07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Please help: used Kratom for opiate detox

Please help: used Kratom for opiate detox 4 months 6 days ago #33464

• dothedew
  • dothedew's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have used Kratom before years ago and my previous experience with Kratom didn’t seem to effect me as what I am going through now. I am not here to bash Kratom I am here simply seeking help. I have had troubles with opioid addiction for many years and I have followed proper channels and went through an outpatient detox using Suboxone. I tapered down on my Suboxone intake but was still experiences some pretty intense withdrawal symptoms. It’s a personal issue but I am terrified of Withdrawal and at work I have to perform at 100% otherwise I could lose my job. So I wanted to be off opioids 100% and made my switch back onto Kratom as I had a good experience in the past or so I thought. Previously it was in between Suboxone refil visits now I am just taking Kratom. To subside most of the effects I am taking two teaspoons every 2-3 hours. I have been dosing for the last 3 weeks and when I wake up from a nights sleep I wake up with all the classic symptoms of withdrawals. I attributed that maybe it was still from the Suboxone but I was taking 1-2mg of Suboxone a day, if I stuck with it I probably could be completely independent from it now. But now I am having similar withdrawal intensity as when I was taking Oxycodone on a regular basis. I know everyone reacts differently to such substances and I am not chasing a high. I am trying to be 100% clean but keep my job as well. I will not be able to take a vacation for another 2-3 months so I simply can’t take a week or two off from work to let it pass. I have tried reducing how much Kratom I invested but within hours I get again some pretty intense symptoms. What am I doing wrong? I have 3 different vendors, I have switched strains every day. I feel worse then when I was taking the Suboxone. Again I am not here to bash it, not here looking for a high, I am looking for experienced people that can truly help me get away from my addictions. Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please help: used Kratom for opiate detox 4 months 6 days ago #33465

• jayisk
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 237
i never knew about kratom to help with withdrawals so i weaned off using subs. not sure about your current issue with kratom.., a more exp. user of kratom can help youu there as i'm knew to it. but as for subs.
its easiest to wean subs down to 2 mg. People or docs think that is the proper dosage to come off subs at.
When in reality it is from 2 mg down that is the hardest part getting off subs.
This is how i weaned of subs and had NO withdrawal symptoms this way.

Day 1: 12 mg/day
Day 6: Reduce dose from 12 mg/day to 8 mg/day
Day 11: 4 mg/day
Day 16: 2 mg/day
Day 24: 1.50 mg/day
Day 31: 1 mg/day
Day 39: 0.75 mg/day
Day 45: 0.50 mg/day
Day 51: 0.25 mg/day
Day 56: 0.13 mg/day
Day 60: 0 mg/day
Note: This is just one tapering model. Length of time and cutback amounts will vary patient by patient.

i'm not a doctor or medical professional. this is just my personal exp. with subs.

Last edit: by jayisk.

Please help: used Kratom for opiate detox 4 months 6 days ago #33466

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1871
Hello "dew" welcome to the forum,
Since this is not my experience with Kratom I can't give much advice but in case this has useful information for you I will refer to this thread www.ilovekratom.com/forum/the-kratom-use...start=0#.XBg9rWhKiUk

We have a number of members who experienced a taper down off Suboxone I hope they see this and can advise.
Some thoughts-
I am not sure you need to rotate strains while you are tapering.
On average Reds seem best for withdrawal symptoms.
Stay hydrated.

Hopefully someone will be along with needed advice. Check the topics in "introduce yourself" I think a read a few that are having similar experiences. If I can find these topics I will post the links.

Wish you well

Please help: used Kratom for opiate detox 4 months 5 days ago #33468

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 3343
Welcome to the best kratom forum ever, dothedew.

Your post sounds like a serious panic attack. That is a good sign that you are doing it right!

Every cell in the body must regenerate besides the eyeballs AFTER the SUBS are gone for months not weeks. Many former opiate users got roped into the longest withdrawal ever = subs

Your brain is panicking and trying to get you to use SOMETHING.

You should check into a safe anxiety symptom treatment for this panic attack stuff to stop trying to derail you.

Keep posting please and cut the dew and caffeine as much as possible. Your BP and heart rate are likely off the charts. That’s not the introduction of kratom. Kratom is still needed as often as it’s needed. You can get off kratom much easier than the subs.

Take self care seriously. Your health cannot tolerate long spells of panic.

Are you sleeping much or AT ALL?

Wishing you the best as you are on the right road but it’s a longer hike than 3 weeks. You are just getting to the hardest part. Be strong and come talk ANYTIME about how frustrating it is.

Although I typed a lot, I will step aside and LISTEN and pray you get some anxiety relief ASAP (a symptom of sub withdrawal).

Hugs from all of us here...
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somethingsacredgoinonhere

Last edit: by Laurie.

Please help: used Kratom for opiate detox 3 months 3 weeks ago #33593

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3295
what strains are you using?

How much are you taking? 2 tsps is somehere around 5 grams, depending on how finely ground the powder is and whether you are using a level or rounded teaspoon. Hopefully you are using a measuring spoon NOT a regular spoon for stirring tea.

I think if you had a better idea of the strains to use and the dosing was more precise you may have more success. HOWEVER, there are no gaurantees that you will not experience any withdrawal symptoms at all (DARN). AND if you are dosing every 2-3 hours through the day, you cannot expect your body to go through an entire night without expecting some satisfaction for the empty opiate receptors.

I see it has been more than a week since your request for help, so just wondering how things are now?
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong

Last edit: by bomalley.

Please help: used Kratom for opiate detox 3 months 3 weeks ago #33596

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 627
Hey there dew, I quit taking antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds cold turkey… Which I don’t recommend to any buddy as it’s really hard to do that but if I had to do it again I would’ve taper down which it sounds like that’s what you’re doing with the Suboxone, for me taking crate I quit taking antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds cold turkey… Which I don’t recommend to any buddy as it’s really hard to do that but if I had to do it again I would’ve taper down which it sounds like that’s what you’re doing with the Suboxone, for myself taking kratom gave me confidence in getting off my meds, literally in the first week of using this herb I decided to be done with the meds I was on. First I started dropping the antidepressants... 3 days of shaking, and being sick, way worse than my previous experience getting off of pain meds, way worse. I was taking 10 milligram Norcos 5-7 x a day for 1 1/2 years and one day decided to stop, I was tired of the dependency even though my reasons for taking it was very justifiable..major chronic pain....

After getting off the antidepressants a week later I stopped taking my anxiety medication, it’s been over a year and with my Kratom regimen I’ve stayed away from any relapse of depression and my anxiety levels are what I’d call closer to normal than they’ve probably been since I was a little boy,

I really my story to give you courage that it can be done, with your kind made up and determination to do this, song with some strategic planning,

It’s a scary thing to embark upon but going through this kind of experience will give you more know how to 1) not get back to that spot ever again & (2) a more empathetic and knowledgeable aspect in being a better person who is able to truly live with more mindfulness and love for life,

It’s nice to not feed the monkey on the back,

I’d imagine some quality green maeng da and some potent red veins would help you through the process

Get moving around, distract yourself when struggles pop up and observe the struggle/ pain as if you were watching someone else go through it , breathe and move and know this will all pass

Good luck!! You CAN DO IT!!!!

We are here to encourage and support your efforts and struggle the best we can

Much love

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds