Green Leaf Kratom as well. If the community would like, I can add a few strains from GLK and rate those as well. I could rate those with either the control group as PDO or the same methodology as above.

Please feel free to make any suggestions, as I am trying to find another strain to burn that may complete my portfolio of leaves from PDO.

Cheers!
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by horizon.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GOLDA55, Pharmacy Dropout, madmaxnightrider, Kaycee777

PDO Kratom Ratings using the PESS Scale 1 year 3 months ago #13171

• GOLDA55
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 54
Hi, I have taken PDO green raui and always feel differently about it. I would love rating from you. I would love if you added euphoria to your ratings. I would also like ratings from Green Leaf Kratom..Tried them but didn't feel much with the strain I tried. Thanks Golda

PDO Kratom Ratings using the PESS Scale 1 year 3 months ago #13177

• Menthol
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
how about this scale :)

Euphoria 1-10. Energy 1-10. Sedation 1-10 Increase in Social effects 1-10 Painkilling 1-10 Nausea 1-10 Duration 1-10 Speed of onset of the effects 1-10 Mood 1-10 More/less Focused 1-10 Overall Score 1-100
The following user(s) said Thank You: GOLDA55, madmaxnightrider, levonne90@gmail.com

PDO Kratom Ratings using the PESS Scale 1 year 3 months ago #13181

TY horizon, i always like reading reviews from other people. Simple yet informative :-bd

I do like the set up of that scale menthol. It would make coming up with the conclusion score much easier. Except a low nausea score would hurt the conclusion score, and a low sedation score would hurt the conclusion score of a white strain, and a low energy score would hurt a red strains conclusion score, wouldnt it? I may give it a try though on one of my next reviews. You have been reviewing strains longer than i have lol so it is probably worth trying this scoring system. :)
Be not afraid of growing slowly, Be afraid only of standing still.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by levonne90@gmail.com.

PDO Kratom Ratings using the PESS Scale 1 year 3 months ago #13184

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kratom Goes On.
  • Thank you received: 1128
Everybody has a different Rating System. That's what makes each Review interesting. Good Review horizon! :-? Just a thought, I would add a bad side effect scale other than the Nausea like Headache, Dizziness or Wobbles. Also add a scale for how many grams you had to take to get effects from it like lowest possible dosage. You could add some Scales also for the Vendor like Shipping, Customer Service, Prices, Freshness, Quality, Type Of Grind, Just some crazy thoughts. I like your Scales Menthol. I couldn't add much to that list.
If anybody has any Questions about Kratom please private message me & I will be glad to answer as soon as I can.

PDO Kratom Ratings using the PESS Scale 1 year 3 months ago #13189

• michaels
  • Thank you received: 192
Welcome to ILK Horizon,

I don't believe I've seen you around these parts, welcome to the forum. My name's Michael and I'm the mod here at ILK. I like this review and it's for a very good company, Jeff's been involved with ILK for some time now.

Let me know if you have any issues or questions with the site!

-michael@ilovekratom.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pharmacy Dropout

PDO Kratom Ratings using the PESS Scale 1 year 2 months ago #13489

• Ryano
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
Hmmm, interesting way of looking at it, it's awesome to see how different people are, and in there way to rate or describe there vendors kratom, for instance I was always taught to go by body weight, and how I scale strains is by dose and not by the strain as a whole, for example I'll use a scale like menthols but apply it at 2grams,4grams,6grams,8 grams and then end at 10 grams for 1 particular strain/color.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mystickratom
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds