21 Nov 2018
Happy Thanksgiving from the I Love Kratom Community!

We wanted to post all the Black Friday Deals that our approved vendors have made us aware of. We have heard that there are a few vendors that are having a tough time staying stocked up. We are confident one of these vendors would love to help you until your vendor is all stocked up again!
Read More...
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: To all you "toss and washers".........

To all you "toss and washers"......... 9 months 3 weeks ago #25485

• JimBeamMeUp
  • JimBeamMeUp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
All I have to say is that you guys are most definitely a rare breed!!! I've been dabbling in Kratom for a couple of months now and I finally decided to dive into it a little deeper and made my first purchase of actual powder form Kratom the other day. I've been buying prefilled capsules from an online vendor,and while I've been pleased with the results so far, I figure I'm getting more value for my money to just buy it in powder form. I've had the opportunity to try several different strains from yellow,red,green,and white vein Kratom so I decided to purchase 30 grams of various strains now that I feel I have found my sweet spot dosage and figured out which strains were more effective for me.

Well I've read from several of you guys how bitter and disgusting this stuff is......but NOTHING could prepare me for what I was in store for!!!! Now I can handle just about anything when it comes to food,but this stuff......I don't even have the words to express the horrid taste! I decided to go with the toss and wash method after carefully weighing out 3 grams of Red Vietnam,and first off, this stuff adheres to whatever surface you put it on,and does not like to free it's grip. The miniature scale I purchased would not hold more than a gram safely in the small included plate that rests on the scale so I eventually found a plastic shot glass I had in my cupboard which sufficed perfectly. I attempted to use a small plastic spoon to place about a quarter of it on my tongue and I about spit it out everywhere. Eventually I grabbed a small bathroom cup and poured a little kratom at a time into the cup from the shot glass and filled the rest of the cup with water. I went thru about 40 ounces of water before I finally got all of it down!! I can still taste it when I burp. I may have to rethink purchasing kratom in powder form and just bite the bullet and pay a little extra for capsules lol. You guys are tougher than a Waffle House steak for being able to toss and wash this stuff. Any tips any of you could share to make this more manageable would be greatly appreciated !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

To all you "toss and washers"......... 9 months 3 weeks ago #25490

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3024
I put a small square of wax paper on my scale and measure onto that.

I NEVER put dry powder into my moth.

Sprinkle the dry powder onto the surface of some water in a glass and let it sit until it is all dissolved. This will take about 5 - 10 minutes depending on the amounts of water and powder.

Then you just give it a swirl and knock it back. It is a bit like drinking muddy water!

You can also make your own capsules...very economical.

Glad to see you are staying well hydrated!=D>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, JimBeamMeUp

BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong
Last edit: by bomalley.

To all you "toss and washers"......... 9 months 3 weeks ago #25491

• cybin_spores
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kratom is my friend.
  • Thank you received: 471
Like Bomalley said, you can make your own capsules. Buy empty capsules on Amazon and fill them up yourself.

You could also try putting some Kratom in a small glad ware tub with a lid and shake it, if you don’t want to wait for it to dissolve. Or you could try the same with orange juice instead of water, it masks the taste more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, JimBeamMeUp

~Jason

To all you "toss and washers"......... 9 months 3 weeks ago #25492

• JimBeamMeUp
  • JimBeamMeUp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Duly noted,guys. I will without a doubt experiment around til I find something that works for me. Orange juice does sound intriguing and I've also read mixing with Apple sauce sometimes helps. I will say this much though, ingesting it directly instead of thru capsules definitely sped up the time it took to feel the effects so it was somewhat worth it

To all you "toss and washers"......... 9 months 3 weeks ago #25497

• roadieratonga
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 651
I just put a teas spoon in my mouth ( dont breathe ) and then put in some luke warm water in, then swish it around like mouth wash then swallow. Then add more water, wash then drink the rest.
Pretty painless IMO. I find mixing it with stuff like orange juice makes it taste far more undesirable than just plain water.

Also when you go over a teaspoon you will have less space for the water and get dry crap against the tonsils or through the nose which can be annoying and the warmer the water, the quicker it mixes in there. Haven't had a issue in over a year since.

“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.”

To all you "toss and washers"......... 9 months 3 weeks ago #25498

• PhillyCheeze
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 330
To tack on to one of Roadie's points - when you breathe through your mouth in process you will suck light particles down your throat and things will turn into Cough City.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, roadieratonga

To all you "toss and washers"......... 9 months 3 weeks ago #25506

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight For Kratom! Don't Let Them Win!
  • Thank you received: 2409
It does take a little getting used to Tossing & Washing. The Taste is just Horrible at first but once you do it long enough you won't even taste it anymore. I always take a Swallow of Water first in my Mouth & hold it, Then put the Kratom on top of the Water in my Mouth & then take a Bigger Swallow of Water & then Swallow it Fast. That's always how I've done it for 8 years & I never have any Trouble. I can tell you that Kratom can be very messy if you ever spill it. You can use Orange Juice to Mask the Taste.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, StarWarsForce, roadieratonga

If anybody has any Questions about Kratom please private message me or make a Post & I will be glad to answer as soon as I can usually within 24 hours if not sooner. I'm usually on really late at night Between Midnight & 5am.

To all you "toss and washers"......... 9 months 3 weeks ago #25523

• Teeswaran
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 453
I take a small, capped jar (like a spice jar or an empty, clean prescription bottle), use a bit of Emergen C, my measured Kratom dose, small amount of water, cap, shake, drink and keep filling the bottle with water, drinking until it is clean.
The Emergen C is fizzy, so just a small amount is good.
Sweet, vitamin b, c and electrolytes + Kratom = easier to get down for me.
These days, I have two empty script bottles to use because Kratom has helped me control my chronic pain.
Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, bomalley

This is all just a dream .... Gen Mondrub
Last edit: by Teeswaran.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds