07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Kratom and Possible Diabetes Reversal on Neuropothy - Coincidence?

Kratom and Possible Diabetes Reversal on Neuropothy - Coincidence? 6 months 1 week ago #38011

• kratering
  • kratering's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 542
Been on Kratom and a strict Keto diet for around 2 months and think that I'm seeing reversal for Diabetic Neuropothy.

I noticed that for the past weeks my Feet especially my toes have been hurting. A lot of nerve pain.

Then I examined myself closer and found that the numbness and tingling in my right foot is pretty much gone. The left foot has much less numbness but where all the pain is. So I think that what I'm seeing is pain caused by nerve regeneration.

Has anyone else had this type of experience?

Don't know if Kratom has anything to do with it aside from helping me to keep a strict low carb diet, but it is interesting.

On Kratom my hunger is reduced and I have less cravings for sugary foods.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kratom and Possible Diabetes Reversal on Neuropothy - Coincidence? 6 months 1 week ago #38022

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7565
Paul, our head moderator is very familiar with this topic. I’ll have him weigh in on your thoughts. This is GREAT TO HEAR!
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: kemppaulh, Tiggermanscrat

Kratom and Possible Diabetes Reversal on Neuropothy - Coincidence? 6 months 1 week ago #38028

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 1089
Kratering: Kratom is used as an herbal remedy in Thailand to treat diabetes, among many other conditions. One research study, published in PubMed.gov shows that kratom tea helps to reverse insulin resistance in muscle cells -- and insulin resistance is the key problem for most Type-2 diabetics.

I've written about diabetic neuropathy here: www.diabetes-symptoms-magic.com/diabetic...opathy-symptoms.html

What I think you're experiencing is an improvement in blood flow to those small blood vessels that serve the nerves in your feet, as well as the blood sugar now being able to nourish the nerves again. Those nerves need energy to function, just as all our cells do. Now that they are beginning to get the blood sugars they need they can stop hurting and begin to function as they should.

I'm not sure how the ketogenic diet affects this process, but I'd assume the ketones must be allowed into your nerve cells (to provide energy), either by insulin or some other mechanism.

So, it sounds like you're experiencing the best way to fix the neuropathy problem -- first correct the insulin resistance and kratom reportedly helps.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, rickarilla

Kratom and Possible Diabetes Reversal on Neuropothy - Coincidence? 6 months 1 week ago #38050

• kratering
  • kratering's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 542

kemppaulh wrote: Kratering:

I'm not sure how the ketogenic diet affects this process, but I'd assume the ketones must be allowed into your nerve cells (to provide energy), either by insulin or some other mechanism.

Basically before I was on this diet my Blood Sugar was spiking in the 200s and staying in the high 100s.

With just eating ketogenic my Blood Sugar is at 120s to 135 and after a meal spiking to around 150 or 160.

The diabetes is under control my body is no longer attacking itself. It will be interesting to see what my next A1C will be.

So aside for whatever positive effects I get from Kratom, I have the root cause of the degeneration (High Blood Sugar) under control.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Last edit: by kratering.

Kratom and Possible Diabetes Reversal on Neuropothy - Coincidence? 6 months 1 week ago #38083

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7565
This is some of the most exciting benefits of the leaf! I also have better blood sugar/it’s more regular instead of spikes. When I took the stem n vein break from leaf use, my blood sugar was very unmanaged.

I am not diabetic. I could FEEL the difference quite noticeably.

This wonderful news could put your diabetes in remission, right?
Laurie

Kratom and Possible Diabetes Reversal on Neuropothy - Coincidence? 6 months 1 week ago #38085

• jayisk
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 490
Not sure about Canada but the criminals in big pharma in the U.S. have been jacking up the price of insulin and supplies that diabetics need to live.

No reason given. there is no law currently against pharma jacking drug prices by absurd amounts just to make a bigger profit.

Making insulin more expensive you have people forced to lower their dose or skip doses altogther. Which either puts them in the hospital with srs medical complications or kills them.

Nice people.

I've mentioned before that i am a type 2 diabetic and have been able to lower the amount of insulin i am taking since using kratom. also my finger sticks show that i am not having big spikes in my blood sugar.
Interesting to see my next A1C the next time i get blood work done.
Kratom has also lower my resting heart rate and my blood pressure.

There are at least 10 or more positive things that kratom has done for my psychical and mental health which i never expected.

I started out just looking for something to help with insomnia and mentally get me through the day. Since my brain is out of wack from the decades of drugs, meds, and alcohol. Started when i was 13 yrs old and i am now 47. not many days in that period was i not ingesting something either for medical/mental issues or to get high. Thought i would never feel o.k. again.
What a wonderful plant!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Last edit: by jayisk.
  • Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds