21 Nov 2018
Happy Thanksgiving from the I Love Kratom Community!

We wanted to post all the Black Friday Deals that our approved vendors have made us aware of. We have heard that there are a few vendors that are having a tough time staying stocked up. We are confident one of these vendors would love to help you until your vendor is all stocked up again!
Read More...
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Timing, number of doses, and eating

Timing, number of doses, and eating 1 year 5 months ago #19654

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2560
I noticed the protein shakes really help. Also avocado with salad and pretzels for lunch really helps. Or fruit with peanut or almond butter. All of that healthy fat DOES HELP. It's those BIG MEALS I gotta watch if I'm already struggling with pain. I have muscle relaxers as a back-up for when I need a bigger meal, but I find kratom generally makes me automatically eat healthier without much thought and effort. Do you guys notice that as well?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaycee777, MickeyW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Laurie

Timing, number of doses, and eating 1 year 5 months ago #19655

• MickeyW
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 50
It's hard to say. Between financial strain and massive fatigue, feeding myself can be an issue. I usually prefer a healthier diet but that requires cooking or prepping a lot of the time in order to be affordable & I'm often too crashed to do that. I have noticed that my outrageous carb/sugar cravings are more manageable than before. I do allow myself a treat of 1 pint of ice cream or gelato once every other week and it's not set up a craving that led to a relapse of sugar addiction. Had not considered that the kratom could be a help but it's very possible. I'm able to stick to a high fat, moderate protein, very low carb diet most of the time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Kaycee777

Last edit: by MickeyW.

Timing, number of doses, and eating 1 year 5 months ago #19656

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2560
Interesting...I wonder if your sugar addiction has been moderated due to kratom use?! I'm with you, not running away from ice cream, but eating it less often (I can knock back an entire gallon after a good hit of medical marijuana - I hope diabetics aren't getting a medical marijuana card! The stuff is NOT healthy for diet management! lol).

Laurie
Last edit: by Laurie.

Timing, number of doses, and eating 1 year 5 months ago #19659

• MickeyW
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Could be the kratom. I know when my pain is not controlled I am prone to smoke more and eat more junk. Might be the pain control or just something about the kratom, itself. I hear you about the medical MJ. It's definitely not for weight loss :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Timing, number of doses, and eating 1 year 5 months ago #19667

• dragonteller
  • dragonteller's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 142
I definitely think disordered eating can come from chronic pain. It's like the body is searching for something because something is wrong. Unfortunately, sometimes I feed myself something carby or sugary hoping to get comfort. Since kratom helps with pain, it is reasonable to think that it might help knock down how appealing carby sugary stuff seems, because when pain goes down, comfort-seeking goes down.

Another thought is about sleep. If I get good sleep, I'm much more likely to eat right. When pain keeps me up all night, I tend to want/crave carby comfort food the next day, even though I know I'll feel better if I stay with less processed, more balanced food.

Timing, number of doses, and eating 1 year 5 months ago #19683

• MickeyW
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I agree. I have 3 chronic conditions which all cause pain and severe fatigue and 2 cause sleep disturbances. Going for the sugar was common practice especially while I was working cause it was always around at the hospice agencies where I worked. In the short term, it could provide some endorphin release & a shot of energy to keep me going. Of course with the downside of increasing chronic inflammation.

Sleep is somewhat better since I'm no longer working and I don't have a schedule. Basically, I can sleep when I get sleepy and that results in, at least, some sleep most days.

I had zero symptom control when I was working. Would not take opiates while on the job in case of an accident and drug testing. Even with legal Rx's, being found with them in my system after an on the job injury or accident would have caused problems even though they did not affect my functioning. I didn't know about kratom back then. Heck, I might have been able to work a few more years if I had.

Definitely have better control of my diet since finding it.

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds