Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kratom constipation is killing me.....

Bookmark and Share

Kratom constipation is killing me..... 1 year 11 months ago #4792

• guitarguy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 207
I think I am going to stop. One side ffects is killing me. It works so well for pain. It gets rid of all my pain but but the constipation is horrible. I have tried everything, tons of water, I exercise and eat well, supplements yet never have a bowl movement while taking kratom. I just have horrible gas and only periodic diarrhea. Even laxatives won't help. This kratom completely shuts my digestion and bowls off. I have to stay full on opiates through my doctor. Really sucks.

Kratom constipation is killing me..... 1 year 11 months ago #4793

• ILOVEK2
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
I found Prunes while I burn the kratom works best for me. If your mixing Kratom and opiates from a doctor then try backing off the Doctor stuff with kratom and Prunes. I eat them by the bag full (12 prunes) a night with 14 or so grams of Kratom.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kratom constipation is killing me..... 1 year 11 months ago #4795

• guitarguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Nah, doesn't work for me. I am a nutrition freak and personal trainer. Prunes are a huge part of my diet but makes no difference with Kratom. I have not taken opiate medication in a long while. This week I am going to have to finally switch back full time on opiates.

This stinks because I thought Kratom was my answer. I read some articles that Kratom slows the digestive track and can also freeze or paralyze the stomach. Scary stuff.

Oh well, I tried.

Kratom constipation is killing me..... 1 year 11 months ago #4800

• cybin_spores
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kratom is my friend.
  • Thank you received: 282
Don't give up that easy.. go to wal-mart go to the tea aisle. The brand is Traditional Medicinals.. It's a purple box it's called organic Smooth move. IT's a senna stimulant laxative.. It works if you drink like 2 or three cups, sometimes just one.. If you've already tried that then I don't know what else if you've already tried milk of mag. maybe a smaller dose of kratom. good luck, pain killers suck, so does constipation. Maybe get some probiotics also
~Jason

Kratom constipation is killing me..... 1 year 11 months ago #4801

• guitarguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks. I have tried most of those except milk of magnesia so maybe tomorrow.
I have been living on suppositories to get anything moving. Ugh.
Not much else I can do.

Kratom constipation is killing me..... 1 year 11 months ago #4825

• twinc
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I have some of the same problems, but not quite that bad. Thing is the Dr. prescribed pain meds I was taking slow me down the same way. Doctor told me to take miralax daily and it helped when taking the pain meds. Since I cut out the pain meds and went just to kratom it kind of has the same effect. The pain relief I get from Kratom is better than the pain meds. But I’ve found if I dose more than once a day and don’t get some breaks in things come to a halt. I did add a glass of prune juice once a day during the times I take more and it helped. Good Luck, hope you get this solved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: werewolf

Kratom constipation is killing me..... 1 year 11 months ago #4826

• kemppaulh
  • Thank you received: 384
My Naturopathic Doctor recommended Magnesium Citrate for this purpose. I take three 400mg capsules just before bed and I am "good to go" in the morning. I eat mainly vegetarian which also helps (meat and cheese slow the digestive process for me).
Nearly everyone doesn't get sufficient magnesium, so it's not going to hurt anyone. You can go higher on the number of capsules you take, until it causes diarrhea, then back off some.
I buy Source Naturals brand which is high quality and it's still inexpensive compared to the benefit it offers. It also helps with sleep, reduces anxiety, tension, and helps nervous system function. A very important mineral in a more useful form our body can absorb. Plain leaf kratom in moderate amounts + magnesium = No problems! Hope this helps, going back to opiate will only bind you up worse, so I'd find a way to make this option work.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: werewolf

Kratom constipation is killing me..... 1 year 11 months ago #4829

• guitarguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Luckily my magnesium and all vitamin and mineral levels are perfect and I have them checked periodically. Thanks to being an athlete, bodybuilderand powerlifter, I pay very close attention to nutrition.
I have always paid close attention to things like vitamin D, Magnesium levels and so on. I also have done lots and lots of research on the best brands, etc like you have.

I know you all mention magnesium citrate but I prefer other forms for better absorption so I believe it comes down to getting the best source.

I am a semi vegetarian and seldom eat meat. For the most part I am a vegetarian and belong to some great vegetarian and natural bodybuilding groups.

Miralax...has helped, as had other laxatives at times but hate living on laxatives.

Actually going back to opiate meds Wil not bind me up! Actually, the oposite!
I have been taking op I ate meds since 2010 with no constipation problems. Only Morphine constipated me. Any of the others have ni impact on my bowel movements.

If I switch back to Tapentadol 100%, I will be back to normal within a day. I have gone through this many times.

Due to my fluid intake, vitamin and mineral levels,diet and exercise, I hardly ever experience any issues.

Only Morphine and now Kratom clog me up!

I have had to take the amount of kratom that gets rid of the pain, otherwise no point in taking kratom for me. So, typically 3 or 4 grams every 5 or 6 hours.

I am going to try some new things. I will report back.

Thank you all!

Peace,
Rich

Kratom constipation is killing me..... 1 year 11 months ago #4840

• werewolf
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 79
Do you think that the tea might be easier on the digestive system?

Kratom constipation is killing me..... 1 year 11 months ago #4868

• werewolf
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 79
werewolf wrote:
Do you think that the tea might be easier on the digestive system?

I was just reading about tea brewing methods on a website I googled up, re-reading it actually. One person said that switching to k tea completely resolved the digestive system problems he was having with it.
  • Page:
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds