Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General discussion regarding the very popular topic of Kratom Extracts. Again, many members new and old would appreciate your input so feel free to start a topic with your Opinions, Questions, Preferences or Experiences.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tolerance/Should I Switch to extracts?

Bookmark and Share

Tolerance/Should I Switch to extracts? 1 year 5 months ago #9251

• Cori177
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Hello, this is long, sorry I'm kind of thinking aloud
. I've been using fine ground kratom daily for a little over a year. It got me off suboxone, it helps deal with opiate cravings. (I've been off suboxone for that long, but my mind always wants a little warm 'something' to get through the day, and kratom 'aroma' helps. ( Also with anxiety, etc.). My issue I guess would be tolerance. People advise to 'take breaks' from kratom to minimize this, but I don't think I want to. I use capsules, around 10 G total a day, which is 9-10 pills to take twice a day, which due to throat issues is getting annoying, I gag and get sick on that many sometimes, jamming up my throat, and wasting it. I can't drink the tea and it seems labor intensive. Id like to up my dosage a bit, a but that means more caps. SO... should I try extracts, so as to take less of an amount, or will that raise my tolerance more? I did extract (15:1) years ago, (i think I was taking a lot, I never measured it) I felt great but Definatley noticed WD when running out. Not to mention the price. Should I just stay away from stronger stuff, maybe make my own resin balls, which are so small and concentrated? I read the resin process is labor intensive but at least you don't have to make it everyday. My goal is to NOT be MORE dependent on anything. I'm probably answering my own ?, but does anyone have any personal anecdotes about powder vs extracts? Again, sorry for length, I'm lonely today and am talking to the Internet. ;)
Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Tolerance/Should I Switch to extracts? 1 year 5 months ago #9254

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 921
HI Con177,
I think you DID answer your own questions, quite thoroughly. I don't usually take advice at face value, but it's known that extracts increase tolerance, so you're in a different horse race. I have HEARD, not TRIED, that switching to stem and vein (I believe it comes ground up the same to simplify your new lifestyle of making resin balls, but check with your favorite vendor to be certain. Some vendors don't necessarily HAVE the stem and vein on their SITE, you may need to inquire personally about IF they have it, how much is it, what plant variety, have the previous purchasers given good reviews, is it in a powder form for you if ordered... Supposedly that is a way of getting a "break" from your standard strain-switching for avoiding tolerance. I have no experience, I just read a lot about the topic,, email your favorite vendor or two? Hopefully, you'll get more certain responses here also when the others see your post. Good Luck!
I am currently considering suboxone, myself. Were you able to enjoy kratom while taking suboxone? Any advice would be appreciated. Is it REALLY harder to W/D from than opiates?
Laurie

Tolerance/Should I Switch to extracts? 1 year 5 months ago #9256

• Cori177
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Laurie thanks very much for the detailed reply.

I will ask my vendor about stem/vein and look into it, thank you!
Ok... This will be a little long, sorry. I just want to say it's a big choice to be considering.
This is just my personal story, not doctor advice or anything.
(Sorry to moderators in advance, not sure if this subject is ok to discuss here) about your Sub question, there's a LOT of variables to consider. I don't know what type of opiates you're on, and for how long, amounts, reasons (Health reasons or recreational, etc).
So there's Definatley no straight answer. Another BIG question is if you would just using the Sub to QUIT your opiates (like short term ) or are you planning on doing 'maintenance' (like a dose daily for however long your doctor tells you, I was on and off it for years.). If you're using it just to get thru opiate WDs (like a week or two or short-term), it's unlikely you'll get dependent. But maintenance, you'll get just as dependent as opiates. And yes, they can be bad.
My life path was : in my early 20s was Vicodin for 'fun' (and self-medicating emotional issues), then NEEDING a LOT of it to function, getting online or buying, (going thru WDs so often), then I found a Sub doctor. It did 'save' me, I took it properly, it gave me energy to work hard and stopped my cravings, and you don't 'need' or want to take more and more like regular opiates. I didn't even want the old stuff. Then I wanted to try stopping the subs (the sub-specific doctor visits are almost always cash, and many insurance don't cover Suboxone), and I stumbled on kratom online. I ended up tapering off subs and going to kratom, and I started excersizing, working a lot, felt really good. But I was getting extracts, (expensive). So I went BACK to the Sub doctor, started again. Then decided to try recreational harder stuff. Bad move. Went back to subs after a few years. ANYWAY, Long story short, MY LAST (I've been off it over a year) Sub WD wasn't too bad, I tapered down for weeks, skipping days, (there's a ton of info on how to minimize sub WD online, and explaining what to expect short and long-term), then did just the kratom. It wasn't that bad, BUT that was after many many attempts and WDs thru the years that I couldn't get through. This last one thankfully wasn't bad, due to planning. But I also wasn't working and was able to detox at home. If you're working or have kids, it can be more difficult. You can help get thru faster by excersize, water, vitamins, eating, etc, but it's easier said than done when you're sick.
Now I'm just kratom, and I'm really happy, because Sub is NOT like regular opiates. It's hard to find doctors who prescribe it, the initial process is detailed, annoying, and expensive, a LOT of pharmacies don't carry it or run out, and you WILL get sick after about the 2-3 day of running out, if you do. (It stays in your system a long time) But yes, I HAVE had many WD from Subs. It's different than pills or hard stuff, but can last for weeks. The depression is bad. NO energy. Bad RLS (restless leg syndrome), no sleep, can't eat, etc. I honestly I never made it thru a week before giving up and going back to subs or even anything else. seriously, just look around, there's a LOT of info about it online, personal stories, etc.
it CAN give people control over regular opiate use but it's a serious drug.
ok last sentence: the longer you're on it, the harder and longer it will be to go thru WDs especially if you jumped back and forth between opiates like I did (it's called the kindling effect I think). But everybody's story is different. I just mean, it might work for you depending on what you want it for, but quitting after long term was very hard for me and took a long time and failed attempts.

Sorry that was so long and I repeated myself a lot! It was like a shadow over me, I was always so scared of running out, even WITH a doctors prescription. I do miss the (fake) energy and it gave me, but it dulled my sex drive, and made me feel emotionally detached. I didn't really feel things much. And again, it can be a difficult medication to get sometimes (stock out, not many pharmacies have it, that was my experience over 4-5 years ago) which sucks if you need it. again, im pretty sure it's cash only doctors, like 150-200 or something per Suboxone-specific monthly visit, and NO, they don't prescribe refills, that's what 3-4 doctors I've encountered did). And I've experienced a stigma to it sometimes in pharmacies and doctor offices, they know you're getting it for the purpose of not doing opiates.

Good luck :)
Cori
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Cori177. Reason: Adding a sentence
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Tolerance/Should I Switch to extracts? 1 year 5 months ago #9257

• Cori177
  • Senior Boarder
Sorry Laurie I forgot:

Yes, suboxone will totally block the effects of kratom (and opiate meds/pills, etc), I say this NOT as an expert but because I've tried it multiple times in the past. It just wastes the kratom. Kratom is a pretty gentle plant, there's nothing it can do against or to 'add to' suboxone, the sub is really strong, that's it's purpose, is to block any opiate from your receptors. it's complicated lol I'm not a doc or chemist, I just know from trying myself. And it reeeeally raises your opiate tolerance, and stays in system for days. So you'd be sacrificing kratom and/or your opiate medication too. You won't feel anything. You can 'burn' kratom and take your opiate, but not with subs.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Cori177. Reason: Add words

Tolerance/Should I Switch to extracts? 1 year 5 months ago #9258

• ILOVEK2
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
I have been using Kratom for over 3 years now .Been using it EVERY DAY 7 days a week for 3 year. The good head buzz is long gone. but what it does for me has stuck. My answer is to MIX / cycle the different types of kratom around When you hear a vendors got good stuff by the replies on(reddit.com ) then buy some keep 2-3 different vendors stuff on hand use it for a week or so then use a different strain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mystickratom

Tolerance/Should I Switch to extracts? 1 year 5 months ago #9259

• Cori177
  • Senior Boarder
Ok, thanks.
I have been mixing strains. I'm slowly getting a couple varied vendor base to switch around in case of shortage, instead of just one vendor. I guess maybe you could cycle 'lower amounts' for a few days, maybe it will help. Thanks, reddit has some good info

:)

Tolerance/Should I Switch to extracts? 1 year 5 months ago #9261

• LilyRosemary
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
Hi, I am in the exact same position as you. I take 10 caps around noon and then 6-8 more a couple hours later. I, too, struggle with tolerance. I accidentally ordered an extract and was warned by many people to not get sucked into them so i used .25 grams to .5 grams along with my scaled-down dose (6-8 caps....then 3-4 more later) until the 10 extract pills were gone. It was a good experience BUT I am going to shy away from them and just continue to mix up all diff kids of strains. Right now I am experimenting with TRYING to choke down the powder form...i heard it is a better effect, but the jury is still out on that one for me...anyway, also I heard that using stem and leaf off and on is good, also adding tumeric to the dose, I am going to try that too.

Tolerance/Should I Switch to extracts? 1 year 5 months ago #9269

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
Now I see I got your name wrong, Cori. My apologies.
THANK YOU for the thorough, well written explanation of your various experiences! It really gives me more to THINK on while I'm waiting for a psychiatrist to be assigned to assist me, should I choose that route (with Kratom) . I HAVE read a lot online, but your reply was so nice and summarized, that I'm not left feeling "still confused". Instead, I can decide based on MY issues, as you explained, which can vary depending on how much I REALLY want to make CHANGE in my life, or band aid things, etc. I'm iff work temporarily, so I feel this may be my ONLY CHANCE, should I try that route, and the "stigma" has been weighing heavy on me, regardless. I wasn't aware that suboxone ALSO has the "stigma" from which I will be judged - forever. Societal judgement is so - unjust. With the Internet, change NEVER matters the way it could have, before healthcare and judgement became permanently NON-private, no matter WHAT HPPA does for supposedly providing privacy for patients/people. Online records change EVERYTHING for generations going forward. Unfortunately. Thank you for that straightforward reply!
Laurie

Tolerance/Should I Switch to extracts? 1 year 5 months ago #9272

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
YIKES! That's a LOT of sacrifice. NOW I know that suboxone is NOT going to be an option for me. I'll try suffering and hope Kratom helps. The W/D symptoms you provided are ALREADY in play, so I may as well have Kratom to help instead of eliminating it as an option. I admire those who are SO DETERMINED, that suboxone actually helps some folks. I'll use my time wisely, however miserable. See you all - along the way to the other side. Again.
Laurie

Tolerance/Should I Switch to extracts? 1 year 5 months ago #9276

• Cori177
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Laurie my Posts have been moderated/flagged, I'm not sure why yet. I'm still new to the site., :(

I hope you're doing ok. I'm trying to contact a moderator and find out what was wrong in my post

Cori
  • Page:
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds