Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:

TOPIC: dosage

Bookmark and Share

dosage 2 months 1 week ago #21514

• vfabio1193
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Mitragyna speciosa - Maeng Da Thai Kratom Capsules (White Vein)
Quantity - 28 grams (1oz) i just buy this ....but i wonder ....i'm 6' 6''.....305 lbs power lifter....the dosage Capsules is the same....then a normal regular guy?....please let me know..
..just for not to waste in wrong Capsules dosage....
.thanks and have great day.... :-h:-h:-h:-h
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

dosage 2 months 1 week ago #21531

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 963
We could give you more precise information if we knew WHY you are taking the Kratom. What effects are you seeking? Energy? Pain Relief? Help with opiate withdrawal? sedation vs stimulation? support for mood disorder like anxiety or depression?

Starting dose is usually suggested at 2 Gms BUT could be more or less depending on your opioid tolerance and the effects you are seeking.

Best advice is to start LOW (under 2Gms) to see how you tolerate it and then adjust the dose more or less to get the best effects with the lowest dose you can.

It is a bit of an experiment.
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, vfabio1193

dosage 2 months 1 week ago #21540

• dragonteller
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 133
Dosage for kratom doesn't go by body weight.

As Bomalley says, your dosage will depend on what you want it to do.

Generally, 1.5 g of Maeng Da is a good place to start. It's allegedly stronger than other strains. With other strains, I'd start with 2 grams. After 40 to 60 minutes, add another 1/2 gram to 1 gram if you aren't feeling effects yet.

I keep a journal of my kratom use. I jot down the effective dose of each strain, because each strain is different.

dosage 2 months 1 week ago #21560

• vfabio1193
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello.....is......Energy and Pain Relief.....thanks for ur answer.....but about my body weghit?.....do u know make a different betwen 150 lbs guy and 6'6'' ..305 lbs ...???

dosage 2 months 1 week ago #21561

• vfabio1193
  • Fresh Boarder
.....thanks for ur answer.....but about my body weghit?.....do u know make a different betwen 150 lbs guy and 6'6'' ..305 lbs ...???

dosage 2 months 6 days ago #21582

• dragonteller
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 133
I have seen tiny women need 5 grams of kratom for energy. I have seen 225 pound men fall asleep on 2 grams.

Dosage depends on strength of product, tolerance, and each body's way of metabolizing the alkaloids.

It happens with other medications, too. I gave an 800 mg ibuprofen to my 6'4" friend. He fell asleep on the floor. My husband is 250 pounds, 6'3" tall. He will get great pain relief and he will fall asleep on half the amount of norcos or percocets it takes for me to feel any pain relief.

dosage 2 months 6 days ago #21584

• vfabio1193
  • Fresh Boarder
thank you for ur answer....i got the pills today are 600mg..... i take 10....6 g.... i feel nothing at all....was in the mornig after 8hr sleep empty stomac....... i tray the podwer before nothing.....that why i was wonder about body wrght and size.....i tray 6 different vendor.....from hig rate from buyer ...nothing.....is possible is just not work for me at all...
same with pain killer....i take 5 10/325 norco......''nada'' ..nothing at all.....
any sugestion???
thanks so much anyway.have great day

dosage 2 months 5 days ago #21586

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 963
I hope I am understanding what you are saying...

IF you are getting no effect from Kratom OR opiate pain killers... then it stands to reason that your body's opioid receptors have developed a high tolerance. What this means is that they are not as sensitive to the alkaloids as they once were and larger and larger doses are required to get the same effect.

The ONLY way to down regulate that is to give your body's opiate receptors a rest and go without for a while.

It may take months but eventually your tolerance will come down.

Sorry I wish I had better news. Anyone who has used opiods for a long period of time has struggled with this effect.

This is precisely the reason that opioid use is usually not successful for long term pain management and is NOT recommended as best practice in the field of chronic pain management.

AND it is also precisely the reason WHY Kratom must be used responsibly and knowledgeably.
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."

dosage 2 months 5 days ago #21592

• vfabio1193
  • Fresh Boarder
hi there....but the funny think is i need use opiate pain killer....that was an example when they give me 5 Norco and don't work..... that why i put my fate on Kratom...... and i was think about all body size and weghit...... i'm in good shape for be 305 lbs and 6'6''.....i'm 50 years old .... i have alot pain because i was former olympian for my Country so i been train all my life.... but know with age all pain are bad ..... i just use for keep doing what i do ...work out .... work.... and have normal life.... so any sugestin will be great ..... thans for take time to answer me..... have great day...
p.s.
again ..sorry for my english

dosage 2 months 5 days ago #21602

• Laurie
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 1113
WELCOME TO THE BEST KRATOM FORUM EVAH, vfabio1193.

First, you must get your tolerance down. You may find better relief from kratom extract products IN THE SHORT TERM, but the problem of high tolerance only goes away one way, abstain from opiates.

Like BoMalley said, sorry for the bad news.

I hope you consider quitting the opiates versus the extract route, because extracts are also addicting and will ruin your chances of benefitting from the leaf, which can be very helpful in the long term with no problematic addiction issues (compared to opiates).

Let us know how you're doing.
Laurie
  • Page:
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds