Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)

TOPIC: How long on Kratom before a habit starts?

Bookmark and Share

How long on Kratom before a habit starts? 11 months 2 weeks ago #13190

• Ryano
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
Hey,

For the people that don't know I work on a ambulance, and I run across addicts daily and 3/4 of them I've noticed DONT want to be on there "Drug" of choice, well I used Kratom a few years ago to come off a habit but I've forgotten most of.everything about it, what kind i took, how much, but I do remeber how long "10 week", now for the reason of the post, I've been giving out kratom as a healthy alternative to help pyramid down and getting off there habbits, but there's still alot I need to learn about it, So if you don't mind to share your experience please do but you don't have to if you don't want to, and for the people that post there experience please add 1. How long, 2. How much, 3. Male or Female, 4. Body Weight and height, 5. Age, 6. What type 7. What route, and sorry if I get to personal I'm not only doing this for myself but about 16 people I'm trying to help at the moment.and adding more daily, thanks to any 1 that helps.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

How long on Kratom before a habit starts? 11 months 1 week ago #13243

Hello :) i have posted answers similar to this somewhere in the forums, but i will give you the short version here. :-bd

I tapered my opiate use prior to switching to kratom, from what i have read about cross tolerance i would say this is essential for kratom to work. Then cease opiates, and wait that day till you are getting sick then try using kratom, i started with small doses and worked my way up till i found what dose size i needed. If their habit is bad like mine i found i needed to take it four times a day, four hours apart every time. and only taking the amount needed to keep kratom effective. Everyone will find strains that are the most helpful to them, but they need to have a few ounces of multiple strains in case some dont give them much relief.

For me i could still feel some opiate withdrawal at times, but it was bearable. I have been clean a month or so from opiates using kratom. I have been careful with my kratom use to avoid tolerance and still am using the same dose as when i started, and still get results every time, sometimes it just doesnt last very long.

If they do not wan to take kratom for long term, i would suggest towards the end of the first month clean from opiates using kratom to start tapering their kratom use, and then ceasing use. Then they should be able to use it occasionally without feeling any negative effects when they dont use it.

I have tested to see what happens to me if i take no kratom for a coupl edays. All i noticed was not as much energy, i did have a runny nose, and a mild headache but still very functional and nothing like opiate withdrawal, but thats just me.

SO......
4 weeks, 3-5g. a dose 4 times a day, Male, 140 and 5'7, 25 yo, several different strains but greens worked the best for the withdrawals for me, Toss and wash or mixing with a little OJ.

I was coming off a ten year off and on habit so i was very surprised how effective this subtle plant was. I think tapering prior to the switch is key. And after 4 weeks even without the kratom i have not had to experience the horrible withdrawals i have in the past. I did write a blog post, that is a guide of how i did the switch, it should be posted in the blog section of this site soon. I will make sure to tell you when it does so you can read it and see if it can help what you are doing. Kudos to you man, i try to help others with this myself.

Note- one thing i've noticed for sure , is the people i have let try kratom dont even seem to notice it working at all at doses of 5g. or less if they have not tapered their opiate habit down first. So without the taper they will require more kratom, but that would be very costly so i highly suggest the taper if they are serious about quiting. Hope this helps man, i will let you know when the how to guide gets posted.
Be not afraid of growing slowly, Be afraid only of standing still.

How long on Kratom before a habit starts? 11 months 1 week ago #13244

I will pm you a link to my blog, my guide i used is posted there.
Be not afraid of growing slowly, Be afraid only of standing still.

How long on Kratom before a habit starts? 11 months 1 week ago #13255

• Ryano
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
Hey,

Thank you for posting your results, I know it's hard coming off, and info you add is apperciated, thanks agin.

How long on Kratom before a habit starts? 11 months 1 hour ago #13459

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 729
Hi Ryano and Levonne,
Great question! I have only tried helping someone once. He was male, approx 160 pounds, 5'6'. He was/is a serious alcoholic. He lied to me and said he wanted help getting clean to be able to accept work assignments. I was going to cat sit for him. Supposedly, however I think THAT was part of his scam/routine.
I had never used Kratom for cutting back on booze. I told him that. I gave him one ounce of red indo and suggested he try it INSTEAD OF BEER in the morning hours. "Never MIX the two. If you're going to drink, leave the Kratom alone".
I figured it might be helpful to stay off booze until noon?!
He ignored my instructions and took a teaspoon with his morning beer. He got very ill and threw out the rest of the ounce. Being a scammer, I think karma had some involvement, LOL
However, I decided to NEVER offer it to ANYONE unless they ASK me to help them get off opiates. He is probably very drunk, dead or in jail right about NOW :(
Laurie
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds