Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you're new to Kratom, this is the spot to ask questions and get more familiar.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'.

Bookmark and Share

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16659

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 986
Since I have difficulty getting going in the am I also decided to start my day with a white variety. I took 5 gm of White Borneo and am feeling quite jittery too!

So part of this whole experiment is to find what works for you...maybe we will both be going back to a more sedating variety in the morning.

I also found that the pain relief does not come from a single dose like with your pain meds. You have to take it regularly. For me it doesn't take the pain away completely but somehow just makes it more tolerable...especially since I started taking 4 -5 gm instead of 2. I am sleeping much better too.
BEV
"Everybody is talking about pain killers, but nobody is talking about pain."
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, drummagick

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16660

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
I have been using Kratom since about Nov of 2016 BUT just got into more regular use this past month. The opiates are not working anymore and doc is pushing me to come off it and I agree with him. I do not want to take it any more. I kept asking "How does a chemically dependent person come off an opiate if they are still in pain?" The only answer I got was that if you take less your pain will increase at first (rebound) and then your body will reset to the lower dose and you will not need as much. I did not find that to be the case. So as usual I had to take things into my own hands.

With the help of Kratom my opiate dose has bee decreasing and the doc is VERY happy. He will probably take the credit for it thinking that his medically supervised withdrawal has been successful NOT!

I just had my first 24 hours without any oxycodone! Working on the next 24 hours and feeling VERY good about this.
BEV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Usernametaken, drummagick

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16661

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
I am in Canada and it is legal here.

I order from www.kratomcanada.com/

They have some really good information about the various strains there and it does take some experimentation.

My body is like the canary in the coal mine. I react to any chemicals, molds etc. I cannot take most over the counter medications because they are coated with food coloring dyes. I even had an allergic reaction to Cannabis even though I just sucked the oil off the end of a toothpick.

I have had no problem with the products from Kratom Canada so they must be good quality. Very good service too as orders are filled quickly. They use an interac transfer for payment so that is a bit clunky but once you get used to it, it is no bother.

***hope it is OK to post links I did not see anything in TOF for the site that prohibited that, but it is not unusual for me to miss things***
BEV

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16662

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
That little euphoric buzz goes away as your body develops tolerance to the narcotics.

I do find that I get that with the higher doses of the Kratom (Red Bali) but it will probably disappear as I get more used to it. That is NOT why I take it though so not too concerned.
BEV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, Usernametaken, drummagick

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16663

• drummagick
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
I've been doing a lot of reading up in the last month. I suspect that a lot
of the people reporting a nice euphoria with this or that strain are
probably taking higher doses than I'm willing, or able, to take. :)

Thank you all for your answers. Very helpful. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16664

• drummagick
  • Fresh Boarder
Madmax, I like your suggestion of mixing the green Malaysian
and the Super Indo very much. Decent pain relief and
I feel good too. No jitters, uplifted mood. One gram of each.

Thank you. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurie, bomalley

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16665

• bomalley
  • Platinum Boarder
madmaxnightrider wrote:
That's great that your staying with just 1 Hydro. Things can get out of Control fast with Opiates like that one. I know all about that. Also I didn't feel much from Red Thai either. It don't really cause any Mood Lift or Energy. If your looking for the more Euphoric Kratom then I would go towards Green & White Strains. Kratom is not going to give you a Strong Euphoria. Kratom is a mild herb that can cause Mild Euphoria from time to time. I would suggest also Blending some of the Strains that you have to Experiment. I would suggest mixing like 50/50 Mixture. I would try mixing the Green Malaysian & Super Indo in the Daytime & mixing the Red Vein & Red Maeng Da at night.

I never thought of mixing them...thanks I might try this!
BEV

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16677

• drummagick
  • Fresh Boarder
Earlier this evening I tried a mix of Bali (2/3) and Red Maeng Da (1/3). It worked
fine in the ways I want it to work, and I can feel I'll be able to sleep well tonight.

But after experiencing this a few times, I'm pretty sure that Maeng Da gives me a headache.

Luckily I have a big ol' prescription of Midrin for tension headache and migraine, and
one capsule works a treat for this kratom headache.

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16680

• Usernametaken
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 221
If your getting headaches, most likely you're not drinking enough water(you need to drink more water than you normally do while using kratom). Another reason could be you're taking too much. I experienced this when I started using kratom.
It's also a good idea to take magnesium to avoid constipation.

I've found RMD to be more energizing than sedating. Red Thai has a similar effect on me.
Live, Learn, Love....
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Usernametaken.

Help with picking a strain please, more euphoric, less 'speedy'. 7 months 3 weeks ago #16681

• Laurie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Have a better day!
  • Thank you received: 1136
If they are euphoric from kratom, they are new to it and never had opiate issues prior to use. I call it the "honeymoon" with kratom. It lasted me about 2-3 weeks of my first times trying it. I only notice when I HAVEN'T used my depression management plant.
I think any claims of euphoria beyond the first 2 weeks is up to something OTHER than the benefits the rest of us seek, like anxiety relief, depression relief, minor pain relief, and no euphoric feelings. Sorry
Laurie
The following user(s) said Thank You: drummagick, bomalley
  • Page:
Moderators: Marie C, kemppaulh
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds