Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General discussion regarding the very popular topic of Kratom Extracts. Again, many members new and old would appreciate your input so feel free to start a topic with your Opinions, Questions, Preferences or Experiences.

TOPIC: .

Bookmark and Share

. 2 years 4 months ago #2392

I own and operate www.pharmacy-dropout.com We have the United States leading supply of bulk and retail Thunder God Vine. We also have Kratom, and other exotic botanicals. All of our Products are sold with no intent on use, and are not sold for consumption.
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Pharmacy Dropout.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Methanol vs H2o 2 years 4 months ago #2399

• Douglas168
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 49
I would not do a methanol extract unless you can be certain that there are no residual solvents left in the final product. You may also start with a methanolic extract and then do a solvent exchange with a non toxic solvent that has a higher boiling point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: maengdamania

. 2 years 4 months ago #2402

I own and operate www.pharmacy-dropout.com We have the United States leading supply of bulk and retail Thunder God Vine. We also have Kratom, and other exotic botanicals. All of our Products are sold with no intent on use, and are not sold for consumption.
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Pharmacy Dropout.

Methanol vs H2o 2 years 2 months ago #3330

• nbarton138
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have never had good results with water. Using pure grain everclear I have had great results but it does tend to stay kinda gooey unless you can do a vacuum purge. Otherwise the gummy tar is the great medium for a tincture. I have found great results using isopropyl alcohol (91-99%), vacuum purging, scraping up whats the resin and repeating the process. The resulting product will be very clear and almost resemble shards of amber glass. I have recently aquired a large amount of propylene glycol and was wanting to make a tincture from it but don't know how well kratom's alkaloids are absorbed in the solution. Has anyone tried this or have scientific data to confirm how soluble kratom's alkaloids are in PG?

Methanol vs H2o 2 years 2 months ago #3350

Thank you for your input.

Yes, I have heard of people doing this. The last time I heard about it, it ended up in a disaster and the AKA went on the defense. Thank god. There are Kratom e-cig liquids out there, and I've heard bad stuff about it. I wish I could tag Paul, I bet he could remember that person on the donation site better than I can, who was asking for 12,000 grand or something to pay for the medical fees of her disaster with E-cig Kratom.

I'm not sure if it was PG though, it could have been veg or something. One of my life-rules is, a smart person learns from their mistakes, but a smarter person will learn from someone else's mistakes. I would never try vaping Kratom alkaloids, that would put the plant in danger also and I won't do that.

The reason for my post here, is that it is possible to make actual Kratom incense from the tar that I initially spoke of. People claim it's sold as incense, but it's not actually used for incense, but that's wrong, it can be done. I also have some rejected Kratom sitting around, which has slowly been accumulating and I wish to do something with it instead of throwing it away. It seems like such a waste. . . . . .

Ethanol vs H2o 1 year 7 months ago #6846

If you use vacuum filtration, you should not get a sticky resin. Mine comes out as a big hard slab, it gets sticky when it starts absorbing moisture

Methanol vs H2o 1 year 7 months ago #6847

my ethanol and water resins come out identical as far as visually. The only difference is the alkaloids they grab. Water resins tend to be less potent and more stimmy, ethanol resin gets more of a full profile...but I find I get best results with a combination of both.

I have some stuff a buddy made for me in a lab, it is a true 10x which is the strongest I have ever had. Any time I ever bought "30x" from a vendor it was 2x at best.
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds