07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: How long does everyone wait to eat after dosing

How long does everyone wait to eat after dosing 2 months 1 week ago #33866

• fladreaming
  • fladreaming's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Like the subject line says. Im wondering how long everybody waits to eat. Ive noticed eating seems to lessen the effects.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How long does everyone wait to eat after dosing 2 months 1 week ago #33869

• Laurie
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 2946
As long as I can! It requires a whole redoing of kratom use AFTER eating, and you never know if you’ll get that same result again after the meal.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: aurora77

How long does everyone wait to eat after dosing 2 months 1 week ago #33871

• Nan70
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1634
One hour after an empty stomach. With greens they hit me hard with 20-30 minutes on an empty stomach and I will wait another 30 minutes and have something small to eat and it helps level out how I feel.
I read that fatty(healthy fats)food helps kratom's absorption.

Food does not effect duration for me only onset.
If I have a meal then wait and hour or two before I dose with kratom it will be an average of 40 minutes to feel effects. As my meal digests I feel the dose strengthening.
Wonder if this is just me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider

How long does everyone wait to eat after dosing 2 months 1 week ago #33875

• Jazzfan1
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 347
Fladreaming, I always want to take my morning kratom on an empty stomach from the night before. I feel like that is the best expeience of the day. Yeah, eating food will affect your kratom experience. I always want to take my evening kratom before I eat dinner. Other than that just take good care of yourself. Good Luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

How long does everyone wait to eat after dosing 2 months 1 week ago #33881

• Somethingsacredgoinonhere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 439
My experience has been that depending on what I’m eating , sometimes eating after dosing has little effect or interference with potency, sometimes for me I’ll dose 10-15 minuets before eating and can even feel like it’s very strong... maybe if the meals have good fat content this might be the reason.. idk, other times I will wait 3-4 hrs after dosing, not because I’m worried about lack of strength but because I’m working and the time between breakfast and lunch can be a chunk time ...

If your hungry eat , but 1-3 hrs after dosing seems to be a good rule of thumb in my experience
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, madmaxnightrider

How long does everyone wait to eat after dosing 2 months 1 week ago #33887

• gmantheman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 737
It seems that med/hvy meals slowdown the faster strains but seem to help the slower more relaxing strains. My morning pre-workout concoction is coffee, 3-3.5 grams of kratom, protein powder, coconut oil and sweetener. I use monk fruit or stevia. The protein powder and oil do not really affect the kratom in fact it may help it a little more.

How long does everyone wait to eat after dosing 2 months 1 week ago #33889

• fladreaming
  • fladreaming's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
For me it seems that when i eat really takes tbe effects away. And i havent found the right time to dose again after eating. I usually take 1st thing in am and try to wait a hr or 2 before my coffee. The problem i have is ill put off eati g and before i know it i skipped all the way to dinner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Somethingsacredgoinonhere

How long does everyone wait to eat after dosing 2 months 1 week ago #33894

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3188
I try to schedule things so that there is no food until at least 30 - 40 minutes after taking Kratom.

I do that because I have found that it takes that long before I start to feel the effects of the Kratom so I know it has been absorbed.
BEV

#humboldtstrong
#torontostrong

Last edit: by bomalley.

How long does everyone wait to eat after dosing 2 months 1 week ago #33904

• madmaxnightrider
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Fight For Kratom! Don't Let Them Win!
  • Thank you received: 2673
I either eat food with Kratom or at least an hour after. You have to give it time for the alkaloids to be absorbs so that the food don't lessen the effects. Most of the time I wait at least an hour & I eat about a half of a meal. That's how I stay so Slim.:pinch: Then after I eat I wait at least 30 minutes before taking another dose & the dose will be small because the food is still being digested so I don't want to waste a full dose of Kratom.

It can take some Trial & Error & lots of Experimenting to get it right because everybody handles Kratom differently. Sometimes Kratom works better with Food but most of the time it works best on an Empty Stomach. If you do take food with Kratom make sure it is a small amount so it don't overpower the Kratom's effects because it will just be a wasted dose if you take it with a full meal.
If anybody has any Questions about Kratom please private message me or make a Post & I will be glad to answer as soon as I can usually within 24 hours if not sooner. I'm usually on really late at night Between Midnight & 5am.

How long does everyone wait to eat after dosing 2 months 1 week ago #33909

• curiouskratter
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
Do you really notice that it lessens the effects or does it just spread them out over time?

I haven't tested it long enough, but it seems like many times it just ends up spreading it out over a longer period of time.

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds