21 Nov 2018
Happy Thanksgiving from the I Love Kratom Community!

We wanted to post all the Black Friday Deals that our approved vendors have made us aware of. We have heard that there are a few vendors that are having a tough time staying stocked up. We are confident one of these vendors would love to help you until your vendor is all stocked up again!
Read More...
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Grapefruit juice and kratom not a good combo for me...

Grapefruit juice and kratom not a good combo for me... 1 year 5 months ago #20002

• Jasmin
  • Jasmin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 170
Of course, I can't be sure, but I think grapefruit juice freed up something in kratom that I'm allergic to. I thought I'd share here in case someone else wants to experiment with it. I had already read to burn less kratom at first when trying this, but allergic reactions might be another reason to take it slow.

I burned some kratom that I had tried before and was fine with, but this time I soaked it in grapefruit juice. Later I got a tightening sensation in my throat and increased saliva production. It wasn't scary or anything, just uncomfortable. I had this same reaction to sprouted lentils a while back (took me forever to figure out why I was drooling then!) and now know to take benadryl to make it go away. Nothing else in my daily routine had changed except for the grapefruit soaked kratom.

So if you're going to try this, you might want to use a smaller amount and have an antihistamine on hand. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaycee777

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Grapefruit juice and kratom not a good combo for me... 1 year 5 months ago #20013

• Kaycee777
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 217
That was thoughtful of you to mention this here. What you describe is what I encounter when eating eggplant. I get a tightening in the throat area and an itchy feeling in my mouth. Obviously, I stay away from eggplant. The thing with kratom that I have found is it can open up blocked sinus passages caused by seasonal allergies and even make the sometime severe symptoms diminish in intensity. Kratom does so many positive things for the health and wellbeing that it never ceases to amaze and delight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dragonteller, Jasmin

Last edit: by Kaycee777.

Grapefruit juice and kratom not a good combo for me... 1 year 5 months ago #20024

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
That's interesting about the sinuses! I wonder what other new things I'll discover. =)

Grapefruit juice and kratom not a good combo for me... 1 year 5 months ago #20038

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3013
Try the grapefruit juice WITHOUT the Kratom and see what happens.

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong

Grapefruit juice and kratom not a good combo for me... 1 year 5 months ago #20048

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Will do... I've had this brand before though. Maybe it's bad.

Grapefruit juice and kratom not a good combo for me... 1 year 5 months ago #20153

• MickeyW
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 50
I suspect the grapefruit juice but if you've had it before...? It is possible to allergic to substances at any time. If you do okay on the juice, I wouldn't mix it again. Many medications should not be taken with grapefruit or grapefruit juice due to a substance in it that can synergize the effects and/or slow the amount of time (increases the 1/2 life) it takes to metabolize.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasmin

Grapefruit juice and kratom not a good combo for me... 1 year 5 months ago #20154

• Jasmin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I drank some juice without kratom and had no problem. It could have been anything, but I'm not going to be mixing my kratom with grapefruit juice again. :)

Grapefruit juice and kratom not a good combo for me... 1 year 5 months ago #20155

• MickeyW
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 50
Good plan! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasmin

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds