07 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

Over the last 7 years this forum has grown exponentially. With your help, We have created a community of Kratom enthusiasts to come together and discuss the industry. The traffic that this site has received has been exciting but also overwhelming. All the while the site grew a little out of date. Over the last few weeks we have updated the platform of the Forum as well as the face of the forum. CHECK OUT THAT NEW LOGO!!! sweet right?!

We could use your help though...
Read More...
General discussions regarding Kratom and related topics.
(No Vendor or Promotional Material Please)
  • Page:
Bookmark and Share

TOPIC: Is that even possible???

Is that even possible??? 4 months 3 weeks ago #39166

• Gibson
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 82
Kinda makes one wonder why Dr. Oz and Gwyneth Paltrow are walking around...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat, Robie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is that even possible??? 4 months 3 weeks ago #39168

• Robie
  • Robie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1122
Hello jay, Tigger, Nan, Laurie and Gibson! Forgive me if I left anyone out? I hope all are well? I was wondering the same thing last week about this forum being "monitored" and came to the conclusion that it most likely is monitored! If the powers that be had 2 brain cells to rub together, then yes, they should be monitoring. We also VOTE. We, this forum, demonstrate that people with varying philosophical beliefs, political beliefs and life experience etc.... VOTE. It would serve our congressional appointee's (that's ALL they are It's by no means permanent) well to take a lesson from this forum! From where I sit the folks who are acutely attuned with the pulse of the nation ARE on this forum!

And Gibson? I can't answer for Gwyenth the poor child. It must be exhausting to have invented eating, sleeping, breathing air and child birth etc... all before the new millennium!!!

Be blessed everyone!!

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Last edit: by Robie.

Is that even possible??? 4 months 3 weeks ago #39171

• Gibson
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
She and Oz would crack me up if they weren’t so serious about it! :)

Robie wrote: Hello jay, Tigger, Nan, Laurie and Gibson! Forgive me if I left anyone out? I hope all are well? I was wondering the same thing last week about this forum being "monitored" and came to the conclusion that it most likely is monitored! If the powers that be had 2 brain cells to rub together, then yes, they should be monitoring. We also VOTE. We, this forum, demonstrate that people with varying philosophical beliefs, political beliefs and life experience etc.... VOTE. It would serve our congressional appointee's (that's ALL they are It's by no means permanent) well to take a lesson from this forum! From where I sit the folks who are acutely attuned with the pulse of the nation ARE on this forum!

And Gibson? I can't answer for Gwyenth the poor child. It must be exhausting to have invented eating, sleeping, breathing air and child birth etc... all before the new millennium!!!

Be blessed everyone!!

Robie

Is that even possible???/Now med advice and forum monitoring 4 months 3 weeks ago #39173

• Littlebear3
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 278
I do agree that no one should be dispensing medical advice. I would think any forum monitoring would be from over-enthusiastic local or state governments. I've worked with FDA professionally, and I do believe most of them are truly concerned about public safety. A lot of damage has been done by those with good intentions, but limited understanding.

The issue of medical claims is something every seller of herbs and/or suppliments has to navigate. Many people have the desire to help, but we have to understand the limits of our knowledge. Nature is enormously complex, and even highly trained professionals don't necessarily have answers. But if we share knowledge responsibly and with a disclaimer, we should be fine. Words have meaning and it is wise to be careful in our communications.

I do worry about the future of Kratom. Stories about people abusing it worry me. Just as I am worried about YouTube videos people post about the horrors of Kratom withdrawal. One common theme in these is the huge amount these people were using. If someone is starting at 10 or 15 grams a couple times a day, I question how much they really looked into Kratom before trying it. How do you gag that much down, any why? Granted, I've only ever taken a couple grams. To me, it is not a high, I get a slight mood boost (similar to coffee), and pain relief.

Like anything stimulant, depressant or other substance, someone will find a way to concentrate it to get a high of some sort. It is that sort of thing that will get Kratom banned.

Historically, many substances started out being used for medicinal purposes, including alcohol and morphine. But then it all goes wrong. I just hope reason prevails in the Kratom discussion. With the opiate scare, I worry about people suffering chronic pain. Where do they turn? There is no need to suffer constant pain, and I see no virtue in anyone trying to legislate on this issue.

For addiction, I do believe part of the issue is irresponsible prescribing. Any doctor should know how to taper a patient off of these medications safely, and provide support as needed. Substance abuse is as old as human history, but I believe that it is rare that people look to solving the underlying issue when banning and legislating is relatively easy.

That's my two cents on this.

Is that even possible??? 4 months 3 weeks ago #39179

• Gibson
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Er, this ain’t my post. What happened?

Gibson wrote: This issue is serious. That’s why I posted a reminder to everyone to not give medical advice and do not ask for or provide personal health information on private messaging.

After I posted that yesterday, oddly, I was “yelled at” on Facebook messenger by a young fellow who has a newborn baby being treated with morphine. He was going OFF about how I banned him and the mother of the baby after giving them the thumbs up to take kratom during pregnancy.
None of this was true, obviously. We take this issue very seriously. He finally asked which forum I’m from (he said he was frantically contacting Admins on various kratom websites out of frustration from being “blocked”). He then referred to screenshots of discussion on another kratom forum and I SAW THE POSTS clearly stating, “it’s fine!” “Go ahead!” and “I used kratom during my entire pregnancy and everything was fine” etc...

Thankfully I didn’t even get remotely concerned about our members possibly having done that because we are not so foolish as to recommend ANY advice on pregnancy. We just have not done that. This was a serious REMINDER that we cannot have such advice being given by ANYONE, not just vendors.

I’d like to take this opportunity to REMIND EVERYONE that it’s NOT RECOMMENDED that private health conditions be shared on private messaging in exchange for advice. We are NOT QUALIFIED to give ANY medical advice and DO NOT provide your health condition on private message in exchange for advice. Do NOT ask for medical advice. It’s NOT acceptable in private messaging or public forum posts.

I didn’t bring this issue to attention because we have not had such activities attempted on ILK. The new father apologized for “yelling” at me about what occurred on another forum entirely (he was desperately anxious to convey his story to those who advised him and the new mother. He also said he accepts some responsibility for taking such advice without thinking it through). This couple was definitely seeking ANYONE who would suggest it would be harmless. BUT they FOUND this advice on a very commonly known kratom discussion forum.

Thank you for bringing the topic up without EVER giving medical advice.

I’m not feeling well this afternoon and this is not my best written material. I can say I’m extremely proud to be a part of this forum. Y’all are wonderful and it was very reassuring to already KNOW he had us confused with another forum.

I will post if I hear any more about how this new family is doing.

Laurie

Is that even possible??? 4 months 3 weeks ago #39180

• Laurie
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 7281
No idea, Gibson. Wondered the same thing.
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggermanscrat, Robie

Is that even possible??? 4 months 3 weeks ago #39181

• Robie
  • Robie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1122

Laurie wrote: No idea, Gibson. Wondered the same thing.

I'll bet you it's Qwynth Paltrow!!!

Be blessed!

Robie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Tiggermanscrat

Is that even possible??? 4 months 3 weeks ago #39182

• Tiggermanscrat
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • AKA Don
  • Thank you received: 1323
Maybe it’s HAL9000 again. (Twilight Zone music in the background) :woohoo:
My Grandkids say I’m a cuckoo head. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Robie

• Page:
Moderators: kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds