21 Nov 2018
Happy Thanksgiving from the I Love Kratom Community!

We wanted to post all the Black Friday Deals that our approved vendors have made us aware of. We have heard that there are a few vendors that are having a tough time staying stocked up. We are confident one of these vendors would love to help you until your vendor is all stocked up again!
Read More...
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: So curious

So curious 2 months 3 weeks ago #31171

• Cattycakes
  • Cattycakes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Hey guys I have been doing a ton of research for over a week now about kratom for opioid withdrawal. I have found amazing stories about how it has saved so many people's lives. I have already decided to try it for me and my husband to get off our opioids and get out lives back. However coming across the conflicting stories about how it's so addictive that it is giving people worse withdrawal symptoms then opioids is so confusing to me. I am just wondering why some people experience with kratom is so far from the life saving plant I have read about. Is it that they are just abusing this drug, taking it to get high? If so I can understand that. If you are abusing something then no shit your going to have withdrawal is my opinion. But why do you think some people are having such different experiences? It's so hard to believe that a plant with so many benefits can cause worse withdrawals then herion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

So curious 2 months 3 weeks ago #31176

• catspaw1955
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 173
well to begin with i have run out of my kratom caps. before and i never had any w/d, except like not having coffee a little bit...i also take oxycodone....i started the kratom 5mos ago and wow! it works great....it helps with pain, and depression, and i have no w/ds from oxy. when i am taking the kratom...my advice is to get a sample pack thru one of the reputable dealers on this site and give it a try, i take red vein capsules myself.....so good luck dear.....catspaw1955

So curious 2 months 3 weeks ago #31178

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2566
There are no guarantees you won’t be in slight discomfort or worse after quitting kratom. We all metabolize so differently, no experience is precisely the same as someone else’s.

I’m ‘dependent’ on kratom. I use it moderately to get the best help with pain and depression. When I don’t take it, I get slight chills/sweats.

Confusing because I also have peri menopausal sweats/hot flashes.

I choose dependence on a plant over addiction to pills that can be fatal if used inappropriately.

You’d be wise to NOT BURN BRIDGES to your opiate supply while you experiment with kratom. At least TRY IT? Dependence/addiction will not occur nearly as quickly as it does with opiates.

But. Kratom is not predictable as far as guaranteed effects for guaranteed length of time. It’s a good deal of work and constantly changing as plant products change according to growing conditions in Indonesia, your metabolism versus mine, what you eat has an effect, etc.

Pills are much less work. Good luck with your decision, either way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: catspaw1955

Laurie

So curious 2 months 3 weeks ago #31184

• Cattycakes
  • Cattycakes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Thank you for your insight guys. For me the decision has been made days ago, from day 1 actually. The brain will always be dependent upon anything used for pain. That's just how to brain works as far as we know. So if I need to choose between earth and man made I will choose earth. As far as I've read I am not scared or turned away from kratom because of the withdrawal because I have already decided when and if I get off kratom I will be tapering how ever long I need to. Who know maybe this will be the key my brain has needed this whole time and correct all the ailments I have been self medicating for in the first place and I won't ever need to get off it. I just can't wait to try and pray it will work for me I just don't want to be chained to a drug anymore so to me it's a no brainer it's just so interesting lol.

So curious 2 months 3 weeks ago #31186

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2566
I also have “mystery” ailments.

Kratom helps A LOT with mystery pain.

It’s a complicated journey, but I think you might enjoy the ride the way I have.

Be sure to get a small amount of a variety of strains and if possible, get them from 2 of the APPROVED VENDOR LIST vendors you can trust.

Needs are constantly evolving. You’ll find your own positive and negative responses will also change over time.

I find the leaf very helpful for physical pain and emotional state improved - in most cases.
The following user(s) said Thank You: catspaw1955

Laurie
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds