Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC: No Effect From All Newly Ordered Kratom

Bookmark and Share

No Effect From All Newly Ordered Kratom 2 months 3 weeks ago #21242

• LittleBelle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
I think this is strange. I have been using kratom for several years and each time I receive a new order, I do not get any effect until after several uses of the kratom I ordered. This happens every single time I receive an order. It can be a new strain from the same vendor, the same strain, but a new batch, from the same vendor. I buy only from recommended vendors. I realize that each of us reacts differently to different strains and sometimes a particular strain won't do anything at all, but I react to all new orders like this. I am a daily user and when this happens, I don't feel so good until I go back to a strain I have been using and slowly introduce the new strain that I purchased. I don't understand this. It is like reverse SSS. I have never heard of this happening to anyone else. Any thoughts out there?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

No Effect From All Newly Ordered Kratom 2 months 3 weeks ago #21243

• GOLDA55
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 54
Hi, I also have been using kratom for several years, and it is funny how this is almost the exact same thing that is happening to me. I take my usual dose from my vendors that I have been using a long time, (different ones) and I never can count on when it will work or not. Sometimes I feel everything I expect and from the same batch I get nothing..or it lasts a very short time. I have been very disappointed, and have no clue what is happening. It makes me feel better that it is not just me, but still upset that I cannot count on my kratom working when I need it. ???
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, LittleBelle

No Effect From All Newly Ordered Kratom 2 months 3 weeks ago #21251

• Laurie
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 1113
I have similar problems with unpredictability. But I had the same problem with opiates. Sometimes they didn't do squat and I didn't change anything to cause it. I run into batches that do NOTHING ZILCH NADA. Put them away in my closet for 4 or 6 months and try again and go, "wow! Why haven't I been using this one all along?" It's frustrating.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: GOLDA55, LittleBelle

No Effect From All Newly Ordered Kratom 2 months 3 weeks ago #21260

• LittleBelle
  • Fresh Boarder
duplicate post deleted
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by LittleBelle. Reason: duplicate

No Effect From All Newly Ordered Kratom 2 months 3 weeks ago #21261

• LittleBelle
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I'm glad I'm not alone! I also wind up putting something ineffective away for a few months and taking it out again to find it works great. This is indeed a strange plant (or we have a strange reaction to it). Other than the obvious, the worst part is trying a new vendor. Is it bunk or is it me? With new vendors, I try a strain alone - no effect. Try a higher dose - no effect. Try a lower dose- no effect. I try blending with another strain (blend recommended by others as great), no effect. Per reviews, all of these new vendors and strains are giving great results. Why not me? I frequently give up on new vendors because after spending money on 1, 2, 3 orders I just cannot justify spending any more money. It is so frustrating and makes me very irritable. I really wish someone had an answer as to why this happens. Most people consider their first the best. Not me!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, GOLDA55

No Effect From All Newly Ordered Kratom 2 months 3 weeks ago #21262

• Laurie
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 1113
Not me, either. I STILL can't plan ahead with confidence. Try asking for samples only from now on to try more without SPENDING A FORTUNE. It helps
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: LittleBelle

No Effect From All Newly Ordered Kratom 2 months 3 weeks ago #21273

• Area1255
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Your opioid-receptors are probably downregulated/less sensitive.
This may sound odd, but try supplementing with Cayenne pepper, it enhances endorphins and makes the Kratom work again - particularly if you are in good enough shape (not crippled) to run - which stimulates more endorphins!
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Area1255.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, GOLDA55, LittleBelle

No Effect From All Newly Ordered Kratom 2 months 3 weeks ago #21277

• LittleBelle
  • Fresh Boarder
I am willing to try the cayenne pepper. Would it be okay to stir it into some water (or maybe grapefruit juice)? Also how much do you suggest using and how often? Would it be used at the same time the kratom is used? If this works it would be great! Thanks for the tip!

No Effect From All Newly Ordered Kratom 2 months 3 weeks ago #21279

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 963
This is EXACTLY why the mainstream medical community will not accept a medicinal herb like Kratom ie the results are not accurately predictable or reproduce-able in a wide variety of people.

I have been having "one of those days" where the stuff is just not working for me (pain management). I am starting to think that the effects of Kratom are significantly influenced by the user's emotional state. This is the ONLY thing that makes sense and would explain why results are so variable not only across populations, but also with the same individual user.

We have very little knowledge about the influences of our emotional states on our physiology and I offer this only as my BEST GUESS. I am not aware of any evidence to support it.
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by bomalley. Reason: typo correction
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, GOLDA55, LittleBelle

No Effect From All Newly Ordered Kratom 2 months 3 weeks ago #21280

• Area1255
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
LittleBelle wrote:
I am willing to try the cayenne pepper. Would it be okay to stir it into some water (or maybe grapefruit juice)? Also how much do you suggest using and how often? Would it be used at the same time the kratom is used? If this works it would be great! Thanks for the tip!

You could drink it. Many would have a problem with that due to its spicyness, and sometimes acid reflux happens with Cayenne taken in liquid.
Forgot the sources!
--> A Perk of Our Evolution: Pleasure in Pain of Chilies
--> Bioavailability of capsaicin and its implications for drug delivery.
--> Capsaicin may have important potential for promoting vascular and metabolic health.
--> Beta-endorphin in the brain. A role in nociception.
--> Biological Activities of Red Pepper (Capsicum annuum) and Its Pungent Principle Capsaicin: A Review.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Area1255.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, LittleBelle
  • Page:
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds