21 Nov 2018
Happy Thanksgiving from the I Love Kratom Community!

We wanted to post all the Black Friday Deals that our approved vendors have made us aware of. We have heard that there are a few vendors that are having a tough time staying stocked up. We are confident one of these vendors would love to help you until your vendor is all stocked up again!
Read More...
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: DTeller's Newbie Experience: Reviews and Rambles

DTeller's Newbie Experience: Reviews and Rambles 1 year 6 months ago #19407

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3024

Dcdawn wrote: Newbe here. Just trying to get ideas if on right path ...about how much product, alone or combined, are you downing per dose. I get that everyone is different. Thank you

YES..you have to be willing to experiment in order to get it right.

Starting low and going slow is the best. Some people get good results with smaller doses.

I was using up to 5gm per dose up to 5 times per day (total 25 gms per day) but have just recently dropped that back to 2-3 gm per dose and some days I take it only twice.

After a period of heavy use (for pain) I found that there was no withdrawal effects at all from dropping the dose and taking it less often.

My new physiotherapist has worked such wonders in getting me straightened out that I do not need such high doses anymore.

I am starting to see a future without having to take anything for pain on a regular basis!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kobegirl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong

DTeller's Newbie Experience: Reviews and Rambles 1 year 5 months ago #19409

• dragonteller
  • dragonteller's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 142
GMantheMan: I was surprised, too. I might try it again at a 1.5 g dose to see if the 'less is more' adage is true for me with that one.

BoMalley: I'm so happy to hear that you're having good results with your physio. I haven't used kratom for the past few days because I'm having a little spell of lower-pain days. I have no idea why, but I'll take it. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bomalley

DTeller's Newbie Experience: Reviews and Rambles 1 year 5 months ago #19412

• kobegirl
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 303
Bomalley what's a physiotherapist please

DTeller's Newbie Experience: Reviews and Rambles 1 year 5 months ago #19422

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3024

kobegirl wrote: Bomalley what's a physiotherapist please

" Physiotherapy can be defined as a treatment method that focuses on the science of movement and helps people to restore, maintain and maximize their physical strength, function, motion and overall well-being by addressing the underlying physical issues."

I think perhaps you might know it as Physical Therapy if you are in the USA.

In Canada physiotherapists are part of the health care team. Any PT in hospital is covered under our universal health care system, but in the community you can access the physiotherapist of your choice without a doctor's referral. I have supplemental insurance that covers part of the fee after a deductible is satisfied and up to a certain limit. I have already used up all my insurance benefits for physiotherapy for this calendar year. **sigh** :(

Also in Canada, the entry level requirement for physiotherapy registration is a masters degree, so they are very well educated and skilled.

I am seeing a therapist that works out of an office that specializes in alignment issues and she does manual manipulations and adjustments. They also do Yoga therapy and needling for IMS among other things.

So far she has been able to get my thorax straightened out...apparently my ribs were not evenly "stacked"...who knew?! But that certainly explained why turning, twisting and stretching of my spine was so incredibly painful, deep breathing too.

I am getting MUCH better...so thankful!

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong

DTeller's Newbie Experience: Reviews and Rambles 1 year 5 months ago #19464

• dragonteller
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Review:

Herbal Cafe Mellow Yellow, 2 grams Daytime.

Chatty and pleasant mood, but very little pain relief.

How I'll use it next time: I'll try 3 grams.

Pain: 1/10
Mood: alert but not "buzzed", confident.
It comes on gradually and fades gradually, so I'd call it a medium leg, but you might call it a "slow to come on, fast strain".

Review: Red Hulu Kapuas as Tea, late afternoon, 3 grams

I simmered 5 grams in 10 oz water for 15 minutes, then strained the powder. I'd say the effect was lessened compared to toss and wash. I took 2 grams, then another gram 30 minutes later, so this was a smaller dose than a previous attempt with the Hulu. This was a clean-feeling experience, and I learned that my sweet spot for late afternoon use of the Hulu is 4 grams.

How I'll use it next time: 4 grams, simmered the same way.

Pain: 7/10, for 4 hours
Mood: Calm and focused.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RhapsodyAzul

DTeller's Newbie Experience: Reviews and Rambles 1 year 5 months ago #19752

• dragonteller
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Today I have a rambling review for two strains from Re-Leaf LLC.

First, a word about the vendor: Customer service is top-notch. Shipping was prompt, and I appreciate Joe's willingness to select strains for my needs. I almost felt guilty about how much time he took to make sure I was happy (We had a long email exchange about how the Post Office damaged the package, which was not Joe's fault at all.)

I'm settling in on my own best quantity amounts. I'm finding that 3 g is often right for me for daytime use, and I'm comfortable using two doses a day. Now that I have my daytime baseline dialed in, I need to learn how to use kratom to counter my chronic insomnia, and I need to gain confidence about taking a higher dose later in the day to help sleep.

This review reflects a day when I used a green at noon and a red at 5:30 pm.

Green Aceh- 4 grams Daytime (I used 3 grams, then another gram with an advil an hour later)

This is a steady level-headed, long-lasting strain. Mood enhancement is very subtle-- I felt productive and slightly energized. Pain relief is very good for a green, but I did need just a touch more than my usual amount to get maximum pain relief.

This would be a good working day green.

Pain relief: 5/10 at 3 grams. 7/10 at 4 grams, started wearing off after 5.5 hours. But because it gives such long-lasting pain relief and it plays well with advil, I'll give it an 8/10.

Mood- subtle boost to productivity and energy.

How I'll use it next time: 4 grams daytime with advil.

Red Jong Kong- 2 grams late afternoon

I was feeling the pain relief starting to wear off from the green, so I used just 2 grams red Jong Kong to boost it back up. I probably could have waited longer, but for me and my insomnia, it's best not to take it too late in the day.

I was really pleased with the results I got from such a small dose: excellent long-lasting pain relief with a clean, warm, mellow feeling. It took me a while to get to sleep, but when I did, I slept very well and I woke up feeling refreshed. I look forward to trying the Jong Kong in a larger dose to see if it will be a good stand-alone evening strain for me, in my quest to find a dosage and strain to enhance sleep.

Pain relief 9/10 for at least 5 hours

Mood: comfortable, mellow

How I'll use it next time: Definitely on my list to use to practice with higher quantities for night time sedation/sleep readiness.

DTeller's Newbie Experience: Reviews and Rambles 1 year 5 months ago #19947

• dragonteller
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Re-Leaf LLC Red Natuna

This one is pure pain relief. I've used it three times now. I haven't noticed any mood enhancement, energy boost, or relaxation. It's just pure pain relief, and that's a very welcome thing. I needed just a touch more than my usual amount--- 3.5 grams instead of my usual 3 grams.

I also see great possibilities for using this strain as part of a blend, as a way to boost pain relief when combined with a green that's good for productivity or cheerfulness but lacking as an analgesic.

How I'll use it next time: 3.5 grams on its own, or 50/50 with a green, good for any time of day.

Pain Relief 8/10, for about 3 hours.
Mood: Nothing at all, which can be a really terrific thing.

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds