Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.

TOPIC: Is it safe for me to use Kratom?

Bookmark and Share

Is it safe for me to use Kratom? 7 months 2 weeks ago #15866

• jakerabbit25
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I recently discovered Kratom about an hour ago and it seems like something I could use. I started looking online to order some, but I just have some concerns about its effects. I have serious constipation and digestive issues, so the biggest thing I'm worried about is taking something that would complicate that issue further. Would Kratom make my constipation worse (I wouldn't use it often)? Also, I'm on about 3 different medications, so are there any specific interactions Kratom would have with other medications? Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is it safe for me to use Kratom? 7 months 2 weeks ago #15869

• gmantheman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 506
I am not sure if it would interact with any of your medications. As far as constipation, a magnesium supplement would help while taking kratom. I am currently using this magnesium drink www.gardenoflife.com/content/product/why...lated-relax-restore/

I have also used this magnesium drink naturalvitality.com/natural-calm/

I take a serving of the magnesium drink at night and it keeps me regular.

Is it safe for me to use Kratom? 7 months 2 weeks ago #15874

Personally i use kratom daily and it does not constipate me at all. But everyone is different. I second the mag, it would help if constipation is an issue, plus i think its supposed to be good for you neways lol.

Without knowing the meds i doubt anyone would know how kratom would interact with them. I know it does not go well with painkillers, it kind of kills the effects of both, or sometimes it makes both effects much stronger. I recently quit taking pain killers, and it took about 2 weeks before my kratom started working like normal again at my normal doses.

But i think it had alot to do with me taking both in the same day a few times, (not at same time) and alternating between painkillers and kratom, eventually i developed a huge tolerance to both, and neither of them were working like normal. I felt very off and not myself for a good while.

After i stopped the painkillers altogether, i waited about 2 days to start taking kratom and it was working but but not like normal. But after a couple weeks I am getting the normal effects from my normal 3-4g. doses. So i am happy, and am back to just sticking with my kratom.

But this is the only drug interaction i know of, and this is just my personal experience i do not know if everyone who has took both had these issues or not. Hope this helps :-bd
Be not afraid of growing slowly, Be afraid only of standing still.

Is it safe for me to use Kratom? 7 months 2 weeks ago #15878

• Usernametaken
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 220
This is only my personal experience with kratom & constipation. You say you have digestive issues, can you be more specific?

I have Crohn's Disease. I highly recommend drinking a lot of water & agree with the others to take magnesium. There are many types. Magnesium Citrate or Magnesium Glycinate are probably the best.

I recently started a new med and one side effect is constipation. I'm having serious issues now, didn't have bowel movement for four days. Ended up with impacted fecal matter.

For those that have Crohn's, Colitis, or IBS make sure you eat properly, drink lots of water and if needed use Miralax. Actually this applies to everyone.

I don't blame kratom for my problem. I wasn't drinking enough water or exercising; which helps move bowels.

Hopefully noone finds themselves in my situation. I'm currently in the hospital. I waited too long to go to ER.

As for medications & cross reactions, some say you shouldn't take SSRIs or SNRIs with kratom. Yet others disagree & take both.

I started Wellbutrin for Major Depressive Disorder it works on dopamine receptors. I think kratom works on the same receptors. I was having mild withdrawal symptoms, after takimg my Wellbutrin they went away.

Only been using kratom for 3 months but want to take a short break. I think the Wellbutrin will help with restlessness, etc.

I hope this is useful info for you and other's.
Live, Learn, Love....
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Usernametaken. Reason: Separate paragraphs

Is it safe for me to use Kratom? 7 months 2 weeks ago #15886

• jakerabbit25
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have IBS-Constipation and severe bloating. My medications are:
Aciphex- for acid reflux
Neurontin- just started for anxiety
Linzess- motility medication for my bowels

It's just that if I don't use it often (once every 1-3 weeks maybe) I don't want to affect my bowels or have constipation issues. I tried Miralax in the past and I didn't do well with it. I do drink plenty of water (around the equivalent of 7 plastic water bottles)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Usernametaken

Is it safe for me to use Kratom? 7 months 1 week ago #16027

• Usernametaken
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 220
I take Neurontin (gabapentin) and I've personally had no negative interaction with kratom. As for the other meds you mentioned I know what they're for but I never took.

If you were to take kratom once a week I don't think you'd have an issue. I would suggest drinking even more water. If you toss n wash and have problem's, you may be better off making kratom tea, I've never tried but it seems easy enough to do. Another suggestion would be to take capsules.

Best Wishes,
D.
Live, Learn, Love....
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds