08 Dec 2012
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND...
A few months ago we asked some of the Approved Vendors to offer some discounts to our community. A lot of them graciously did. We have been asked to bring those discounts back. The following vendors would like to share the love for this forum with you. I know we all appreciate it.
Read More...
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Your favorite strains for depression?

Your favorite strains for depression? 4 weeks 2 days ago #31836

• CrayDumb
  • CrayDumb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 43
This is my primary use for kratom. What strains have worked the best for you guys for depression?

I’ve noticed that chris’ Green Malay lives up to the hype.
White Maeng da’s help as well. I’m looking for good reds now so I have a rotation of white, green, and red on deck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Your favorite strains for depression? 4 weeks 2 days ago #31838

• Laurie
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2429
I’m mostly watching this thread for my own selfish reasons, lol.

I’d like to add, I’m test driving some SIMILAR BUT NOT supplements from LAUGHING LION.
Matt has created an herb he named kratox. Hate the name, but I find the addition of that AND his product he carries like it called HAPPY DAYS are helpful for my serious depression issue. I cannot rely on them alone because of pain and dependence on kratom. At a buck a pill, I’m spending ALOT as I use 2 of each supp every 3-4 HOURS. They will be my add-on during better financial days.

The combo is very similar to a good Green Malay with regard to mood. They don’t touch pain BUT I bet they DO for newbies not wishing to rely on kratom. At least temporarily, I suspect some analgesic properties are in the kratox due to the ingredients inside (see laughinglionherbs.com for more info on these).

EDIT: I took 2 of each this AM and was able to wait an hour to use kratom. These would work in a kratom disaster, if money is not an issue. I will be buying more when able! I recommend they be tried by anyone with mood lift issues/depression.

Please do continue to post on best RED for mood lift! I have to use red strains and they lift my mood by relieving my pain somewhat. But a red strain for depression would be AWESOME POSSUM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teeswaran, CrayDumb

Laurie
Last edit: by Laurie.

Your favorite strains for depression? 4 weeks 2 days ago #31843

• CrayDumb
  • CrayDumb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 43
Thanks for sharing that, Laurie.
Can you give more info on the benefits of that new combo? You compare it to a green Malay, but is there any distinguishable difference?

Your favorite strains for depression? 4 weeks 2 days ago #31848

• Laurie
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
Good question! Yes, but. In my case, I get the mood lift I normally can’t get with any kratom strain alone anymore. I also use kanna daily (a natural SNRI herbal supplement) for my depression and STILL probably SHOULD BE on an SSRI except for my numerous bad side effects from that whole line of medication options. These supps from Laughing Lion do HELP. But. The HAPPY DAY one has a seriously addictive ingredient: phenibut.
I’m disappointed in that, because phenibut is extremely addicting to the point of dangerous (hello Scott Gottlieb! Ban phenibut if you are wishing to ban dangerous supplements). I won’t buy that one because of that ingredient only. The difference is not terribly distinguishable in the sense that I feel it working. That doesn’t happen. But I think it WOULD BE QUITE EXTRAORDINARILY distinguishable for non everyday kratom users. I cannot FEEL kratom any longer. Been years now. I felt it soon after ingesting from 2014-2016 due to moderate/infrequent use. I DO feel when kratom/kanna is wearing off! I’m not watching the clock wondering when I can take more. But I just ate lunch, for example. My back is now KILLING ME. Eating knocks kratom to the curb in my experience. Upon redosing with kratom, my pain will vanish quite subtly. It’s not distinguishable for me, either. I don’t get suddenly happy and ready to rock. So I think another person with less kratom experience WOULD notice these supps!

Sorry for going on and on..hopefully this is helpful. I am low on green strains right now, so I’m using Red Bali from In Sense Botanical for my pain and only these supps for mood lift today.

I plan to write a similar review on these supps in the proper place (under VENDORS, Laughing Lion), but you inquired about mood lift and I struggle to stay above just breathing in and out some days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teeswaran, CrayDumb

Laurie

Your favorite strains for depression? 4 weeks 2 days ago #31853

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1192
For me Yellow strains are giving the most mood lift. but the duration is shorter than Greens or Reds
For Reds from Insense its Red Hulu and Red Papua.

From Re-leaf Super Red Kindra
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran, CrayDumb

Your favorite strains for depression? 4 weeks 1 day ago #31860

• Teeswaran
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 446
Hello, All -
It has been a moment since I posted. :)
The summer went by in a deep depression after losing my dog.
My shrink put me on a very, very low dose of Prozac which has helped, but I am ready to stop.
All I have wanted to do is sleep.
With the rainy, cold gray days we have been having, it is seriously difficult for me to harness any energy.
I am feeling better depression-wise, but would like to find a Kratom that takes care of the depression AND gets me up and moving without pain.
I have been relying on Gaia's White Horn - which is good, but there is a point when it just stops now and becomes sedating. Pink Bali has been good, but my stash has dwindled.
ANY suggestions are welcome.
Nan70 - what vendor did we use for the Pink Bali? I cannot find any of my receipts.
Thank you all - it is good to be back.
Best,
T
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

This is all just a dream .... Gen Mondrub

Your favorite strains for depression? 4 weeks 1 day ago #31872

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1192
He tees :-h
Good to hear your depression is lifting.
I honestly had some anxiety surrounding my pet after your horrible event with your beloved family member.
He needed his teeth cleaned and my veterinarian had to put up with a barrage of questions.
I wish you and family the very best and I hope everyone is doing well.

Unfortunately KRK-Naturals do not stay opened. His Pink Bali mix is no longer.
I put some aside for "occasions".

I like Re-leafs Super Red Kindra- uplifting fast Red.
And Pa botanicals Yellow Borneo right now for mood lift if I am trying to compare them somewhat to the Pink Bali.

And Green Kali from Re-leaf- total day strain though, if you need strong the Super Green Kali is all that its a little too much for me.

Your favorite strains for depression? 4 weeks 1 day ago #31878

• Thefrogshateme
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 593

Laurie wrote: I’m mostly watching this thread for my own selfish reasons, lol.

I’d like to add, I’m test driving some SIMILAR BUT NOT supplements from LAUGHING LION.
Matt has created an herb he named kratox. Hate the name, but I find the addition of that AND his product he carries like it called HAPPY DAYS are helpful for my serious depression issue. I cannot rely on them alone because of pain and dependence on kratom. At a buck a pill, I’m spending ALOT as I use 2 of each supp every 3-4 HOURS. They will be my add-on during better financial days.

The combo is very similar to a good Green Malay with regard to mood. They don’t touch pain BUT I bet they DO for newbies not wishing to rely on kratom. At least temporarily, I suspect some analgesic properties are in the kratox due to the ingredients inside (see laughinglionherbs.com for more info on these).

EDIT: I took 2 of each this AM and was able to wait an hour to use kratom. These would work in a kratom disaster, if money is not an issue. I will be buying more when able! I recommend they be tried by anyone with mood lift issues/depression.

Please do continue to post on best RED for mood lift! I have to use red strains and they lift my mood by relieving my pain somewhat. But a red strain for depression would be AWESOME POSSUM.

I looked it up as you were writing. It's a full on caution www.aspenridgenorth.com/blog/is-a-phenib...n-coming-to-america/

Your favorite strains for depression? 4 weeks 1 day ago #31880

• Laurie
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
Absolutely Frogs. Matt’s creation, KRATOX does NOT contain phenibut.

A similar herb he SELLS does. Called Happy Days.

I enjoyed them both. Won’t buy the HAPPY DAYS again because of that one ingredient, but kratox is nice and I hope to buy some.

THANKS for posting on the hazards of phenibut.

EDIT: WELCOME BACK, Tees! You’ve been missed
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teeswaran

Laurie

Your favorite strains for depression? 4 weeks 1 day ago #31881

• charlesmoore
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
Generally the stimulant doses of Ktatom strains like Maeng Da from coastlinekratom.com, or Indo strains would tend to give you more energy and drive to do things, whilst the higher doses of Bali and Borneo strains are better suited for analgesia. Thai Maeng Da may offer you a balance of both.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Teeswaran, CrayDumb

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds